Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Coronal Mass Ejection on May 17, 2013

sun cme sdo soho nasa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Coronal Mass Ejection on May 17, 2013

This video shows the coronal mass ejection (CME) that occurred on May 17, 2013 at 5:24 a.m. EDT. This is a combination of two satellite views, showing both the sun and its atmosphere, the corona. The center image shows the sun in UV light, as captured by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, or SDO. The red and larger blue area are further out in the sun's corona as seen by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, or SOHO. The CME appears and expands from the center left. The white dot on the far left is the planet Mars.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,060 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Let's see what the weekend brings. 1748 is pretty much earth faceing now. Let the good times roll.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users