Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ed Dames and Remote Viewing

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

So I don't know if you guys have heard of Ed Dames before, but he is a remote viewer apparently worked for the CIA and US Army in remote viewing programs for many years. He has made a series of predictions about major disasters in the near future. Normally I would write someone like this off as a nut bag instantly but considering he has already made some correct predictions I'm wondering what others think about it.

He successfully predicted the largest solar flare ever witnessed in 2003, 2 weeks before it happened, as well as a crop fungus coming out of africa and destroying crops all over the world, which also came true. Finally his best prediction as far as I am concerned is his prediction that there would be a nuclear disaster in Japan.

This isn't a man who makes vague predictions that can be interpreted 10000 different ways, he literally states what is going to happen.

His next predictions are as followed.

North Korea Nukes South Korea, the thing is he predicted this back in 2006 when North Korean did not even have nuclear weapons. He said that it would be from anger and in retaliation of something the international community does.

After that he claims once the larger comet coming in winter of 2013 arrives things will start to get really bad and the "kill shot" event will happen wiping out huge portions of the worlds population.

so is it time to get scared?

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've been scared since my ex wife bought a .44 magnum. :w00t:

#3    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

guys im not looking for useless replies please stick to topic

#4    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Never heard of him, but love an "accurate" predictictionist. Going to look him up, I also like predictions that fail too.

#5    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,948 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think that you should get this thread moved to the proper forum. It'll probably get more traffic.

#6    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes. I have heard of him , even spoke with him  a  little bit on his forum.He's a funny guy.  I could tell you something  but , I don't want to repeat it.

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

You do realize that the military shut down the remote viewing programs because they were utter failures and wastes of money, right?

As far as his predictions go, he's been talking about the infamous "kill shot" for more than a decade now.  When's it going to happen Ed?  So now he's pinning it all to a comet that's going to pass by in winter 2013 - folks do know that comets "pass by" fairly regularly and while we're at it, define "pass by".

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

as well as a crop fungus coming out of africa and destroying crops all over the world, which also came true.

When did this happen? crop failures in Africa is no surprise! but when did I miss that the bit about the whole worlds crops being destroyed?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

Do some research on him. See how many misses he has. Count the times that he predicted kill shots that failed to come to fruition. Also, check out Russell Targ, who has a better record and reputation as a remote viewer.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#10    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Psychic Spy

• 1,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I like Russel. What about Ingo Swann? Russel was very interesting to listen to and watch , I felt him as someone more sincere than a few others.

#11    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostReann, on 22 May 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I like Russel. What about Ingo Swann? Russel was very interesting to listen to and watch , I felt him as someone more sincere than a few others.

His name came to mind. Charles Tart is a great source for parapsychology, by the way.

#12    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Psychic Spy

• 1,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thank you Detective Mystery . I haven't heard of him . I looked him up just then  and  listened to him on a video  for a few minutes. I see he mentions that he was a part of a study at one time that included him being the subject which he was given psychedelic drugs. I think that some of the remote viewers  have utilized psychedleic drugs at times from what I read in a  book/biography.
How do you feel about studies that  manipulate the chemistry of the brain to alter consciousness and perception?

#13    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostReann, on 23 May 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

How do you feel about studies that  manipulate the chemistry of the brain to alter consciousness and perception?

I have mixed feelings. Some of them demonstrate how individuals interpret and organize environmental stimuli, the cognitive processes that we use to determine what is or is not real. On the other hand, such studies may construct a false concept of reality in which claimed insight, into the nature of it, is nothing more than altered states that misinterpret reality. Say that the subject takes a certain mind-altering substance or that they engage in some practice that deprives them of their ordinary senses. Do their delusions and hallucinations enlighten them, enabling them to gain supercharged perception, or do they just serve as mirages convincing the perceivers that their chemical fantasies are objective laws of creation? I tend to take the latter view. I think that we gain the most worthwhile information when we are as aware as we can be, when our minds aren't clouded in some artificial fog of any conceivable kind. In most cases, the agents hurt more than help.

#14    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Psychic Spy

• 1,310 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 24 May 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I have mixed feelings. Some of them demonstrate how individuals interpret and organize environmental stimuli, the cognitive processes that we use to determine what is or is not real. On the other hand, such studies may construct a false concept of reality in which claimed insight, into the nature of it, is nothing more than altered states that misinterpret reality. Say that the subject takes a certain mind-altering substance or that they engage in some practice that deprives them of their ordinary senses. Do their delusions and hallucinations enlighten them, enabling them to gain supercharged perception, or do they just serve as mirages convincing the perceivers that their chemical fantasies are objective laws of creation? I tend to take the latter view. I think that we gain the most worthwhile information when we are as aware as we can be, when our minds aren't clouded in some artificial fog of any conceivable kind. In most cases, the agents hurt more than help.

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 24 May 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I feel the same about that. I don't think that altering the mind with drugs is really a good thing .Though maybe a well  trained person such as Dame or someone may be able to reach even higher states with some sort of assistance . It would have to be utilized in a controlled environment,  and not to just experiemnt how the mind reacts under the drug.But maybe by means of those experiemnts , they are able to advance  the  effects of remot vewers that were used by the military.. I don't think the military really cares spiritualy about the path of discovering self anfd the power of the mind in the way most of us do, i think they would manipulate it to get what they are trying to get by any means possible.

#15    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Do some actual research into the man. He has come up with nothing but utter nonsense for years on end.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users