Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Who prays for Satan?

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#61    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

The flood was not to destroy evil.  It was the earth's baptism.  During baptism your past is washed away and you become a new you.  Before christ, the need for a baptism was needed everytime you went to church.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#62    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

If god really didn't want them to eat the fruit.  He would not have put it in the garden.  
Why not? Adam and Ever were not the only creatures and beings in that Garden.

Peace.

(Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

#63    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

The flood was not to destroy evil.  It was the earth's baptism.  During baptism your past is washed away and you become a new you.  Before christ, the need for a baptism was needed everytime you went to church.

25000 posts! Is that the record? Well done!

I'm not going to get into the flood or its purpose at this time however evil is mentioned in that story..

Post edit: I might point out that a few moments earlier The Lord was  well pleased with what he had made yet now is destroying a large part of it.. Something happened.

And in reference to " let there be light" this was the creation of the physical world, the Big Bang , positive and negative (male and female, yin/yang) energy that existed but formless in a void until the swirling (as shown in the yin/yang symbol) and BANG! Universe then Life..the nature of this energy in a spiritual sense might show how even bigger things are made before the physical universe existed..however that energy was not good and evil but harmonious, this is why I called some of Dualism concepts out.

As nice as I-Ching book of changes is it rejects the notion of a God capable of emotion or love but looks at things as energy , .sorry to the Chinese here if you find that point  insulting to your classic.

Edited by Irrelevant, 22 May 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#64    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostIrrelevant, on 22 May 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

I'm not going to get into the flood or its purpose at this time however evil is mentioned in that story..
I believe the flood as a symbol of baptism is part of the Mormon doctrine. You're also right about the evil element; I connect with the Nephilim story because apparently, it will happen again, and this element is a major part of the Jesus narrative.

Peace.

(Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

#65    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,254 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

I have wondered although I am not a believer myself, that God could not exist without the Devil. Light needs dark and every action has an opposite and equal reaction. If such a being as a god light exists a darker opposite counterpart would have to exist as well. Praying for Satan I guess would never change what he fundamentally exists to be which is the opposite of good. Then again we wouldn't want him good or the whole belief structure would collapse. Again I don't really believe any of it but from a what if perspective who knows they (god and Satan) work that way.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#66    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,655 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 21 May 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

You assume everything is in the bible?

It's just logic found anywhere: darkness dissolves in the light.
You are using Biblical characters, and no a few times Satan appears before God he doesn't dissolve.

#67    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,655 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostIrrelevant, on 22 May 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

All of creation groans in agony because of what occurred with Satan, then Eve, then Adam..the first holy family yes but not the first humans, rather the first to become spiritually Aware, how long did it take to get humans.
Make it up like you've done thus far.

#68    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 21 May 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Great question . . . I am not a Satanist, but I am a Luciferian (there is a difference, another thread LOL)

It WILL be YOU who Prays to Satan!
As Anton LaVey said in the Bible . . . “Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!”

But Siriusly folks . . .

Satan is a personification of the Judaic word ha-satan meaning Adversary. Ha satan did not become Satan until much later when Jewish sects / tribes particularly the Essenes began referring to anyone who was not an Essene as ha satan. Still further on, the Roman Christian Church decided it was time to personify "the adversary" into Satan (complete with Pagan Pan horns and tail, colored Egyptian Set red, and all that jazz) and have him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.

The Adversary is a trans-cultural archetype which existed long before Christianity began in the form of Set, Samael, Ahriman, Loki, Pan and the feminine aspect being Lilith, to name but a few. Psychologically speaking, the Adversary is our Shadow Self, that which opposes and challenges you, when confronted by it, one either becomes consumed by it or one becomes stronger because of it,  this be the "Old Enemy" as literary scholar Neil Forsyth coined!!

Don't mistake Satan as only the anti-Christian boogeyman created by the Judeo-Christian world. He is much more than that Abrahamic name, Satan has always existed, only under other names and guises, Satan is a powerful and primordial archetype of man's psyche.

