Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Putin's Final Answer = Missiles to Syria

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,131 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostAlasBabylon, on 18 May 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Mobile, Alabama by any chance ?

How did you like the news stories about undetected Russian subs in the GOM ;)

http://newsroomameri..._incursion.html

Born and raised baby!!  :w00t: c

The GoM is a pretty big place.  Germans did a lot of business there in WWII.  It's actually like a large lake as far as our ships are concerned.  We don't see much naval deployment there - no need - nothing of value strategically.  Besides, the boys in the funny shaped building know WE can take care of our homes :) :tu: :gun:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#32    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postshrooma, on 18 May 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

no, I meant posting identical, meaningless posts on different threads, that bear no relation to the topic being discussed is a definite no-no.
your posts weren't 'similar', they were identical, word-for-word, link-for-link, and as for 'did I understand them', i'm an engineer, not a psychiatrist, so i'm not trained to understand delusions & psychoses.

Pity you are unable recognize and understand symbolism.

Symbols are an important part of what Jung called the "collective unconscious."

Many years ago there was a news article in Pravda about how Putin sometimes speaks in symbols.
The example given was a symbolic painting Putin gave Shevardnadze just before his "retirement"
from Georgian politics.

News stories... especially the offbeat kind... that come out of Putin's Russia may contain
intentional symbolic language.

#33    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

View Postand then, on 18 May 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Born and raised baby!!  :w00t: c

The GoM is a pretty big place.  Germans did a lot of business there in WWII.  It's actually like a large lake as far as our ships are concerned.  We don't see much naval deployment there - no need - nothing of value strategically.  Besides, the boys in the funny shaped building know WE can take care of our homes :) :tu: :gun:

"Nothing of value strategically" that a hurricane can't take out ??

Speaking of Germans...

Putin lived and worked in Germany and speaks perfect German.

His wife was born in "King's Mountain" which used to be Prussia.

She also speaks perfect German and taught German at Leningrad university.

One of their daughters was born in Germany and both attended the German school in Moscow.

It is said the Putin family speaks German at home.

No wonder when Putin first visited Germany as President, the German headlines welcomed,
"Putin, the German."

#34    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,131 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostAlasBabylon, on 18 May 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

"Nothing of value strategically" that a hurricane can't take out ??

Speaking of Germans...

Putin lived and worked in Germany and speaks perfect German.

His wife was born in "King's Mountain" which used to be Prussia.

She also speaks perfect German and taught German at Leningrad university.

One of their daughters was born in Germany and both attended the German school in Moscow.

It is said the Putin family speaks German at home.

No wonder when Putin first visited Germany as President, the German headlines welcomed,
"Putin, the German."

I said STRATEGIC value.  I was wrong on one count though.  Oil tankers.  That is strategic but it would not be easy for anyone to fart undetected during an active conflict.  When it comes to high tech subs, no one does it better than us.

#35    shrooma

shrooma

. . . hidin' in the trees with a picnic.....

• 3,788 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 May 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I've never understood how free will and God's plan are mutually exclusive.  

because if we're all working as part of god's plan, then our actions are pre-ordained, and free-will becomes impossible by definition!

If people raping and murdering for a few coins was an effective reason to disbelieve in God (and I'm sure in some peoples' minds they are) then religion would have already been ancient history.
.....as evinced by the steadily plummeting numbers of church-goers worldwide....?

“We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners. We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians."

-Halvard Lange-
Norwegian Prime Minister.

#36    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,715 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostAlasBabylon, on 17 May 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

You know what this means... it means the Israelis must act before
the Russian missile-defense system is delivered/activated in Syria.

That is... assuming it hasn't already been delivered/activated.

Catch-22 for the jews.

" Undeterred by pleas and warnings from Israel, Russia made clear on Thursday
that it will go ahead with its planned delivery of a highly sophisticated
air-defense system to Syria's President Bashar Assad. "

http://www.timesofis...ystem-to-assad/

Russia is very loathe to lose Syria, because of its strategic significance to russian naval shipping (basically the port of tartus allows maintenance/refitting without ships having to return to russia via the bosphorus) but these missiles won't make a lot of difference Syria wil be overun by rebel ground forces with or without outside help, and the missiles will then become some one else's property. They might be used to oppose an aliied no fly zone if imposed, but the americans are quite capable of knocking them out if that occurs.

Edited by Mr Walker, 19 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#37    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postand then, on 17 May 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

.  Putin is going to start a war I think.

So Israel makes the first strikes and you blame Putin.... Brilliant.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#38    shrooma

shrooma

. . . hidin' in the trees with a picnic.....

• 3,788 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostAlasBabylon, on 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Pity you are unable recognize and understand symbolism.
yup, that's me, raised in a pagan houshold and unable to understand symbolism.
*insert facepalm here*
of course I understand symbolism, and whil jungian archetypes maybe ok in dreams & hallucinations, I suffer neither when i'm awake and lucid.
seeing symbolism everywhere, and believing them to be the true basis of reality, instead of them being what they are, conceptual symbols, is a sign of a delusional mind.
freemason's don't rule the world.
putin isn't the devil incarnate.
god isn't going to punish israel.
seek help.

View Postand then, on 18 May 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

I'm familiar with the story and you seem nearly obsessed with it.
nearly..., rhymes with...., clearly.....

“We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners. We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians."

-Halvard Lange-
Norwegian Prime Minister.

