Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

“Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker”

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,828 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

“Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker” Arrested in murder case
May 17, 2013

http://www.theprovin...0795/story.html

ELIZABETH, N.J. — Life on the run for the Internet sensation known as "Kai the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker" ended when he asked for a cup of coffee. A Starbucks employee was credited Friday with recognizing 24-year-old Caleb "Kai" McGillvary, wanted in the beating death of a man nearly three times his age.

The pair met amid the neon lights of New York City's Times Square over the weekend and went to the home of 73-year-old lawyer Joseph Galfy Jr., authorities say.

On Monday, Galfy was found beaten to death in his bedroom, wearing only his socks and underwear. McGillvary was arrested Thursday in Philadelphia and charged with his murder.

McGillvary was arraigned Friday. A court official said he has a U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement detainer for three arrests in Canada in recent years.

McGillvary gained a measure of fame in February after intervening in an attack on a California utility worker. In an interview viewed millions of times online, he described using a hatchet he was carrying to repeatedly hit a man who had struck a worker with his car, fending off a further attack.

His rambling, profanity-laced interview to a television station went viral, with one version viewed more than 3.9 million times on YouTube. McGillvary later appeared on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

continued...

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Wow.

#3    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,828 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

check this out:

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#4    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

I don't think I'd want Kai swinging a hatchet anywhere near me.....

#5    JasonPollock

JasonPollock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

It's hardly surprising given his (self alleged) circumstance - a homeless hitchhiker...

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,855 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

"He's Kai, and he's a gentle soul."

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users