Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

Visions, Insight, Pre&Post Cognition, Feeling

visions insight precognition esp

  • Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#1    Professor T

Professor T

    3 of 7

  • Member
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:between

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hi Folks..
A lot of us here meditate, dream, are energy aware, and or have & use methods to gain insight outside of normal sensory perceptions.
For example, when you meditate and place Ego aside or dismantle the boundary between Ego & inner self we often catch glimpses, visions, Hypnagogic Images or even clear auditory words that come from a source beyond our physical senses.. Often these Insights, pictures, visions call them what your will don't seem to make much sense at all and are either forgotten or dismissed, yet sometimes much greater meaning is given to these experiences later on as we realise some are prophetic or have a greater meaning.

Anyhow, What I've found is that when people come together and share these experiences be them visions, or just feelings that they have gained while the Ego is put aside, that we often gain a greater insight about the world, collective humanity, or events that are, have, or will shape the world we live in. When people share we start seeing correlations in experiences and can gain a greater view or bigger picture of the world at large. Individually we can learn a little, together we can learn a lot.

So, the Intention of this thread is the sharing & Discussion of Visions, Insight, Feelings, or Understanding gained outside of normal perception such as Dreams, visions, Energy changes, Meditations or gut intuition about anything & everything. This is not a Thread to discuss validity of methods. This is a thread to post what you see, experience, know or feel.. No interpretation is needed..  I am sure that given the fluidity of change, the more people who share what they see will equal a bigger picture of change, and perhaps a few surprises along the way..

Even posting something of a fleeting vision such as a place in the world, will take on a whole new meaning if others have shared it, and something significant happens there.

Edited to add. Is probably important to post the date of when you got the insight.

Edited by Professor T, 21 May 2013 - 02:24 AM.


#2    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    WE DO LOVE YOU

  • Member
  • 3,670 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Texas

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've had dreams that seem different, they are messages of hope for the world, how everyone has a gift and if they can only find it they can help others with that gift.

The only thing about my dreams and myself is that everyone can take part in it, not just those who place their ego aside, but everyone.

It seems those who claim to have placed their ego aside are also being egotistical?

Good luck with your path.


#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

There is no way I've found to put my ego aside when talking about my dreams; they are entirely egoistic; they are entirely about me.  I am always the central character watching and moving about within my dream world.  When there are others, they exist the same way others exist in my real world -- as objects of my dream senses.  Fortunately my dreams are always pleasant little things without much happening -- I'm sitting in a park or strolling in the woods or floating on a boat in a lake or something like that, and I see things and people and wave at them.

Meditation is a different thing; one focuses one's awareness and becomes mindful and hence very much unaware of self: it dissolves into process that one watches the flow of and perhaps just gets joy from this process or perhaps focuses to see something clearly.


#4    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    WE DO LOVE YOU

  • Member
  • 3,670 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Texas

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

I find flow, melting into everything, to feel as one with all, is still about you, very egotistical still.

Maybe this has more to do with Western vs Eastern approaches?


#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

No I understand what you say; the "I" is still sitting there staring at it.  It is just that one no longer pays it much attention (except when it decides to itch somewhere or other).


#6    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    WE DO LOVE YOU

  • Member
  • 3,670 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Texas

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

I feel unsatisfied, I suppose.

The times I have felt oneness, then being able to reflect afterward, it feels like I, "I", I was part of it all.

Somehow I want the opposite, instead of me being one with all, it would be instead if all were ine with me, sort of melting into collective consciousness forever, so there is no me left...

But what you said does make sense and ring true, for a moment there is no you, but that itch...that itch :/

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 21 May 2013 - 06:14 AM.


#7    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 21 May 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

It seems those who claim to have placed their ego aside are also being egotistical?

Good luck with your path.

No this is not what Proff T means by putting ego aside. Our perceptions of our experiences operate like a filter  and depending on what level our awareness is connected to or level of consciousness/mind we are perceiving at has a great influence on how we interpret our experiences, as well as the symbology and 'dictionary' available to our comprehension. When the ego consciousness is put aside or 'not running the show' it has nothing to do with being egotistical, or losing self identity for matter --- it's about accessing our other layers of consciousness which are not bound or controlled by the same annoying limitations that ego is.  The ego mind level of consciousness is limited because it is controlled by belief systems and societal programming which are not organic parts of our true sense of being,  soul or knowing, but  merely rules and dictations on how one is supposed to 'cosmetically be' or to appease, fit in and survive whatever said era of society.

