Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

TV station bumpers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,585 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Like my earlier thread on radio station jingles, I came up on one of TV stations and networks' bumpers, logos and slogans. I start out by displaying the National Broadcasting Company of the USA (or we all know, NBC) has went through lots of changes. Also to add from my childhood of the 1980s/early 90s are saturday morning cartoon block bumpers (I vividly remember more of the late 80s). And my Shoutouts to KNBC 4 of Los Angeles and KMIR 6/36 from my hometown Indio representing the Palm Springs area, and KYMA 11 of El Centro/Yuma Az. retrieved over the air on occassion.

Edited by Mike D boy, 15 May 2013 - 07:02 PM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#2    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,585 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

The slideshow of logos of the local ABC affiliate, KESQ channel 3 (UHF 42), first went on air in 1968 as KPLM-TV.

The tri-color scheme was awesome, but the station decided to go with a big golden "3" in the mid 90s.

#3    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

TF1 have made a catchy disco-like "opening" and a groovy funky "ending" bumper in the 1970's.

This next one's gotta be made by someone on acid: Antenna 2 (now France 2) made a trippy bumper in the late 1970's.

#4    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,585 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

In my wife's hometown of San Mateo, she recalls two ABC stations served the San Francisco Bay and Monterey bay areas. KNTV 11 of San Jose was the secondary ABC affiliate, but changed to become a WB affiliate in 2000 and by 2002, they became the only NBC affiliate for the entire San Francisco Bay area. In fact, when a CBS or NBC station in some metro areas broadcast a live sports game, another TV station by contract agreement carries the CBS or NBC programs on a delayed hour schedule.

Edited by Mike D boy, 25 May 2013 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users