Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 4 votes

Fidel Hussein Obama


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,610 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well you all can Get the He$$ outta this country if you dont like it ! WHy not try living in Iraq,Iran,or the Sudan ! You`ll all be welcome there I bet !
THe U.S.A. is still the best country to live in on this Planet ! with a few exceptions like Oz. Sweden,some of the So called Socialist countries ! Finland,The Scandnivian lots !

This is a Work in Progress!

#32    xFelix

xFelix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for making your IQ publicly visible.

<3

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.


#33    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 May 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well you all can Get the He$$ outta this country if you dont like it ! WHy not try living in Iraq,Iran,or the Sudan ! You`ll all be welcome there I bet !
THe U.S.A. is still the best country to live in on this Planet ! with a few exceptions like Oz. Sweden,some of the So called Socialist countries ! Finland,The Scandnivian lots !
Japan, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Switzerland and probably even Germany.


#34    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Unsuitable for large vehicles

  • Member
  • 24,807 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Surely the very fact that one can say such things about one's country's Leader and (even if it is being monitored by the Spooks, which is something that began long before the current President came to office), you are unlikely to find the Secret Police knocking at your door in raincoats to take one away to the cellars under Police Headquarters, rather suggests that Mr. Obama has not turned the country into a Police state.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 19 May 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,254 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

I could live in the States if I wanted to, but I wouldn't like it.  Even visits are unpleasant for me.  It's not that the States are not a great country, and the people are generally wonderful, and it has some very beautiful places, but it isn't for me.  I think the biggest problem I have is all the little social rules that Vietnamese are relaxed about -- all the "pardon me" and "thank you" and keeping one's distance and not asking certain questions that just come naturally to a Vietnamese (like how much money do you make).  

Then there is the toilet paper and the toilets.  I like the Western style seat, but not the rest of the apparatus one bit.

And the shopping centers -- huge impersonal machines that just want to get you in, grind you up and spit you out sans money.  Ugly, generally dirty, crowded, noisy (announcements and loud music), stand-in-line affairs and miles to walk to get back to your car after walking miles in them.

I also like coconuts and longans and chinese radishes and guava and real bananas and  really fresh veggies and even fresher fish and seafood, and even temperate foods like apples and peaches that haven't been in controlled storage for six months and real tasty tomatoes and chicken, not chicken grease.

Then there is the difference in the government.  Basically, you have elections, and we have committee meetings.  The latter are  more personal, and you have personal cognizance of the people you deal with in government, and so while there is petty corruption, it is managed and keeps the wheels oiled and the personal aspect enables you to actually get things done without lawyers.  Oh, and there is plenty of corruption in the States too.  It's just on a grander scale.


#36    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,610 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostxFelix, on 19 May 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Thanks for making your IQ publicly visible.

<3
Like you have just done !

This is a Work in Progress!

#37    xFelix

xFelix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 May 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

I could live in the States if I wanted to, but I wouldn't like it.  Even visits are unpleasant for me.  It's not that the States are not a great country, and the people are generally wonderful, and it has some very beautiful places, but it isn't for me.  I think the biggest problem I have is all the little social rules that Vietnamese are relaxed about -- all the "pardon me" and "thank you" and keeping one's distance and not asking certain questions that just come naturally to a Vietnamese (like how much money do you make).  

Then there is the toilet paper and the toilets.  I like the Western style seat, but not the rest of the apparatus one bit.

And the shopping centers -- huge impersonal machines that just want to get you in, grind you up and spit you out sans money.  Ugly, generally dirty, crowded, noisy (announcements and loud music), stand-in-line affairs and miles to walk to get back to your car after walking miles in them.

I also like coconuts and longans and chinese radishes and guava and real bananas and  really fresh veggies and even fresher fish and seafood, and even temperate foods like apples and peaches that haven't been in controlled storage for six months and real tasty tomatoes and chicken, not chicken grease.

Then there is the difference in the government.  Basically, you have elections, and we have committee meetings.  The latter are  more personal, and you have personal cognizance of the people you deal with in government, and so while there is petty corruption, it is managed and keeps the wheels oiled and the personal aspect enables you to actually get things done without lawyers.  Oh, and there is plenty of corruption in the States too.  It's just on a grander scale.
Would you agree though, that those similarities are kind of shocking? I actually didn't think they had anything in common until someone told me to look into it..

See my personal view of Obama was: Lying jerk with a tie(or just a Politician)

As for your being more comfortable where you are, more power to you! Everyone says the grass is greener on the other side, but few people say I think my grass is just fine.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.


#38    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't get this socialism thing at all,he isn't even particularly left wing.


#39    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,254 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

They called Bush a fascist and not those on the other side of the political fence are having their turn at political hyperbole.


#40    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postdr no, on 27 May 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I don't get this socialism thing at all,he isn't even particularly left wing.

In the US socialism is generally viewed as being on par with Stalinism. So calling someone a socialist is actually calling them a pinko commie who wants to destroy 'merica! Basically hyperbole driven character assassination.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#41    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,254 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

If socialism is defined as having the government do things for us, such as deliver our mail and build our highways and educate our children and defend us against criminals and foreign invaders, then I suspect almost all Americans are socialists.


#42    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,429 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 19 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Surely the very fact that one can say such things about one's country's Leader and (even if it is being monitored by the Spooks, which is something that began long before the current President came to office), you are unlikely to find the Secret Police knocking at your door in raincoats to take one away to the cellars under Police Headquarters, rather suggests that Mr. Obama has not turned the country into a Police state.

I would like to suggest that there might be degrees of Policestateness, eh?

I think denying that there actually is a police state is somehow naive.  The only question is one of degree.


#43    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Unsuitable for large vehicles

  • Member
  • 24,807 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 27 May 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

I would like to suggest that there might be degrees of Policestateness, eh?

I think denying that there actually is a police state is somehow naive. The only question is one of degree.
Actually, yes, you're probably right. I think the difference is that "Democracies" do it by more subtle ways, they tell us that they're there for our own protection, and they're just here to help. And gradually introduce more & more laws that restrict what we can do.. for our own protection.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#44    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,659 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'm completely confused again.

How is this subject a "conspiracy theory" and not a political debate? Where is the conspiracy? Move it to the right forum!

Edit: Never mind, it got more 'conspiracy'.

Edited by Likely Guy, 28 May 2013 - 02:19 AM.


#45    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,659 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 19 May 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:


...Japan, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Switzerland and probably even Germany.

Canada and New Zealand come to mind. :)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users