The ego is yes very important to our well-fare and survival in this physical world, and no body is disputing that, but the ego concerns are primitive and survival related and self serving as a consequence.  This becomes a limiting 'operating system' for which to explore the non physical realms, dimensions and realities from. It is like using a windows 95 OP with a 56k dial up connection to try and download and process something of today in high definition. It simply gets over loaded and can-not-compute and crashes.  So for that we need to a faster operating system and universal or higher self connection and when ego is put aside this can come into the realms of possible to achieve. The barriers of the ego mind can be surpassed, the comprehension of our true innate soul knowledge can be accessed.   It's all an analogy of course.

Getting past the ego consciousness is akin to the analogy of getting past all the bloatware and malware on your computer and to the very inner innate stripped down version of self or the computers processes without all the 'junk programming' on it interfering. This is about reaching the higher sensory perceptions and awareness level of the higher self also known as the true self or inner self or soul level of consciousness.

The origins for this thread was discussed in another thread ( The Astral FAQs thread which is pinned above for more info ) it's here to collectively record those moments in dream, sleep,meditative, astral, projection states when our higher sensory perceptions and awareness are the filter or looking glass for the experience at hand rather than the every day to day ego mind level of consciousness.

It's an extension of what some have been working on in experimenting with and exploring the many layers and tiers of consciousness.

I hope this definition clears things up as to the aims of this thread. Thanks.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 21 May 2013 - 08:27 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I remain of the traditional Buddhist view that there is no such thing as "self" -- that it is an extremely powerful illusion generated in the main by our ability to use short-term memory to "look" at our mental states in the near-immediate past.


#9    Professor T

Professor T

    3 of 7

  • Member
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:between

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Blu3, that's a perfect analogy of that I was getting at with my example.

To everyone else,

Quote

the Intention of this thread is thesharing & Discussion of Visions, Insight, Feelings, or Understanding gained outside of normal perception such as Dreams, visions, Energy changes, Meditations or gut intuition about anything & everything. This is not a Thread to discuss validity of methods.



#10    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    WE DO LOVE YOU

  • Member
  • 3,670 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Texas

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 21 May 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

No this is not what Proff T means by putting ego aside. Our perceptions of our experiences operate like a filter  and depending on what level our awareness is connected to or level of consciousness/mind we are perceiving at has a great influence on how we interpret our experiences, as well as the symbology and 'dictionary' available to our comprehension. When the ego consciousness is put aside or 'not running the show' it has nothing to do with being egotistical, or losing self identity for matter --- it's about accessing our other layers of consciousness which are not bound or controlled by the same annoying limitations that ego is.  The ego mind level of consciousness is limited because it is controlled by belief systems and societal programming which are not organic parts of our true sense of being,  soul or knowing, but  merely rules and dictations on how one is supposed to 'cosmetically be' or to appease, fit in and survive whatever said era of society.

The ego is yes very important to our well-fare and survival in this physical world, and no body is disputing that, but the ego concerns are primitive and survival related and self serving as a consequence.  This becomes a limiting 'operating system' for which to explore the non physical realms, dimensions and realities from. It is like using a windows 95 OP with a 56k dial up connection to try and download and process something of today in high definition. It simply gets over loaded and can-not-compute and crashes.  So for that we need to a faster operating system and universal or higher self connection and when ego is put aside this can come into the realms of possible to achieve. The barriers of the ego mind can be surpassed, the comprehension of our true innate soul knowledge can be accessed.   It's all an analogy of course.

Getting past the ego consciousness is akin to the analogy of getting past all the bloatware and malware on your computer and to the very inner innate stripped down version of self or the computers processes without all the 'junk programming' on it interfering. This is about reaching the higher sensory perceptions and awareness level of the higher self also known as the true self or inner self or soul level of consciousness.

The origins for this thread was discussed in another thread ( The Astral FAQs thread which is pinned above for more info ) it's here to collectively record those moments in dream, sleep,meditative, astral, projection states when our higher sensory perceptions and awareness are the filter or looking glass for the experience at hand rather than the every day to day ego mind level of consciousness.

It's an extension of what some have been working on in experimenting with and exploring the many layers and tiers of consciousness.

I hope this definition clears things up as to the aims of this thread. Thanks.

This still sounds like categorizing some as superior to others.

I have had these experiences, messages, but defining them seems to be different for me, all can have these experiences, not just those with the "upgraded circuitry" leaving out those with "windows 95 on 56k dialup" (not my analogy).

