Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christian teacher in Egypt faces trial

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Alaa al Hadidi, the prime minister’s spokesman, said he views the grassroots movement as a sign of growth.  “I am happy because before, nobody spoke, nobody cared, nobody was interested.  Now everybody feels that they own the country and have a stake.”

good luck and safe tidings ... above all ... safe tidings and safe blessings  ....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#47    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,628 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 26 May 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I apologize for 'nacroposting', but I have just received now a petition form of Tamord/Rebel, which is a grassroots movement aiming for the withdrawal of confidence from Mursi and forcing early presidential elections. Rebel started about a month ago, and so far they have gathered several million signatures. Many of those who signed volunteer to copy the form at their expense and distribute it among their family, friends & co-workers. Some of them were shot at, others were beaten up by MB, yet the movement continues to gather momentum

In the context of this thread, and in reference to comments made about Egypt having a different set of values or view of democracy and civil rights, I want to draw attention to the reasons given for the no confidence vote: "life in dignity, freedom, social justice and national independence". These are not demands for a religious state, or for a stricter application of Sharia, or for segregation of Muslims and Christians. As long as there are millions who strive for civil rights and social justice, there is still hope for Egypt, for both Muslims & Copts, despite the MB and their backers.

The Tamarod/Rebel movement http://worldnews.nbc...o-protest-morsi

The petition form: http://tamarod.com/i...hp?page=english
This is very good news...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users