Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cabo San Lucas ‘mystery fish’

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

That thing is UGLY!! lol It even has ridges above its eyes making it appear to have eyebrows that are "angry".

Mario Bañaga has fished Cabo San Lucas waters for 18 years, and some of his friends have even more experience. But Bañaga and his friends had never seen the type of denizen reeled in Thursday off the Baja California resort destination.

The “mystery fish,” caught aboard a skiff called Gloria, had a face like that of a bulldog.

It boasted an upturned face, as though it had run into a wall, and an enormous gaping mouth.

Full story

Edited by Kasey2601, 16 May 2013 - 01:37 PM.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    third_eye

third_eye

¤_Ě M ă Ġ î ń Ć Ř Ī ü Ş_ ¤

• 7,967 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Bañaga and his friends were not aware that these bottom-dwelling lie-in-wait predators, which are found at depths of 50 feet or more, are capable of delivering an electrical shock of about 50 volts—not enough to harm a human but a jolt nonetheless.

The wonders of nature never ceases to amaze me .... I wonder if we farm a number of this ... we can light up a home for free ....

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yes that thing is ugly but they way it looks isn't what will kill you, its venom will.

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

My first thought after seeing the second pic where the fish looks angry was... Grumpy Cat, meet Grumpy Fish! LOL

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users