Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Does believing Obama mean you are racist?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 16 May 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Getting in for a second term clearly shows that a high percentage of Americans still wanted him in there.  I guess he's doing some things right, after all he won!


Like what?

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#17    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Quote


etting in for a second term clearly shows that a high percentage of Americans still wanted him in there.  I guess he's doing some things right, after all he won!

or that the people are just that dumb :whistle:


#18    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Medford Oregon

  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostMerc14, on 16 May 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Reagan never got a pass.  He was immediately accused and held responsible.  The difference here is the MSM and people like you, who wouldn't hesitate to implicate any other president, mysteriously assume this one is telling the truth when he says he had no idea any of these things were going on.   You'd laugh at any other president and rightfully so but Barry gets a pass.  Hmmm.  Must be a reason. You folks love throwing the racism bomb around, it certainly flew like snow during the election yet here you are setting different rules for this  man and won't explain why.
How did he NOT get a pass? He said he knew, then he said he didn't, he was never held accountable either way. He sat before the Tower Commission and stated he did know, then later seemed to say he didn't and he "couldn't remember". I'm pretty sure that if that were the case with Obama you'd be wailing for his immediate impeachment. Again same point, it's not about the actions of the man, it's who he is and who (truthfully or otherwise) he is presumed to be. Take away the color issue, you and others like you think he is many things he has personally stated he is not. Reagan participated in a scandal and lied about it, but he's held up as a great President by those who admire him (strangely some of the same folks who despise Obama). SO who in fact has the rose colored glasses on?

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#19    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,971 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 17 May 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

or that the people are just that dumb :whistle:
Sadly, I think it goes beyond the low info types.   I'm afraid we have reached a tipping point where enough Americans want the handouts than want to be free.  If that IS the case then we are either doomed as a free nation OR it's time for a little REVOLUTION

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 17 May 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

How did he NOT get a pass? He said he knew, then he said he didn't, he was never held accountable either way. He sat before the Tower Commission and stated he did know, then later seemed to say he didn't and he "couldn't remember". I'm pretty sure that if that were the case with Obama you'd be wailing for his immediate impeachment. Again same point, it's not about the actions of the man, it's who he is and who (truthfully or otherwise) he is presumed to be. Take away the color issue, you and others like you think he is many things he has personally stated he is not. Reagan participated in a scandal and lied about it, but he's held up as a great President by those who admire him (strangely some of the same folks who despise Obama). SO who in fact has the rose colored glasses on?

BS, did you read is books?  I went through them lightly, they aren't really readable but he tells you exactly who he is, over and over again.  I don't care about color but apparently you guys do because you are giving this man a pass when you would go after anyone else, just as you did during Iran Contra.  Boy, you're a hater from way back if you are bringing IC up.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#21    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Paradise

  • Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostMerc14, on 16 May 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Reagan never got a pass.  He was immediately accused and held responsible.  The difference here is the MSM and people like you, who wouldn't hesitate to implicate any other president, mysteriously assume this one is telling the truth when he says he had no idea any of these things were going on.   You'd laugh at any other president and rightfully so but Barry gets a pass.  Hmmm.  Must be a reason. You folks love throwing the racism bomb around, it certainly flew like snow during the election yet here you are setting different rules for this  man and won't explain why.
Another of your statements:   How could a President be so completely ignorant and out of touch as to not have a clue any of this had been going on?

Here's Reagan's statement:



Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#22    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 17 May 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Here's Reagan's statement:



Reread the question. It isn't about what the person said, it is about your reaction to it. Regan was never given a pass, he was assumed guilty from day one. Obama is being given a pass and assumed innocent from day one. Why?  Do you and darkmoon think he should be treated lightly because he is incapable of doing the job and really is so stupid he missed everything?

Is this too hard for you and that other one, to understand or are you obfuscating to change the subject?

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#23    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Medford Oregon

  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostMerc14, on 17 May 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Reread the question. It isn't about what the person said, it is about your reaction to it. Regan was never given a pass, he was assumed guilty from day one. Obama is being given a pass and assumed innocent from day one. Why?  Do you and darkmoon think he should be treated lightly because he is incapable of doing the job and really is so stupid he missed everything?

Is this too hard for you and that other one, to understand or are you obfuscating to change the subject?
No one is obfuscating at all, we're bringing up that a scandal broke during the Reagan era, one he said he knew about, then said he "couldn't remember' and he's held as a hero to Conservatives, yet ANYTHING that Obama does or more to the point doesn't do is suspect and before anything happens at all he's already in the hole on believability by some because you think he is Muslim, he is a socialist, the Antichrist, you name it..That is why it's a double standard, if it is because he's black is that on you or me? Because it seems the Conservatives especially believed Reagan, he wasn't prosecuted, he wasn't impeached, and now he's seen as a great many as a Conservative to look up to.

