Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

A ghostly call for time? CCTV footage

nigel harris exmouth rugby club pub bell bar

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,237 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Spooked pub staff believe their bar is haunted by the ghost of a former drinker who recently died - after its bell appeared to signal last orders by itself.

Bar workers believe the spirit of Nigel Harris, 64, is ringing time from beyond the grave at
Exmouth Rugby Club in Devon.

They say the last order bell has been sounding unmanned and believe Mr Harris, a popular customer of 30 years who recently passed away, is haunting them.

http://www.dailymail...ing-nearby.html

Posted Image

#2    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

If it's a ghost, it's a ghost. However, I'm not convinced.

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Oh my that was creepy...I mean you can clearly see it ringing BY ITSELF in the video in the link.

Even in death you still can't get men to leave the bar. :)

Edited by Kowalski, 14 May 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,995 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Bar takings down a bit, Frank? Nothing like a bit of supernatural publicity, is there? Why not give Derek Acorah a ring?

Just a thought - Why not cut down on the number of obese bar-staff that seem to be on duty? They must cost a fortune to feed!

Edited by ealdwita, 14 May 2013 - 04:55 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,583 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Just can't stand to leave the place behind.  Wonder if he felt the same about his family.

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postealdwita, on 14 May 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Bar takings down a bit, Frank? Nothing like a bit of supernatural publicity, is there? Why not give Derek Acorah a ring?

I God, NO! Just no. That man has some serious issues.

View PostHilander, on 14 May 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Just can't stand to leave the place behind.  Wonder if he felt the same about his family.

Typical man...

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,772 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hmmmm.....

One would think with this kind of ongoing evidence, a University, and / or credible Scientists would be called in to have a look.

Who would not want this to be real?......And be the one to have the proof?

Can not do that when you are faking things......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#8    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Hmmmm.....

One would think with this kind of ongoing evidence, a University, and / or credible Scientists would be called in to have a look.

That would scare away the ghost.

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

NO NOT HAVING IT. Watch from 0.36 just before the bell rings, there is no rope hanging down, it looks as if the rope was put on the shelf (loosely) and then when it fell it obviously rang the bell, the girls did not notice that the rope was NOT hanging down before the bell rang....but i did.Posted Image

ps: Honey Boo Boo is not cute.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Such poor quality could easily have fishing wire attached to it and having every one playing along with it.

This reminds me of ANOTHER bar video.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#11    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Their reactions are ridiculous.

Casually come around the corner and look at bell with wonder on face?  Yeah if there's a strong wind.

Have it ring LOUDLY in the middle of the night with everthing shut with force and catch a frightened reaction and I won't roll my eyes so hard they nearly get stuck.

#12    goodgodno

goodgodno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• Explore. Dream. Discover.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Shame he/she couldn't have collected the glasses...

#13    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 14 May 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Their reactions are ridiculous.

Casually come around the corner and look at bell with wonder on face?  Yeah if there's a strong wind.

Have it ring LOUDLY in the middle of the night with everthing shut with force and catch a frightened reaction and I won't roll my eyes so hard they nearly get stuck.
It looked like a rope that was connected to the bell itself, which wouldn't moved like that with a gust s of wind. If it were wind gusts something else would have moved. Napkins, paper, cocktail straws, something would have blown around. I think it's far more likely that it's fishing wire, as Brian suggested, and if it were, I'd assume the patrons (if they were even open) would see it. However, with low quality of film, it's very difficult to tell.

A skeptical believer.

#14    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostBlueBomber, on 25 May 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

It looked like a rope that was connected to the bell itself, which wouldn't moved like that with a gust s of wind. If it were wind gusts something else would have moved. Napkins, paper, cocktail straws, something would have blown around. I think it's far more likely that it's fishing wire, as Brian suggested, and if it were, I'd assume the patrons (if they were even open) would see it. However, with low quality of film, it's very difficult to tell.

Oh no, I see the string, I was just saying the reaction is as if it were a gust a wind or some other ringing from a natural phenomenon.

If it were an unexpected loud ring of a supernatural nature, the reactions would have been different.  More shocked and retreating methinks.

#15    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 May 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Oh no, I see the string, I was just saying the reaction is as if it were a gust a wind or some other ringing from a natural phenomenon.

If it were an unexpected loud ring of a supernatural nature, the reactions would have been different.  More shocked and retreating methinks.
I see what you mean, I wondered if there was a use for the bell though? Maybe if an order was up they'd ring the bell. They weren't shocked until the girl went over and looked around the corner to see that no one was there. That's how it looked to me, but it also doesn't look like there's anyone in the bar either.

A skeptical believer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users