Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

GOP: beyond obstruction to treason?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

On Friday night’s edition of “Real Time with Bill Maher,” host Bill Maher and guests filmmaker Michael Moore, commentator S. E. Cupp and New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin discussed the obstructionist Republican Congress and its mission to take down the president by taking down the country. Moore opined that the Republican Party is a “squealing dinosaur” whose time has come.

http://www.rawstory....ion-to-treason/

Sometimes I have to wonder if the republicans are trying to destroy this country.  I'm not a big fan of the democrats either and their gun control bid but I do have to wonder what the republicans are trying to do by blocking nominations for different posts so they can't get voted on in Congress.  Then you add that thing with the emails over what happened in Benghazi to it, what are they trying to accomplish.  I'm sure you have heard about that. Its hurting us as a country.  This is the 37th time they have tried to get Obamacare repealed.  But they don't bother with any of the bills that are intrusive on you constitutional rights.

I don't mind them blocking some of the laws some of the democrats want passed and I don't mind the democrats blocking some the of laws they want passed sometimes but it seem Washington has turned into tit for tat.  Let's destroy the other party even if It hurting us as a country.

#2    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,802 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

I personally think anything done to impede this President will only help the country.  He has done, and plans to do, far more harm than good.

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Obama wants to destroy this country. It's that simple. But I think Republicans and Democrats are both part of the same problem. They'd rather squabble about other petty things, yet pass bills that go against the Constitution and against our rights.

Check this thread out: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248057

Pentagon 'Rewrites Constitution' Affirming Endless War

Senate hearing on the Authorization for Use of Military Force confirms congressional war powers rendered 'null and void'

http://1.bp.blogspot... Difference.jpg

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,492 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostHilander, on 19 May 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Sometimes I have to wonder if the republicans are trying to destroy this country.  I'm not a big fan of the democrats either and their gun control bid but I do have to wonder what the republicans are trying to do by blocking nominations for different posts so they can't get voted on in Congress.  Then you add that thing with the emails over what happened in Benghazi to it, what are they trying to accomplish.  I'm sure you have heard about that. Its hurting us as a country.  This is the 37th time they have tried to get Obamacare repealed.  But they don't bother with any of the bills that are intrusive on you constitutional rights.

I don't mind them blocking some of the laws some of the democrats want passed and I don't mind the democrats blocking some the of laws they want passed sometimes but it seem Washington has turned into tit for tat.  Let's destroy the other party even if It hurting us as a country.

Hundreds of laws get passed a day. You would be suprised. Only a few issues end up on the media, some meat to keep the mass population busy.

On a side note your source is really biased , be sure you look at both sides of things.

Obmacare is a big issue because the goverment is now forceing citizens to buy insurance.

Edited by spartan max2, 19 May 2013 - 03:22 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostKowalski, on 19 May 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Obama wants to destroy this country. It's that simple. But I think Republicans and Democrats are both part of the same problem. They'd rather squabble about other petty things, yet pass bills that go against the Constitution and against our rights.

I'd say Obama and the rest else are simply doing the bidding of their corporate masters. "Wanting" to destroy the country implies a malice that I don't think is there. It's just cold hearted business. I tell people that if they want to see a big part of what's wrong with the country and the world, watch a documentary called The Corporation.

I agree about both sides being part of the same problem. I call them two sides of the same wooden nickel. Divide and conquer is one of the most basic strategies and it's being done to the masses. Distract and divide the people by telling them the other side is the problem, then they won't notice that both sides are advancing the same basic agenda. It's clearly working and has been for a long time.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,440 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Obama wants to fundamentally change America.  He is achieving this steadily.  Either he is a sinister agent or a fool to keep spending without end.  At some point not so long ago it became apparent even to the slowest among us that our debt CANNOT BE REPAID.  The economy will be restructured in some form of bankruptcy or it will collapse under the weight of these obligations.  There is no other choice.  Since modern politics has been built for decades on buying votes with OPM, once that money is dried up the politicians panic - THIS is what we are experiencing now.  I think it gets uglier and more shrill from here until the collapse.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

The Multi Purpose Donkey

• 24,217 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Obama wants to fundamentally change America.  He is achieving this steadily.  Either he is a sinister agent or a fool to keep spending without end.  At some point not so long ago it became apparent even to the slowest among us that our debt CANNOT BE REPAID.  The economy will be restructured in some form of bankruptcy or it will collapse under the weight of these obligations.  There is no other choice.  Since modern politics has been built for decades on buying votes with OPM, once that money is dried up the politicians panic - THIS is what we are experiencing now.  I think it gets uglier and more shrill from here until the collapse.
So voting for that other bloke, whatever his name was, would have somehow solved all the problems with the Economy? So the problems with the Economy are all because of the current President, and the former President and his administration had nothing to do with it in any way? Do you have any evidence to support this assertion that the other one would have had the faintest idea what to do either?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostKowalski, on 19 May 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

You made me look up these:

Posted Image

* Snip *

Posted Image

LOL

They are both financed by the same people, explains everything really.

