Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The ancient astronaut theory

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,898 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image

Let's pretend we are the aliens .... :yes:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#17    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,913 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 24 May 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I didn't realize until a few months ago that Von Daniken was educated by the Jesuits--that is what he and I have in common.

He attended a boarding school in Switzerland, led by Jesuits, but he did not learn the AA crap there, he just made all that up.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,913 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostKafkaesque, on 26 May 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

I think this planet, in its long life, has been the host to various forms of life including dinosaurs and humans - perhaps even more life from this planet's ancient past is buried deeper in the ground, waiting for us to uncover it and expose its secrets. But, as for the Ancient Astronaut Theory - there are various cultures who reported, at one time or another, interacting with God-like figures.

Some 5,000 years ago ancient societies like Sumeria and Egypt had developed caste systems, often times with priests being at the top - for they were the mediums in which the people spoke with God. Pharohs were revered and their word taken as the word of God because they were supposedly relatives of the Gods...

We can imagine a lot more has happened on this planet if we only just started finding dinosaur bones in the western world in the 1800s..

As for ancient aliens? Who knows. Maybe we're a genetic experiment? Any thing is possible. I like to be skeptical but have an open mind.

No, not anything is possible. That;s nonsense.

We have had Dinosaur bones longer than that, where do you think Dragon Legends came from? The Greek Cyclops was a mammoth skull.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#19    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I do not understand why anyone has a problem with AA,s  after all of the evidence that we have that they left, why there are the advanced medicine's...... well maybe not medicine's but what about the advances in hygiene... well maybe not hygiene but what about the advances in farming & housing ...... well maybe not those, but we do know for a fact that the AA's traveled unimaginable distances thru space and possibly time to teach our ancestors how to stack rocks!  oh joy!

Edited by Karyotype, 05 June 2013 - 03:48 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#20    samus

samus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

But, as for the Ancient Astronaut Theory - there are various cultures who reported, at one time or another, interacting with God-like figures.

Ancient peoples thought that heaven was in the sky. When they looked above it was and still is in our day an immense beauty to behold. They thought that gods lived there in a house and ruled Earth from there. Now if you want to link that with Aliens that's up to you but in my opnion I think it has nothing to do with it. It was ancient and simple beliefs without the knowledge of science. They made their own mythologies and worships according to what the wise thought was true.

As for ancient aliens? Who knows. Maybe we're a genetic experiment? Any thing is possible. I like to be skeptical but have an open mind.

The claim that Human are genetic experiment is I think the weakest part of the Ancient Astronaut Theory.

We know for a fact that life is in constant evolution and has always been on Earth. Even an advanced Alien civilization had to evolved in order to be what they are. So, if life can evolve naturally on another Planet and produce an intelligent specie why couldn't it be the same on Earth? That's a flaw on their theory. I am not saying it's impossible to be a genetic experiment but there is no need to search for a wild explanation if you can find a simple and logical one that fits with the environment of our planet and the life on it.

Edited by sam_comm, 05 June 2013 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users