Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lights of the world: Do you have one?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 19 May 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

More people are questioning authority in the world. More people seem to be more aware that the morons in power do not have everyones best interests at heart. like the 99% movement, or the banking crisis, or the Wars that are wages for the sake of oil, or the battle against internet piracy and copyright laws which people are realising have nothing to do with protecting artists and everything to do with protecting corporate interests.. There's a rising in the tempo of this beat, and although this frustration and anger still seems to have no direction I believe it won't be long before this energy is directed at those responsible for the ill-doings in the world.

Yup! 99% of artists make a good 90% of their buck from touring/appearances/sponsorship, many get very little out record deals. If they did, they wouldn't bother doing all the work they do :w00t:

Those who have "hope" for the world and a large following who just might be influenced, only end up dead...

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#17    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yup! 99% of artists make a good 90% of their buck from touring/appearances/sponsorship, many get very little out record deals. If they did, they wouldn't bother doing all the work they do :w00t:

Those who have "hope" for the world and a large following who just might be influenced, only end up dead...
Oh look it's the "what's the point in trying when you're only gonna fail" guy :P   I'm sure we can expect great things from him :tu: .

Seriously though, don't you have anything you feel hope for in life?  Just one thing?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#18    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 31 May 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Oh look it's the "what's the point in trying when you're only gonna fail" guy :P   I'm sure we can expect great things from him :tu: .

Seriously though, don't you have anything you feel hope for in life?  Just one thing?

Oh I have hope :w00t: just better not get famous and show it...I'll suffer the same fate as Diana, MJ, John Lennon...the list goes on :P

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#19    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,030 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Oh I have hope :w00t: just better not get famous and show it...I'll suffer the same fate as Diana, MJ, John Lennon...the list goes on :P
Nothing wrong with being a quiet achiever - it's the unsung heros that always make us tear up the most when we finally get to hear about them 50 years after the fact.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#20    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

The opposite of the greatest evil in the world are simple acts of kindness to those you know.

#21    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,400 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yep!
& that is a good example of the hope I see if the world, that fact that you see that and understand it is the hope I see.

The more people who realise this = the less power they have over us..
The more people who see the Illusion for what it is = exposing the puppet masters.
& once the puppet masters are exposed, their game is over.

It's that growing understanding of so called authorities that I see as hopeful.
People give them their power, and when people refuse to give it to them, they'll loose their authority.

#22    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postealdwita, on 18 May 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

"For economic reasons, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

Because of neoliberalism. So light of the world is completly new socio economical system or welfare state, because it works better then neoliberalism.

Edited by the L, 01 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#23    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I vote for renewable resources.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#24    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

TED Radio Hour on NPR had a wonderful piece by Steve Pinker entitled, "Is the World a Less Violent Place?" (the 11:36 minute segment can be found on this page)

He pointed out that yes, we are less violent, less tribalistic, with societies that have the mechanisms to resolve issues without violence.

The fact that our own authorities and governments are better able to resolve differences without violence is a light of the world.

One interesting statistic presented was that in the last century war produced 100 million deaths but that could have had 2 billion if we had the same tribal mindset of those in the past.

Violence is decreasing in our world.

#25    Jello

Jello

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

There are good things happening out there in the world. Funny how the masses aren't drawn to hearing good news in the papers. I'm sure eventually the world will become a better place for all soon enough. As human beings if we keep pushing ourselves toward disaster we're in for no hope.

Links rechts gradeaus du bist im Labyrinth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users