Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Turns out Republicans are behind the IRS stf

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,069 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

And it turns out that it was Republicans who asked the IRS to look at the tax-exempt status of Tea Party groups.

Seven Republican members of Congress filed complaints with the IRS in 2010, claiming Tea Party groups engaged in partisan electioneering, leading to an IRS probe, according to agency documents released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) launched an examination of the Tea Party on Oct. 8, 2010, claiming a speech by a Tea Party leader made during the organization's annual convention that criticized President Barack Obama's education and foreign policies crossed the line from issue advocacy to partisan electioneering. [...]
The documents include letters sent from members of Congress on behalf of their constituents, including Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) and Susan Collins (R-ME), Rep. Jo Ann Davis (R-VA), the late Senator Strom Thurmond (R-SC), and former Reps. Larry Combest (R-TX), Joe Scarborough (R-FL) and Robert Ehrlich (R-MD).

http://crooksandliar...ma-wake-wiretap

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,107 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Well duh the two main parties are in it together. Why do you think the Republican party keep picking people like Romney and Bush. Because they act the same as Obma.

The tea party speaks to much common sense for the powers that be.

Libertarians 2016. Just saying :clap:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,990 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postninjadude, on 16 May 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

And it turns out that it was Republicans who asked the IRS to look at the tax-exempt status of Tea Party groups.

Seven Republican members of Congress filed complaints with the IRS in 2010, claiming Tea Party groups engaged in partisan electioneering, leading to an IRS probe, according to agency documents released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) launched an examination of the Tea Party on Oct. 8, 2010, claiming a speech by a Tea Party leader made during the organization's annual convention that criticized President Barack Obama's education and foreign policies crossed the line from issue advocacy to partisan electioneering. [...]
The documents include letters sent from members of Congress on behalf of their constituents, including Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) and Susan Collins (R-ME), Rep. Jo Ann Davis (R-VA), the late Senator Strom Thurmond (R-SC), and former Reps. Larry Combest (R-TX), Joe Scarborough (R-FL) and Robert Ehrlich (R-MD).

So, it was the Republicans that caused the IRS employees (one of whom is an Obama donor, btw,) to commit crimes, then.

That certainly absolves the IRS felons, I suppose.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#4    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postninjadude, on 16 May 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

sad attempt.  come on nijadude, you're better than that...

#5    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,285 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Jail 'em all and start over.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#6    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,506 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I did hear once,  from a GOP source, when the tea party was going strong, that some of the tea party was funded by the Russian mafia. Stood to reason that the IRS would take that seriously.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#7    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,496 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

The real story
Full US News and WR article here: http://www.usnews.co...-criticizing-it

More on this:  http://freebeacon.co...der-pressure-2/

Edited by Merc14, 16 May 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#8    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,456 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Those low level IRS employees were hired prior to 2008, therefore, it's Bush's fault.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,027 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

So basically the Rebpulicans said "we're not sure if all the money is kosher, better do the legal thing and report them to the IRS" and are getting flagilated for it?
I may actually have to start agreeing that the press is rabidly left wing.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,496 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 16 May 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Those low level IRS employees were hired prior to 2008, therefore, it's Bush's fault.

You aren't serious are you?

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostMerc14, on 17 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

You aren't serious are you?

No, he's being sarcastic... :)

#12    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,496 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostKowalski, on 17 May 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

No, he's being sarcastic... :)

Mixed up with someone else, sorry ravenhawk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users