Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mermaids-The Body Found

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    DarkMattersSun

DarkMattersSun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi!

I've watched UM forums for a year or two now and the stories (factual, experiences and opinions) are amazing! So I think my first post will be about mermaids, I hope that its in the right category, I'm sure there has already been a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.

Until I saw the documentary 'The Body Found' I never gave mermaids a second thought, I took them with a pinch of salt, I always thought it would be cool for them to be real but even for me they seemed a little far fetched, but this documentary was an eye opener!

Given that one or two of 'actual footage' clips did seem a little unreal the whole theory of how mermaids could have evolved just absolutely blew my mind....

For those who haven't seen the documentary, a few scientists blow the lid on government activity which leads to the discovery of unknown 'voices' interacting with sea creatures such as dolphins and a body washing up on shore and the government keeping the body alive in secret (a retired government body confirms this) and shows a few clips of the creature alive in a tank and on the beach.

The theory of how mermaids would have come about is that millions of years ago, in our 'ape like' era not all of the beings on earth retreated inland.... a select few may have chosen to inhabit the water and over the years adapted to holding their breath for extended periods of time, hunting deep in the ocean, seeing clear as day under the water and finally adapting (over 6 million years) their body which of course means the fin.

Can anyone else buy this?

Another thing which stunned me was the capture of a shark, the shark was cut open and bone fragments were taken from it's stomach, the bones were sent off and one of the bones was named as a tail bone but whatever it belonged to once walked, the other bone fragment was said to be a blowhole, they say that we would have adapted to breathing underwater by having a blowhole... on our forehead!

The body found Pt 1.... Maybe the quality of the video isn't good but it is well worth the watch
* snip *

Edited by Saru, 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM.
Removed video due to copyright

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hi and welcome to Um.
Sorry to throw this at you, but on here many will do a bit of research of their own:

The NOAA have been forced to issue a statement saying there is no evidence that half-human, half-fish "humanoids" exist after they received several phone calls following a fictional Animal Planet documentary titled "Mermaids: The Body Found."
Daily Mail reports several viewers of the documentary mistook the fictional show for fact.

Read more: http://digitaljourna...9#ixzz2TrhOLUhq

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,946 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostDarkMattersSun, on 20 May 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hi!

I've watched UM forums for a year or two now and the stories (factual, experiences and opinions) are amazing! So I think my first post will be about mermaids, I hope that its in the right category, I'm sure there has already been a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.
Hi and welcome to UM.

The thread you're looking for is here -

http://www.unexplain...= mermaids&st=0

Posted Image

#4    DarkMattersSun

DarkMattersSun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well after seeing the documentary, and being pretty amazed I took it all for granted..... :P I'm pretty one sided on things.... ALWAYS believing the first thing I hear on a subject.

The link you showed freetoroam I took a look at it.....

the show was a "mix of state-of-the-art computer generated animation, historical fact, conspiracy theory and real and faked footage sprinkled with enough bits of scientific speculation and real science to make it seem plausible."

Read more: http://digitaljourna...9#ixzz2Trmg7ECm

How silly of me to take for granted a documentary! It did come with a disclaimer tho at the start so I can't say I wasn't warned!

But I can still say I can believe the theory of evolving underwater etc. It does sound plausible. But the things that really got me, which I WILL be looking up are the bone fragments in the shark and the unknown sound caught underwater, as for the footage, like I said in my first post it was just a tad far fetched!

Edited by DarkMattersSun, 20 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#5    DarkMattersSun

DarkMattersSun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 20 May 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Hi and welcome to UM.

The thread you're looking for is here -

http://www.unexplain...= mermaids&st=0

Thank you, this will keep me busy :)

#6    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Nowadays there are many shows on documentary channels that aren't actually documentaries. I would recommend staying away from Ancient Aliens. :D

Or any new show on The 'History' Channel.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#7    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Unfortunately, this documentary isn't really reliable as a source of facts. If anything, I would take it as entertainment with maybe a fact or two to spice it up.

But hey, the ocean is still a great mystery to us. I'm sure there's a creature or two waiting to be discovered by us. And there's many amazing things below the surface that are already discovered.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#8    shrooma

shrooma

. . . . Dazed & Confused . . . .

• 3,846 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

you might find this thread interesting too DMS-
http://www.unexplain...s.php?id=247003
it deals with aquatic evolution, so welcome, and get posting!!
:-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#9    The Big Boss

The Big Boss

Apparition

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

• Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

Polybius

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostDarkMattersSun, on 20 May 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Can anyone else buy this?
I've never been stuck out at sea for months on end.  So I really couldn't tell you if that manatee would start to look sexy or not.

Posted Image
A HAPPY MOMENT

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,205 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'd have loved for that "documentary" to feature commentary from someone like Walter Bishop, or Helen Magnus or UNIT Special Scientific Adviser John Smith.
Someone really believable like that.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,731 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Been gone through and discussed thoroughly here :

http://www.unexplain...pic=227867&st=0

It was not a documentary..It was fiction.....Read above link.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users