Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anubis, Thoth and Ma'at

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostAbba mudda, on 14 May 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Ma'at <holy ghost >love.
Thoth<jesus of egypt > truth.
Anubis<father >life.

Ma'at > Snap
Thoth > Crackle
Anubis > Pop

Just because you can make comparisons doesn't mean that was inherently part of the idea of the people who created the original.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#17    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'm not sure that the Vatican wasn't involved in Renaissance Hermeticism at one stage, and probably still are in religious beliefs:-

http://footnotes2pla...itics-of-magic/

Pope Paul III proclaimed Licet ab initio, establishing The Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition on 21st July 1542 in Rome, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....ne_of_the_Faith

A few years later Exposcit Debitum was proclaimed in Rome on 21st July 1550, that is the papal bull that established The Jesuits, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....xposcit_debitum

Many catholic religious orders are aligned to Sirius or Alnilam, Belt of Orion, 21st July on 1542 and 1550 are auspicious dates in Rome, perhaps very Egyptian in nature, as during that time in Rome Sirius rose with the Sun on 21st July, astronomy graph on link below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3546&mode=view

A lot of people during the Renaissance did mix up Hermetic ideas with christian beliefs!

#18    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,734 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

any given post, trust it to monk to drag his sirius into it.

No correlation at all with the subject of the post.

Edited by The_Spartan, 14 May 2013 - 07:57 PM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#19    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 14 May 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

any given post, trust it to monk to drag his sirius into it.

No correlation at all with the subject of the post.

Yeah, but ask him what "aligned" means and see if he gives you a straight answer. He's just trying to get people to go to his Sirius thread, since no one there will talk to him. (See previous sentence.)

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#20    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

No one on this forum should have any difficulty knowing that Sirius rose with the Sun and thus aligned in Egyptian Calendar, so why choose not to understand the same in Rome, when you have research that show links then you tend to have a great deal of information.

#21    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,734 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

The OP wants to show some link between the so called Egyptian Trinity and the Christian Trinity.

What does the sirius alignment crap have to do with this linking between them?

Nothing!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#22    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,948 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostAbba mudda, on 14 May 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Anubis is not Jackal, but dog. Dogs have honesty, courage with patience and tenderness.

1995a. [I have found thee assembled], [thy (lit. his) face] like (that of) a jackal, thy (lit. his) seat like (that of) ḳbḥ.wt;
1995b. she refreshes thy heart in thy body, in the house of her (lit. thy) father Anubis.

"Kbḥ.wt;" is at the "double rail end of the ladder"  ie- the top which is the location of Anubis.  She
is the daughter of Anubis.

1867b. thou hast descended like the jackal of the South, like Anubis who is over (i.e. protects) the (southern) ’itr.t-palace;

Mercer's interpretation is apparently wrong here; Anubis is over the ’itr.t-palace

1713b. Thou goest forth at the voice (of Anubis), for he has spiritualized thee,
1713c. like Thot, (or) like Anubis, prince of the court of justice (or, divine court),
...1719d. as the jackal (god), nome-governor (of the Bows), the Two Enneads,

2128b (Nt. 834). thy forepart being like that of a jackal, thy hinderpart like Ḳbḥ.wt.

Again, this is the daughter of Anubis and provides a clue to the appearance of Anubis.

2026a. O N., who keeps secret his form, like Anubis on his belly,
2026b. receive thy face of a jackal; raise thyself up; stand up.

804d. as the jackal god, nome-governor of the Bows, as Anubis who presides over the pure (holy) land.

1380b. Let him raise himself up, Anubis, he who is in the mnwi-shrine.
1380c. Thy feet are like those of a jackal; stand up.

1257a. They prevent thee from rotting, in accordance with this thy name of "Anubis";
1257b. they prevent thy putrefaction from flowing to the ground,
1257c. in accordance with this thy name of "jackal of the South";

There are several others but they are either embedded in the text or dependent on my
interpretation of the PT in order to be supportive of the argument that Anubis was initially
a jackal.  In any case it is quite apparent that Anubis was a jackal or, at the least, the word
was translated by Mercer as "jackal".

I'm aware that later people and the Greeks considered him a dog.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#23    desert palm tree

desert palm tree

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostAbba mudda, on 26 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

In John's revelation chapter 12 there is a woman clothed a sun. The sun which the woman clothed is Sirius, while the woman is our sun. The woman is a symbol of Ma'at and Thoth , a generic term not feminine or masculine. The sun which the woman clothed is a symbol of Anubis.

