Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

S.E. Cupp vs. Michael Moore on Guns

gun control michael moore guns bill maher

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

S.E. Cupp vs. Michael Moore on Guns: ‘I Just Happen to Be Informed’

TheBlaze’s S.E. Cupp battled liberal filmmaker Michael Moore on the gun issue Friday, arguing against gun restrictions and schooling him on basic statistics on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

Cupp, contending with boos from the “Real Time” audience, said the problem with a gun registry is that “it treats law-abiding citizens as if they are guilty until proven innocent.

Taken from http://www.theblaze....to-be-informed/

Okay so what got me was Bill Maher's response:

Moore then said he wanted the Second Amendment altered to spell out the Founding Fathers’ intention: that it covers muskets.
Maher pointed out that he is a gun owner himself and would never give his guns up. He said he goes to the shooting range a few times a year, which Moore said wasn’t enough — he wouldn’t be effective against an intruder if he were just coming out of a deep sleep.

:clap: :clap:

That kinda shocked me, I always thought he was pretty much against the Second Amendment, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe Maher isn't as bad as I thought he was....

But I have to tell you, SE Cupp was right on!
I'd like to ask Michael Moore, "Well, why do you need 3 Big Macs and 3 large fries and two sodas?" :whistle:

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Also the same guy (Michael Moore) said this:

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

There was a time I was a fan of Michael Moore when he was making documentaries attacking us having GITMO but over the gun issue and that documentary he made about guns he has lost me.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostHilander, on 19 May 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

There was a time I was a fan of Michael Moore when he was making documentaries attacking us having GITMO but over the gun issue and that documentary he made about guns he has lost me.

I agree. I liked the one, "Capitalism: A Love Story". It was very good. But lately I have gotten really annoyed with him. Especially after him, first saying we should investigate psychiatric medications and what link they have to school shootings, and NOW he's blaming the guns!!

#5    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

The second amendment is an anachronism and should be abolished. That does not mean confiscation or outlaw. And Maher would agree with me (and has).

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Postninjadude, on 19 May 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

The second amendment is an anachronism and should be abolished. That does not mean confiscation or outlaw. And Maher would agree with me (and has).

While your at it, "abolishing" amendments, why don't you spit on the Constitution too.....

#7    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Check this video out of Alex Jones view on what was said:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=J4OnmjmSePI

I was mad at Mayer doing his little "impression" of southerners....what a bigot.... :no:

Edited by Kowalski, 20 May 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#8    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostKowalski, on 19 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

While your at it, "abolishing" amendments, why don't you spit on the Constitution too.....

Why? I have no desire to do so

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#9    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 3,233 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Postninjadude, on 21 May 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Why? I have no desire to do so
To even dream of abolishing any part of the constitution is equivalent to spitting on it. I'm liberal leaning but I'm also a Constitutionalist.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#10    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Postninjadude, on 19 May 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Oh yeah, I forgot you don't care about Rights. You can give up any of your rights you want, I'm not willing to give up ANY of mine.

You have the right not to own a gun, you just don't have the right not to have medical insurance.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#11    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 21 May 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

To even dream of abolishing any part of the constitution is equivalent to spitting on it. I'm liberal leaning but I'm also a Constitutionalist.

The amendments to the constitution are CHANGEABLE. The constitution provides this construct. Are you completely unaware of how the constitution works? It was not handed down as is from god. So no changing the constitution is very American and certainly not "spitting on it". It has been changed already many times.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostBama13, on 21 May 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Oh yeah, I forgot you don't care about Rights. You can give up any of your rights you want, I'm not willing to give up ANY of mine.

You have the right not to own a gun, you just don't have the right not to have medical insurance.

You really don't have the 2nd amendment right that you think you do. It's out of time.

And yes, I think you should have the right to health care. So did FDR.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users