Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

British big cat sightings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Poltergeist

• 2,669 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

http://www.guardian....s-mass-hysteria

I highly recommend anyone with an interest in this subject to give this a read, basically debunks the notion of big cats in the British countryside in a very straight forward manner :cat:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#2    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I totally agree, however I had an experience that just couldn't be explained some time back.  I posted it on this forum, it was followed up by a mass sighting.  It was the reason I joined the forum.

I know what happened to my partner, I and my dogs that night.  We were stalked, it was not another dog.  It was black, the size of a large dog.  My two large Boxer dogs would run and see any other dog or group of dogs day or night.  They were terrified, stuck close by us and were physically shaking.  

I was brought up with all kinds of dogs and worked in my parents kennels from the age of about 7.  This thing that stalked us was not another dog.

A few days later the farmer and some farm hands had a daylight sighting of a large black cat stalking their sheep.  They got to within 30 feet of it in their Land Rover initially they thought it was a dog until they closed in.  The farmer refused to report it and asked us not to tell anyone.  He was concerned that the press and big cat investigators start trampling threw the fields on lookout which is potentially far more damaging to the livestock than a cat.

I accept people will think it was a dog, fox etc.  If people think I am mistaken or lieing that is fine with me.  But I know what I saw and witnessd.

Edited by skookum, 22 May 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

#3    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

We have the same thing in Australia. The Victorian government even did an assessment on the subject. Their conclusion was that they're most likely large feral cats.

But a few things did stand out like certain predatory attacks on animals that couldn't be explained and the fact that all the footage of the supposed 'big cats' were fully black, it's unlikely feral cats would be one solid colour.

But yes they're most likely just large feral cats.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.dpi.vic.g...ion-of-big-cats

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users