Anubis is a dog-star Sirius, and the woman....offcourse she is Ma'at. But her child could be Thoth, a New Year month[moon] in Egyptian calendar. Moon the symbol of Thoth, and Thout - first month of the year

#24    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Abba Mudda has interesting Hermetic beliefs, i have no problem with that at all, only with secret societies who misinterpret the role of religious beliefs and use them in politics and war, as shown regarding inquisition.

So Spartan, to your comments i say "That Dog Won't Hunt".   Meaning by Southern American slang, you are not making sense!

Sirius has long been part of Hermetic beliefs, as mentioned below:-

http://aleph.ngsm.or...OTh/8hermes.htm

Jaylemurph mentioned hermetic on thread section #10 on previous page, so i'm not off topic!

Edited by monk 56, 15 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#25    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Abba Mudda is a new member, but at least i took the time to debate with him on another thread he started below:-

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=246861

It might seem i'm against these type of beliefs, which isn't true, in a democracy you can have any belief you like within the law and you are not hurting anyone!

However i'm not keen on secret societies using beliefs in politics, any religion is fine when used for personal development, obviously hermetic beliefs are different from what we know of ancient Egyptian thesis, but you find that in any religion.

Perhaps members who are not moderators should leave comments to the real moderator of this forum, and not try to moderate themselves, as often they are wrong in interpretation!

#26    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,734 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the show. Sometimes i do get enjoyment watching people display rabid fanaticism on illogical premises.
Thanks once again.

#27    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 15 May 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Abba Mudda is a new member, but at least i took the time to debate with him on another thread he started below:-

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=246861

It might seem i'm against these type of beliefs, which isn't true, in a democracy you can have any belief you like within the law and you are not hurting anyone!

However i'm not keen on secret societies using beliefs in politics, any religion is fine when used for personal development, obviously hermetic beliefs are different from what we know of ancient Egyptian thesis, but you find that in any religion.

Perhaps members who are not moderators should leave comments to the real moderator of this forum, and not try to moderate themselves, as often they are wrong in interpretation!

Thank you for this revelation of this completely obvious yet wholly off-topic fact. One would think that given the fact you have your own vanity thread, you might keep such things there and not try to highjack other ones.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#28    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,734 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 15 May 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Thank you for this revelation of this completely obvious yet wholly off-topic fact. One would think that given the fact you have your own vanity thread, you might keep such things there and not try to highjack other ones.

--Jaylemurph

Sometimes you have to call  a spade a spade!

#29    desert palm tree

desert palm tree

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

All stars including our sun , many planets and their satellites have iron core. NASA scientists and most astronomers don't agree each other, i think on this point. But this [fact ] reminds me something.
    In ancient Egyptian those bunch of gods have one aspect or one [iron core] of nature. It has been said some of their gods experienced death, but their core nature is not mortal. Their inner nature or spirit of them is immortal. But their flesh or skin, helium or hydrogen like our sun could be no more emit. . .
  Ma'at Thoth and Anubis have aspects of one god , Ra - Jehovah,  Allah or Waaqaa. In Ma'at you can get the character or nature of Thoth or Anubis. Or in Thoth. . . Or in Anubis. . .  In other words in Ma'at is Thoth, in Thoth Anubis etc.
  You can't say ancient Egyptians were Polytheists

#30    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostAbba mudda, on 16 May 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

All stars including our sun , many planets and their satellites have iron core. NASA scientists and most astronomers don't agree each other, i think on this point. But this [fact ] reminds me something.
In ancient Egyptian those bunch of gods have one aspect or one [iron core] of nature. It has been said some of their gods experienced death, but their core nature is not mortal. Their inner nature or spirit of them is immortal. But their flesh or skin, helium or hydrogen like our sun could be no more emit. . .
  Ma'at Thoth and Anubis have aspects of one god , Ra - Jehovah,  Allah or Waaqaa. In Ma'at you can get the character or nature of Thoth or Anubis. Or in Thoth. . . Or in Anubis. . .  In other words in Ma'at is Thoth, in Thoth Anubis etc.
  You can't say ancient Egyptians were Polytheists

You better hope our sun doesn't have an iron core. If it does, we're due almost immediately for a truly destructive explo....

Edited by jaylemurph, 16 May 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

Deeply venial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users