Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Whole life terms for police killers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Criminals who kill police officers in England and Wales will face compulsory whole life sentences, Home Secretary Theresa May has announced.

She unveiled plans for a change in legislation at the Police Federation conference in Bournemouth.

Mrs May stressed that to kill a police officer was "to attack the fundamental basis of our society".

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Postxsas, on 15 May 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

View: Read more

Nah, they should all get life tarrifs regardless of who they murder.

and when the prisons get full hang some!

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Another manifestation of 'the UKIP effect'.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,954 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postealdwita, on 15 May 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Another manifestation of 'the UKIP effect'.

exactly, UKIP are rocking British politics to the core. await the incoming from the three big parties, the mud slinging hasnt even started with earnest yet. - as for the topic i agree with 'Giant Killer B'

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

My question would be what if the cop is trying to kill you and you did nothing wrong?

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 15 May 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

exactly, UKIP are rocking British politics to the core. await the incoming from the three big parties, the mud slinging hasnt even started with earnest yet. - as for the topic i agree with 'Giant Killer B'

Have you noticed how the other parties are starting to sound tough (or rather, pretending to) on certain subjects they paid no attention to previously.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 16 May 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Have you noticed how the other parties are starting to sound tough (or rather, pretending to) on certain subjects they paid no attention to previously.

Yes but who believes what Lib, Lab and Con are saying?

#8    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 16 May 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yes but who believes what Lib, Lab and Con are saying?

Exactly. You'd have to be a complete muppet to believe any pre-election promises made by the LibLabCon merchants.
Didn't they all promise an EU referendum before the last election. Hell no, they've all had more than their fair share of chances to honour promises made, next time consign all three of them to the dustbin. I'm personally looking forward to any one of their councillors knocking on my door & asking for my support, the look of disgust when I tell them to stick their rosettes where the sun don't shine (as I did with the Labour candidate at the last election) will be priceless.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 16 May 2013 - 05:08 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users