Edited by darkmoonlady, 17 May 2013 - 12:57 AM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#24    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 17 May 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

No one is obfuscating at all, we're bringing up that a scandal broke during the Reagan era, one he said he knew about, then said he "couldn't remember' and he's held as a hero to Conservatives, yet ANYTHING that Obama does or more to the point doesn't do is suspect and before anything happens at all he's already in the hole on believability by some because you think he is Muslim, he is a socialist, the Antichrist, you name it..That is why it's a double standard, if it is because he's black is that on you or me? Because it seems the Conservatives especially believed Reagan, he wasn't prosecuted, he wasn't impeached, and now he's seen as a great many as a Conservative to look up to.

I'm married to a Muslim, well former Muslim, *snip*, so pulling the racist card won't work here.  Anyways, Obama was a Black Theology adherent for the last 25 years  so not sure how Muslim he is or was you old obfuscator you.  Thanks for not answering my original question but answering my second so quickly, you've proved my point I think.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Saru, 17 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.
Removed personal insult

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#25    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Medford Oregon

  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostMerc14, on 17 May 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

I'm married to a Muslim, well former Muslim, *snip*, so pulling the racist card won't work here.  Anyways, Obama was a Black Theology adherent for the last 25 years  so not sure how Muslim he is or was you old obfuscator you.  Thanks for not answering my original question but answering my second so quickly, you've proved my point I think.  :rolleyes:
I didn't say you personally believe that I said many people who do not like Obama believe that and think it is a negative part of the President even though he has stated again and again that he isn't. I also intentionally didn't bring up recent Conservative scandals because they mostly involve George W. Bush which many are tired of comparisons to Obama because they were back to back Presidents. I also do not name call which I'm pretty sure is against the rules of the forum. I'm putting forward examples, that you do not like them and resort to name calling say more about you than me. The fact remains that Republicans in recent history have been part of scandals but they were already assumed to be many things they weren't, people were upset at the scandal not the person. I don't think the same can be said for Obama.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#26    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dunwich USA

  • "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

I could have sworn during the first campaign we got to here how smart Obama is how he has the highest IQ of any president ever. why, it seemed so below this man he had to stoop to run for president. now here we are in his second term and he isn't bright enough to lie convincingly when asked a simple question. If they do impeach him I hope they send Joe "jimmy buffet" Biden home to. though he has shown some intelligence here of late as in distancing himself from the prez.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#27    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 17 May 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

I didn't say you personally believe that I said many people who do not like Obama believe that and think it is a negative part of the President even though he has stated again and again that he isn't. I also intentionally didn't bring up recent Conservative scandals because they mostly involve George W. Bush which many are tired of comparisons to Obama because they were back to back Presidents. I also do not name call which I'm pretty sure is against the rules of the forum. I'm putting forward examples, that you do not like them and resort to name calling say more about you than me. The fact remains that Republicans in recent history have been part of scandals but they were already assumed to be many things they weren't, people were upset at the scandal not the person. I don't think the same can be said for Obama.

You won't answer the original question and are trying to change the subject so I am done with you.  Post away but you don't rate a response, IMO, since you have an agenda.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#28    Almagest

Almagest

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined:16 Mar 2013

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

All I know is that if a president sold weapons to Iran in the post 9/11 world people would be demanding their head. I don't know why he is getting so much flak for Benghazi when it was Clinton's responsibility. There are plenty of other things to blame Obama for; Drone Strikes killing civilians, 'Fast and Furious', his role in supporting revolutionaries in the Arab Spring, failure to close Gitmo, generally being a big business stoolie like every other president.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#29    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 17 May 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

All I know is that if a president sold weapons to Iran in the post 9/11 world people would be demanding their head. I don't know why he is getting so much flak for Benghazi when it was Clinton's responsibility. There are plenty of other things to blame Obama for; Drone Strikes killing civilians, 'Fast and Furious', his role in supporting revolutionaries in the Arab Spring, failure to close Gitmo, generally being a big business stoolie like every other president.

Where was he for 7.5 hours?  Any other president would've been awakened and alerted that his embassy was under attack and at the least, called in his team but there is no record of the President of the US being involved at all in an attack on a US embassy. This is a first.  Clinton can't tell armed forces to retaliate, as they surely could've, only Obama can, yet he is completely off the record until when he woke up the next morning and headed to Vegas for a campaign rally.   Why?  Hilary had that 3AM campaign ad and I guess she called it because this a-hole wasn't there when the call came in and people died as did our reputation as a nation.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#30    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostMerc14, on 17 May 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:



You won't answer the original question and are trying to change the subject so I am done with you.  Post away but you don't rate a response, IMO, since you have an agenda.

And I have learned a new word !

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Obfuscation



Miss me?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users