I heard this the other day:

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue... Neither of them give a **** about you!

Thought you'd like it. lol

Edited by Tiggs, 19 May 2013 - 03:06 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

The Multi Purpose Donkey

• 24,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

So what evidence do people have to back up the assertion that Mr. Obama wants to Destroy America? Because you're opposed to some of the things he's proposed? Is that not, really, rather presumtpuous, to assume that you're the onyl ones who can see the Truth, and that those who do not agree with them want to destroy America? It seems rather as if there is an inability to understand that not every sees things the same way that they do, and that some people might consider that the way that things have been done, just because they've always been done that way, might not be relevant or appropriate now.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#10    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why would anyone living in your country want to destroy the country??!(In regards to the "Obama wants to destroy America" crowd)

Paranoid republican nonsense.

Good post Hilander.

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 19 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,756 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

So what evidence do people have to back up the assertion that Mr. Obama wants to Destroy America? Because you're opposed to some of the things he's proposed? Is that not, really, rather presumtpuous, to assume that you're the onyl ones who can see the Truth, and that those who do not agree with them want to destroy America? It seems rather as if there is an inability to understand that not every sees things the same way that they do, and that some people might consider that the way that things have been done, just because they've always been done that way, might not be relevant or appropriate now.

Its the whole unsustainable debt thing. Even the fed has said we will fall if we continue to spend at this rate. Yet try to make cuts even in the increases, and we get told its the end of the world. They have to tear down the old, in order to bring in the new. They want all economic power consolidated, one world government ect ect. It isnt a question of how you choose to see things. Its just the way it is.

Maybe when they take your pentions folks like yourself will start to wake up.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 19 May 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

I'd say Obama and the rest else are simply doing the bidding of their corporate masters. "Wanting" to destroy the country implies a malice that I don't think is there. It's just cold hearted business. I tell people that if they want to see a big part of what's wrong with the country and the world, watch a documentary called The Corporation.

I agree about both sides being part of the same problem. I call them two sides of the same wooden nickel. Divide and conquer is one of the most basic strategies and it's being done to the masses. Distract and divide the people by telling them the other side is the problem, then they won't notice that both sides are advancing the same basic agenda. It's clearly working and has been for a long time.

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out! I love documentaries....
Obama is a corporate stooge, but I honestly think he hates America. Whereas Bush was just an idiot, Obama knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Just my two cents....

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue... Neither of them give a **** about you!

:tu: That's a good one!

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 19 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Hundreds of laws get passed a day. You would be suprised. Only a few issues end up on the media, some meat to keep the mass population busy.

On a side note your source is really biased , be sure you look at both sides of things.

Obmacare is a big issue because the goverment is now forceing citizens to buy insurance.
I have looked at both sides of things and the republicans don't look any better than the democrats.  I think they are blocking the post nominations from getting voted on because they are waiting for a republican president to vote on them.  I think you need to look at both sides of things also.

#14    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

You made me look up these:

Posted Image

* Snip *

Posted Image

LOL

They are both financed by the same people, explains everything really.

I heard this the other day:

(had to hit 'like' & repost it before the mod's see it and whip it off!)
:-)

Edited by Tiggs, 19 May 2013 - 03:09 PM.
Because the best way to make mods happy is giving them twice as much work to do.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#15    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

The Multi Purpose Donkey

• 24,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 May 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Its the whole unsustainable debt thing. Even the fed has said we will fall if we continue to spend at this rate. Yet try to make cuts even in the increases, and we get told its the end of the world. They have to tear down the old, in order to bring in the new. They want all economic power consolidated, one world government ect ect. It isnt a question of how you choose to see things. Its just the way it is.

Maybe when they take your pentions folks like yourself will start to wake up.
I don't doubt any of that, but my point is was Mr. O entirely to blame for all this? Surely it started under the previous chap. And my question was, does anyone really think that Mr. Romney* would have the faintest idea of how to handle it any better, or whether he (since we know that the ones pulling the strings are all behind the scenes), would even have any power to do anything if he did have any idea?

* I remembered!

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users