It just seems some are framing these experiences as only happening to those who view the world a certain way and follow a specific path where they can all agree upon what is the definition of ego, aka exclusivity, instead of understanding all can partake, all can receive messages, aka universality.

The way the question is asked in the OP is leaving out many who have had experiences, glimpses, revelations, or whatever you want to call them. The Universe gives to who it chooses and not just those who follow a special path or route where predefined terms are agreed upon.

Of course this is a good idea, to gather and collect all these messages we receive. This same thing has been asked before on U-M so seeing it come up again proves it is a worthwhile effort. The way it is asked just seems a bit dogmatic and leaves some out.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM.


#11    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

No one is talking about such things at all. You're missing the whole point and no it does not exclude anyone. Everything you said there is completely azz backwards from the true intention and purpose for this.

If you perceive this to be all about special clubs and being above others or the 'chosen' few on special paths, then you are completely misunderstanding this entire thing and the intentions / experiences of the people wanting to do this,  and that is all i can tell you. Take it or leave it.

P.S -- this post is responding to a post that leave britney alone has since edited and removed certain parts out, that i happen to address in this post.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 21 May 2013 - 03:10 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#12    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    WE DO LOVE YOU

  • Member
  • 3,670 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Texas

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 21 May 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

No one is talking about such things at all. You're missing the whole point and no it does not exclude anyone. Everything you said there is completely azz backwards from the true intention and purpose for this.

If you perceive this to be all about special clubs and being above others or the 'chosen' few on special paths, then you are completely misunderstanding this entire thing and the intentions / experiences of the people wanting to do this,  and that is all i can tell you. Take it or leave it.

Very enlightened.

Just disagreeing with the view that some are on "using a windows 95 OP with a 56k dial up connection" and can therefore not participate.

All can participate. And if you now say "it does not exclude anyone" then we can agree on that.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 21 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.


#13    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Very enlightened. Just disagreeing with the view that some are on "using a windows 95 OP with a 56k dial up connection" and can therefore not participate.

Callous? where do you get that from. May I remind you that it is not cool to name call on these forums.

That part is an analogy to explain something - not a rule for who can participate and who can't.  read it again as you are clearly misunderstanding something.  ANYONE has the potential to  go beyond ego and no one, including myself is saying anything about the kind of elitism you are trying to attach this.

Now if you don't mind please stop this, as this is interrupting the thread.

ETA again my response to this post was to the original post, which has been edited since.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 21 May 2013 - 03:11 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Seeker79

  • Member
  • 12,938 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Non of it has anything to do with elitism. It's about choice. You choose your operating system. Some operating systems just have a steeper learning curve. It's still a choice.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    dreamgoddess2011

dreamgoddess2011

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined:26 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NY

  • There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
    Dalai Lama

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

As a beginner in meditation i needed something simple. I had the urge to try a simple "counting meditation" I read about to release the stressors of the day. I focused on Breathing and visualized numbers.  As I did it and became relaxed; the numbers faded and the scenery changed. I was on sand looking out into cold blue still water. There was a hazy fog In the air. The colors were muted blue and grey.  I did not feel frightened. But rather felt stillness, silence & calm. Out in the distant water I witnessed a being appear thru the fog and move towards me smoothly. As if he was gliding not walking. As this figure got closer I notice it was wearing a white hooded robe. He reached me and stood to my right. I did not see a face. I simply thought to ask their name and I recieved it  in my mind. I asked if he was my guide and before the thought could finish he responded "Yes". I got seriously excited and lost focus. Back to reality. :-( darn


1-2-3-4 Meditation
Breathing in- visualize 1 moving towards you & as it does it  gets  bigger.
Breathing out - gently push it away and let it fade to be replaced with the next #.
I did this up to 4 & then repeated the sequence.



There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama





Also tagged with visions, insight, precognition, esp



Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Bad Dream

By White Crane Feather in Seeker's truths, on 26 August 2013 - 02:26 PM


It's funny how as we get older and what scares us changes when we have nightmares. As a kid I might have dreamed of monsters and such. But I'm up early because I have just had a nightmare about loosing my kids...

Read Full Entry →
Photo

Never a dull night

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 31 July 2013 - 02:55 PM


Early this morning roughly 3 am. I heard a large shattering noise. Like class but a computerized quality and echo. It awoke my mind. I reach over to wake my wife thinking the noise might have been real. As I reached I knew something was off. It wasn't my real hand. My real arm and hand was wrapped around my midsection.

Hmmmm sleep paralysis, and a...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users