This archetype is the reflection of how we perceive ourselves in relation to what we call the "others". Satan is the negative definition of what we believe is human. He is a social and cultural phenomenon and as old as humanity itself. There has always and will always, be essentially two worldviews consisting of oppositions and they are "Us & Them".

Sumerian and Akkadian tablets concur this worldview from the earliest known writings, the ancient Egyptian word for an Egyptian meant "human", the Greek word for non-Greeks was "barbaroi". The Jewish Essenes called non-Essenes "ha satan" (adversary), Zoroastrianism set forth the dualistic "good" (what we believe in) and "evil" (what they believe in).

"A society does not simply discover its others, it fabricates them, by selecting, isolating, and emphasizing as aspect of another people's life, and making it symbolize their difference" - William Scott Green (Professor of the history of religion - ancient Judaism, biblical studies, and the theory of religion).

So, who is this Satan? He is who you are not!!
Very nice analysis.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#69    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 22 May 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

I believe the flood as a symbol of baptism is part of the Mormon doctrine. You're also right about the evil element; I connect with the Nephilim story because apparently, it will happen again, and this element is a major part of the Jesus narrative.

Peace.

The next one will be baptism of fire.  This corrolates with receiving the holly ghost.  And yes these are mormon teachings.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#70    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 22 May 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Make it up like you've done thus far.

That's a line your obviously not familiar with..all of creation groans in travail ??? Google it if you must, it's a reference to many things your not aware off.

Edited by Irrelevant, 22 May 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#71    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Irrlavent.

The statement let there be light does support the big bang theory.  The statement and god movedupon the face of   earth and it was without form, is referencing the nebula that formed the solar system.

#72    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

The next one will be baptism of fire.  This corrolates with receiving the holly ghost.  And yes these are mormon teachings.

The next one baptises the Flesh..Jesus baptised in the spirit.

#73    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Mormon teachings.  Satan is gods first born.  

After god created the earth, he asked for a plan to bring his children home.  Satan said,"I will force them to be good.  Let the glory be mine.  

Christ stepped up and said, "let them decide for themselves and let the glory be yours.

God said,"none shall have my glory but myself.  He then turned to christ and said if we go with your plan there will be a need for a sacrifice to bring my childern home.  Christ vollentered to be that sacrifice.

Satan rebeled and a third of the host of heaven followed him and they were cast out.

(I used christ as a name, because I forget which angel he is.  Micheal or gabreal, one is hrist the other is adam.  Sorry about the misspells).

#74    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Irrlavent.

The statement let there be light does support the big bang theory.  The statement and god movedupon the face of   earth and it was without form, is referencing the nebula that formed the solar system.

There basically the same thing except the bang (universe) came before the nebular (solar system).

Either way you prefer to look positive and negative energy rotated around in a spiral/swirl and these swirls are hidden all through creation from on our finger prints to the inside of trees right down to a atomic level..this is harmony and shows a highly structured creation rather than a random event. It is a reflection of positive and negative/yinYang/male and Female in harmony. Behind this physical energy is a invisible energy, energy removed from space or time, this has been shown by the God Particle or Higgs Field.

There's many ways you can visualise positive and negative, one way is a tornado, a galaxy, earth and its moon, atoms nucleus with electron, but my preferred is a beautiful old married couple dancing together in love..perhaps another way is how birds dance around each other..True Love is beautiful to watch.

#75    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,685 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 22 May 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Why not? Adam and Ever were not the only creatures and beings in that Garden.

Peace.
ut, it seems that it would only give them god like powers knowing good from evil.  The other animals wouldn't have been affected.  But everyone forgets there were two choices.  The fruit of knowledge and the fruit of eternal life.  Man choose knowledge  over immortality.  It seems only the fruit of knowledge gave god like powers.  Immortality didn't give god like power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users