Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Britain's first full-time mermaid

sophie elphick mermaid isle of sheppey

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,799 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Teenager Sophie Elphick is taking the plunge with a career with a difference - as Britain's first full-time MERMAID.

The 16 year-old has always loved the open water after growing up on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.

And after hearing that Australian model Hannah Fraser was making a living as a mermaid she decided there was only one job for her.

http://uk.news.yahoo...;_ylv=3#HUKrRCS

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,399 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm not sure how much of a demand there is for this sort of publicity action in England (I don't want to call it a stunt)... But more power to her, and best of luck for going ahead with her dream...

If it doesn't pan out for her all she's lost is a bit of time while still a teen, but if it pays off....

Edited by Taun, 15 May 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,440 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

I wanna be Captain America. Think I can make a living at that?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#4    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

How fun! Everybody should go for what they love to do. She is still young enough to find out if it will pan out or not. She may have found a niche that no one knew was open. If nothing else she could make enough money after school to help pay for college.

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

The story sounds a little fishy to me. I want to make a living playing Iron Man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users