Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If every human that existed jumped at once

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

If everyone jumped at once, i'm sure we would have thousands of people going to the hospital with sprang ankles.. We would have Half of everyone claiming to have felt some change, the other half claiming to not have felt any change...

In other words.. Life will continue as usual.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#17    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

um, babies cant jump. disabled in wheelchairs cant jump. white men cant jump etc so........ :blink: lmao :D

seriously I doubt anythin would happen tbh

Edited by kitty81, 20 May 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Kitty >'.'<

#18    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

There would be lots of corpse

#19    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

What if everyone passed wind at the same time?

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#20    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,500 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Depends.

Are all their asses pointing the same direction, or are we talking random directions here?

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 14 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Really? Nothing would happen? That's disappointing then :/
Nop. There would be a several hundred thousand sprained ankles or more, a few thousand broken wrists, legs, and arms, probably a few broken necks, a few deaths because somebody was carrying a knife or fire arm. Some moron would be carrying a baby and drop it. I can imagine a multitude of car accidents a  few plane crashes, and probably a few drownings where Somone slips and falls down a levy into swift water. Since Somone somewhere is hiding from a preditor or murderer, it might give them away, and I'm sure it will cause hell at some packed soccer game or group pictures. :D

View PostxFelix, on 20 May 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

If everyone jumped at once, i'm sure we would have thousands of people going to the hospital with sprang ankles.. We would have Half of everyone claiming to have felt some change, the other half claiming to not have felt any change...

In other words.. Life will continue as usual.
Crap you got to it before me. :)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#22    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostDark_Grey, on 14 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

This. We're all scattered over the globe so all that human weight would be pulled towards the center of the Earth, spread over the surface of the Earth.

Ergo, nothing would happen.

That's why we all get on each other's shoulders and do it.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#23    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Or even better, what would happen if everyone shut the hell up at the same time.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#24    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,003 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#25    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

If everyone closed their eyes at the same time would the universe cease to exist?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#26    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 18 June 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

If everyone closed their eyes at the same time would the universe cease to exist?

No, but  there would be a really loud farting sound, and the smell would be described as evil.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#27    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,805 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

http://what-if.xkcd.com/8/

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#28    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

Lots of us would get far more exercise than we usually do in a day in front of the computer

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users