Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

British Astronaut to Fly to ISS

iss astronauts tim peake esa uksa

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,281 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

ESA astronaut Timothy Peake set for Space Station

www.esa.int said:

ESA’s Director General, Jean-Jacques Dordain, announced today that the ISS Multilateral Crew Operations Panel has decided on Friday, 17 May to accept his proposal to fly astronaut Timothy Peake to the International Space Station in 2015.

“When we recruited the six new ESA astronauts in May 2009, I made a promise to secure flight opportunities for all of them. Thanks to the decisions of the Member States at the Ministerial Council last November, we will be able to fulfil our commitment to fly all six newly selected astronauts before the end of 2017. The first three astronauts already had their missions assigned. Today I am very happy to announce the assignment of Timothy Peake for a mission to the International Space Station. The two remaining astronauts, Andreas Mogensen and Thomas Pesquet, will be assigned before mid-2015 for flights at the latest in 2017.”  

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

Also tagged with iss, astronauts, tim peake, esa, uksa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users