#39    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

So Israel makes the first strikes and you blame Putin.... Brilliant.
Coffey is there ANY situation where Israel using military power that would seem acceptable to you?  Do you believe they should even exist as a country?

#40    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Coffey is there ANY situation where Israel using military power that would seem acceptable to you?  Do you believe they should even exist as a country?

Only in defense of their country/people. That means not attacking everyone else and causing trouble.

I believe they should never have been given Israel it was a stupid thing to do,all it has done is cause trouble. Why the hell did they want to be placed there in the middle of everyone they dislike. But as it exists now, then there is nothing anyone can do and it should  exist in a way. But not the way it does. It should not be a Jewish state anymore. It should be a free and peaceful country.

#41    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Only in defense of their country/people. That means not attacking everyone else and causing trouble.

I believe they should never have been given Israel it was a stupid thing to do,all it has done is cause trouble. Why the hell did they want to be placed there in the middle of everyone they dislike. But as it exists now, then there is nothing anyone can do and it should  exist in a way. But not the way it does. It should not be a Jewish state anymore. It should be a free and peaceful country.
Thank you for being honest.  I respect that immensely.  Now I say again, the problem with them living in a "free" country where every "refugee" from the original land gift by the mandate was afforded right to return for them AND all their offspring would be an Arab state.  You cannot accept that the Jews have a right to a Jewish state even though there are 22 states that have an Arab character where Jews are barely allowed to reside (if at all) yet this version of "Israel" that you advocate would be a state of Arab character where the Jews who built it and made it prosper would either be driven out or made to be second class citizens.  And you either do not care or you cannot see the injustice of that.  To say the least, I find such thinking unjust.  It is also impractical since those Jews are not the same type that Hitler cowed.  The lesson was learned and the world will someday come to truly understand they mean the phrase - "Never Again"

#42    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thank you for being honest.  I respect that immensely.  Now I say again, the problem with them living in a "free" country where every "refugee" from the original land gift by the mandate was afforded right to return for them AND all their offspring would be an Arab state.  You cannot accept that the Jews have a right to a Jewish state even though there are 22 states that have an Arab character where Jews are barely allowed to reside (if at all) yet this version of "Israel" that you advocate would be a state of Arab character where the Jews who built it and made it prosper would either be driven out or made to be second class citizens.  And you either do not care or you cannot see the injustice of that.  To say the least, I find such thinking unjust.  It is also impractical since those Jews are not the same type that Hitler cowed.  The lesson was learned and the world will someday come to truly understand they mean the phrase - "Never Again"

I don't think any country in the world should be purely based on a religion like Israel is, it's just going to cause trouble. It should be a free nation like what the US is supposed to be. Where they can live side by said. The fact you cannot even allow that says a lot.

What does Hitler have to do with the discussion? I'm talking about 2013 not the 1940's.

Why does it bother you about Arab Characters etc? Why do the Jews have to have a Jewish state? Why does it have to be smack bang int he middle of Arab states? Why do they have to torture and discriminate against Arabs? Maybe if the Zionist Jewish government had more respect for others there wouldn't be a problem.

Playing the Hitler card and the anti Semitic card is really low and I see you try to do it a lot along with a few others on here. It's often used to cover a very racist agenda.

#43    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,328 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Arn't Israelis come from Turkey?

#44    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I don't think any country in the world should be purely based on a religion like Israel is, it's just going to cause trouble. It should be a free nation like what the US is supposed to be. Where they can live side by said. The fact you cannot even allow that says a lot.

What does Hitler have to do with the discussion? I'm talking about 2013 not the 1940's.

Why does it bother you about Arab Characters etc? Why do the Jews have to have a Jewish state? Why does it have to be smack bang int he middle of Arab states? Why do they have to torture and discriminate against Arabs? Maybe if the Zionist Jewish government had more respect for others there wouldn't be a problem.

Playing the Hitler card and the anti Semitic card is really low and I see you try to do it a lot along with a few others on here. It's often used to cover a very racist agenda.
I will counter with Saudi Arabia - why are Jews not allowed.  Or how about MOST other Arab states?  Your argument doesn't hold water Coffey.  You rail against a single (1) state where Jews can have a home and not be kicked out by those who hate them.  A SINGLE, small piece of land.  And that is unacceptable to you and others.  Where is the justice of that?  Why must this people be pushed off of this piece of land they have prospered on for 6 decades?  My point at the end was to explain that the Nazi business has shaped the mentality and culture of an entire nation.  They were right nearly ENDED as a people and they have a great incentive to take the rest of the world with them if someone tries it again.  So use the Hitler thing on me as a club if you want but it doesn't change the reality of what these people believe or how they will react to being forcibly removed from land they feel as much a right to as any Palestinian.  That is just the reality of the situation.  The rest is just posturing.  Time and again the world has screamed for them to give concessions, give land...what have the Palestinians given?  If you are going to say they already lost their land then we have nothing more to discuss because that is simply another way of stating that Israel is illegitimate and has NO right to even exist.  That is a dangerous fantasy to indulge in.

#45    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 19 May 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Russia is very loathe to lose Syria, because of its strategic significance to russian naval shipping (basically the port of tartus allows maintenance/refitting without ships having to return to russia via the bosphorus) but these missiles won't make a lot of difference Syria wil be overun by rebel ground forces with or without outside help, and the missiles will then become some one else's property. They might be used to oppose an aliied no fly zone if imposed, but the americans are quite capable of knocking them out if that occurs.

Maybe Assad has a "Samson" option of his own...
and don't be so sure Obama will be the one to ride in on a white horse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users