Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

13 000 old strange Earth satellite

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#31    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 20 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Sadly for me? I was being tongue in Cheek.

I apologize. Didnt notice your humor.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#32    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

But what if the 13,000 year old sat, dropped off some coins off the coast down under and they really were buying people to add to there Intergalitic menu > Just a brain fart !

This is a Work in Progress!

#33    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

To add to my previous posts about Tesla.

Tesla used alternating electricity at 50 Hz. Meaning that 50 times change direction in 1 second.
Since Siemens followers were in Europe and he had nervous break down and visions in Budapest he went in America to compete with Edison.
He was most famous for elctromotor. Hans Christian Ørsted noticed that electric energy creates magentic field so by ading magnet close it you can from  electric energy get physic movement. Also Michael Faraday discovered that from physic movement we can get electricity. Opposite from Ørsted. So that notation Tesla used for his motor.

Galileo Ferraris 1st discovered induction motor but Tesla didnt know about his invention and Tesla patented first.
Its interesting when we know that Marconi took his Nobel price for radio. Its easy to see that especialy when we know that Marconi used Tesla coil for radio. Scientician community later felt sorry for Tesla so they named messurment unit Tesla and gave him mountain on moon.

Tesla was genius. He talked about global communication network.
He discover Xrays before  Wilhelm Röntgen. He did experiment before Wilhelm. And after he patent it Tesla announced (after 2 months) all his documents about x rays with note that someone explain how he written so many things about x rays in only two months. Plus Tesla talked about x ray before Wilhelm.

Also Tesla discover electron before J. J. Thomson. Thompson even criticized Tesla for claiming such thing in one magazine. Tesla respond and Thompson create experiment and took Nobel prize from Tesla.

One interesting info I like about Tesla is his idea to use electricity in medicine. His friend Mark Twain had digistive problems. Tesla called Mark and cure him with very high frequency electricity. Mark said later that he was cured and doctor respond its placebo effect.

So your question was right Colonel, what Tesla didnt invented?

Edited by the L, 27 May 2013 - 07:44 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#34    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,090 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Did this not get posted yet? A quick breakdown of Tesla's genius (and why Edison is one of the biggest d-bag inventors of all time)

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#35    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 27 May 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Did this not get posted yet? A quick breakdown of Tesla's genius (and why Edison is one of the biggest d-bag inventors of all time)

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

About Edison its now well accepted fact. But few people knew about electron and x rays.
Also CIA took a lot of Tesla documents and rest is in Museum in Belgrade. In archive. Only 30 000 documents were checked. 130 000 not. :tu:

Edited by the L, 27 May 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#36    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postthe L, on 27 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

About Edison its now well accepted fact. But few people knew about electron and x rays.
Also CIA took a lot of Tesla documents and rest is in Museum in Belgrade. In archive. Only 30 000 documents were checked. 130 000 not. :tu:
Come on, L, let's go! B)

#37    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Come on, L, let's go! B)

I listen curator of museum. He said: Archive was done bad. There are many notes, pictures, drawings.
Personally, there are many young physicts, historians without job all over the world. I realy cant see why they dont examine those documents. Only logical thing I can remember is laziness.

edit: And humanity may suffer because of it. Especially when we know that there might be dynamic theory of gravity for which Tesla claim that Einstein was wrong.

Edited by the L, 27 May 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

THats priceless ! Einstein wrong on E=Mc2 ? Maybe Tesla was just mad at Einstein had a corner Room at the University and wanted a Grey sweater and suit like Albert also?

#39    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Don do you know that E=Mc2 isnt complete?

Also

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248511

also2: Science is self correcting.

Edited by the L, 28 May 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#40    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

View Postthe L, on 28 May 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Don do you know that E=Mc2 isnt complete?

What do you mean by it isn't complete? Its the low momentum approximation. Seems pretty complete to me.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#41    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

E=mc2 isnt complete forumla. It only describe objects of mass which are not moving. If object is not moving it holds and if objects dont have mass as light then E=pc. :innocent:

Edited by the L, 28 May 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#42    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

And in the real world everything is as it will be !

#43    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postthe L, on 28 May 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

E=mc2 isnt complete forumla. It only describe objects of mass which are not moving. If object is not moving it holds and if objects dont have mass as light then E=pc. :innocent:

Yes, E=mc2 is for a mass in rest. That is what it describes, how is that not complete? If you want an object in motion, it is described by  E2 = m2c4 + p2c2, where p is the relativistic momentum.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#44    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 28 May 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Yes, E=mc2 is for a mass in rest. That is what it describes, how is that not complete? If you want an object in motion, it is described by  E2 = m2c4 + p2c2, where p is the relativistic momentum.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Because in defenition is not. As I said in my previous post. What if object dont have mass?
But I put angel smiley as sign that me and physics are like heaven and earth.

#45    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

As luck would have it, this week's new Skeptoid episode is about the Black Knight Satellite.  Read the transcript or listen to the podcast at the following link:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4365

I had a lot of fun learning more about this story. I learned a lot of history and some astronomical facts I didn't know. I'm glad I took the trouble, because if I had simply accepted the story that there's an alien satellite orbiting the Earth, I'd be wrong and I wouldn't have learned anything new. Worse, I'd have made a logical error, in being forced to accept a whole galaxy of wrong assumptions in order to shoehorn an improbable alien satellite into my reality. Neither legend nor mere debunking lead anywhere useful; it's only by tracking down the true facts that we earn the real rewards.

Cool story.  I wasn't at all familiar with it.  But I have to agree with Mr. Dunning, if you simply accept these kinds of things at face value OR if you just dismiss (debunk) them without investigating them, then you really do miss out on a lot of cool stuff.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users