Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

my New theory for for some ET experiences


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

These are not my beliefs even tho I thought of them lol but just thought I'd entertain the idea :)

Just had a thought about how most ET sightings have been mocked because peoples depictions of aliens have matched the ones of block buster movies. My theory, crazy as it is and only based on others anecdotal evidence, is that the aliens we have seen, have have only been artificial intelligence created by aliens.

I've been thinking about how we send information of earth on probes, such as music and art and what ever else we think would best represent earth. What if these were a.I's sent to gather or give information.

if this were true and aliens did have intelligent a.I's to gather information or produce information, it would make sense how aliens can travel so fast with out damaging themselves and why why there are  so many cases of people stepping on to to a ship to encounter a single room that seems to be just for the purpose of meeting them. Why would an alien ship consist of only one table and two chairs.

The reason a.I s might take forms of blockbuster aliens or humanoid aliens is because it better suits us when being interacted with.

if it was an a.i program it would explain why their has been so much individual contact but no world contact.

Aliens might not even be aware or a.I's making contact or the alien civilization might be long extinct, with the a.I's still sweeping the unknown universe for info.

Just a thought but i felt like sharing lol, what do you think?

Apologies for my grammar, it's late :)

Edited by Armchair Educated, 15 May 2013 - 09:58 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,971 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

I think this is a legitimate theory, especially if the aliens back on their  home planet were a long-lived species. It would be much more efficient to send out thousands or even millions of AI probes into the galaxy.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Going to bed for now but looking forward to checking UMers comments in the morning :)

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,405 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Since alien sightings have been around before Hollywood I wonder if they are trying to make them as close to peoples descriptions of them as they can.

Maybe they are extinct, at least the ones that use to come here when we were living in caves.  Maybe they are why modern man stepped onto the stage.  They wanted something of their race to survive.


#5    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostHilander, on 15 May 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Since alien sightings have been around before Hollywood I wonder if they are trying to make them as close to peoples descriptions of them as they can.

Maybe they are extinct, at least the ones that use to come here when we were living in caves.  Maybe they are why modern man stepped onto the stage.  They wanted something of their race to survive.
I think the a.I's don't plan what they will depict them self as but analyse the human for his preferred or comprendable version of an alien. That's why there's Wookie looking Bigfoot aliens and blonde haired tall ones. ( for the subconscious master race thinkers ;) kidding, I think. Lol

Edited by Armchair Educated, 15 May 2013 - 11:39 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#6    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesnowta, USA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

This is interesting to say the least, far exceeds the possibility of advanced A.I. traveling such vast distances and randomly finding us before we even knew how to send a carrier pidgeon much less a radio transmission. Perhaps they did send multiple probes out to every planet or solar system they deemed would be possible to sustain life,  i could see us doing that eventually, heck we already may have one in interstellar space at this very moment and another on its way.  Odds are if your theory or guess or whatever were true, judging by what we know of the speed of light they may not know we were here or may be already dead themselves due the time it would take for the message be received.  So yes speculation is very fun, but i would find this more feasible than the gray alien that haunted my nightmares after watching Communion for the first time as a child.


#7    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

von neumann had the same kind of idea AE, where advanced races would send out robot probes into deep space for exploration. the machines were able to replicate and repair themselves on the journey, and they gave us the concept of self-replicating nano-machines that some people still call 'von neumann machines'!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#8    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostEnderOTD, on 15 May 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

This is interesting to say the least, far exceeds the possibility of advanced A.I. traveling such vast distances and randomly finding us before we even knew how to send a carrier pidgeon much less a radio transmission. Perhaps they did send multiple probes out to every planet or solar system they deemed would be possible to sustain life,  i could see us doing that eventually, heck we already may have one in interstellar space at this very moment and another on its way.  Odds are if your theory or guess or whatever were true, judging by what we know of the speed of light they may not know we were here or may be already dead themselves due the time it would take for the message be received.  So yes speculation is very fun, but i would find this more feasible than the gray alien that haunted my nightmares after watching Communion for the first time as a child.
Thanks for your comment
I would love to hear about your experience of the grey alien in your nightmares after communion, please pm about it.  Would love to hear as many details as your willing to share.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 15 May 2013 - 11:47 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#9    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postshrooma, on 15 May 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

von neumann had the same kind of idea AE, where advanced races would send out robot probes into deep space for exploration. the machines were able to replicate and repair themselves on the journey, and they gave us the concept of self-replicating nano-machines that some people still call 'von neumann machines'!
Very cool stuff, thanks for the info, will check out von Neumann in the morning.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#10    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,179 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 15 May 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

These are not my beliefs even tho I thought of them lol but just thought I'd entertain the idea :)

Just had a thought about how most ET sightings have been mocked because peoples depictions of aliens have matched the ones of block buster movies. My theory, crazy as it is and only based on others anecdotal evidence, is that the aliens we have seen, have have only been artificial intelligence created by aliens.

I've been thinking about how we send information of earth on probes, such as music and art and what ever else we think would best represent earth. What if these were a.I's sent to gather or give information.

if this were true and aliens did have intelligent a.I's to gather information or produce information, it would make sense how aliens can travel so fast with out damaging themselves and why why there are  so many cases of people stepping on to to a ship to encounter a single room that seems to be just for the purpose of meeting them. Why would an alien ship consist of only one table and two chairs.

The reason a.I s might take forms of blockbuster aliens or humanoid aliens is because it better suits us when being interacted with.

if it was an a.i program it would explain why their has been so much individual contact but no world contact.

Aliens might not even be aware or a.I's making contact or the alien civilization might be long extinct, with the a.I's still sweeping the unknown universe for info.

Just a thought but i felt like sharing lol, what do you think?

Apologies for my grammar, it's late :)


I think many people have had this thought, including the writers of Star Trek who seems to have a similar storyline for the episodes Warhead and Dreadnaught. Not to mention Jon Von Nuemman, who has already been mentioned.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 May 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

I think many people have had this thought, including the writers of Star Trek who seems to have a similar storyline for the episodes Warhead and Dreadnaught. Not to mention Jon Von Nuemman, who has already been mentioned.
Glad to be one of many, what star trek series? One of my friends says I might enjoy startrek

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#12    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,971 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

I think one problem would be that after thousands or millions of years these AI robot probes would deteriorate, possibly with a detrimental change to their original program.  At some point they would have to rejuvenate themselves or replicate.

Quote

2. Countless self-replicating machines of all technological generations made by millions of civilizations would spread out like space techno-cancer, devastating almost everything they encounter, self-replicating themselves following their code to reproduce.
Carl Sagan and William Newman have argued that no civilization would dare build such machines for fear that they would mutate into monsters that would destroy the entire Galaxy

Edit: I've lost the link to the page I quoted.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 16 May 2013 - 05:26 PM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#13    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 16 May 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:


Glad to be one of many, what star trek series? One of my friends says I might enjoy startrek
.
'Dreadnaught' and 'Warhead' were both episodes of ST:Voyager, and yes, you'd probably love star trek AE, after all, a billion geeks can't ALL be wrong, can we?!
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,179 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 16 May 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Glad to be one of many, what star trek series? One of my friends says I might enjoy startrek

I agree, you are certainly in good company. Warhead and Dreadnaught are from the Voyager Series. I thoroughlyrecommend Star Trek, but personally never took to the Deep Space Nine series, it's a bit more like a Sci Fi Soap I reckon.

Edited by psyche101, 17 May 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    Whats wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

I like this theory, but the question begs would aliens create something they couldnt recall?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users