Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where Do Thoughts Occur?

thoughts body brain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,760 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

We think big. We think out loud. We think outside the box. We think on our feet. But what we don’t do is think entirely inside our heads. Thoughts aren’t confined to our brains — they course through a network that expands to our bodies, perhaps eliminating, at times, the need for complex thought.

http://discovermagaz...ur#.UZ0ZrNhCodU

Posted Image

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,945 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Where do thoughts occur?
Usually when you're in bed.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,055 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

On the kazhi usually.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,699 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not in some of the threads around here.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

I've heard that the stomach is sometimes called the second brain (I think due to Gray brain matter around it),  I think we imagine most of our thoughts are in our head as its were our two strongest senses dwell, hearing and sight. I've heard that the heart also has brain matter round it as well. I still think most of our thinking is done in the brain, just not all of it

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#6    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

According to one article I've read:

The Heart can also think. It has an electro-magnetic field 10x greater than the one of the brain. The heart has neurons like the brain and when two neurons communicate it causes something called a "Neural synapse", this is when thought happens.

It looks like a spider web with dots. The dots being the neurons itself and the strings being where the electromagnetic energy flows.

Posted Image

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#7    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,547 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Where do thoughts occur?
IMO, wherever our attention is lead or directed.

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,337 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Not much of an article. They did explain why they are thinking along those lines.   I think to understand how the brain thinks you need to understand what it does when parts of it go wrong.  I know many people who have cognitive issues from damage from Multiple Sclerosis. A lot depends on what part is effected as to what kind of thinking impairment occurs.  My thinking is still pretty good but it is slower than it was. I have had personality changes. My brain and spine has electrical shorts from the covering on my neurons being damaged. Sometimes the wires kind of get crossed. I know a guy who was a computer programmer who can barely use phone now, much less write a program. You use sensory input to make sense of your surroundings, but your brain is what does the thinking.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

Also tagged with thoughts, body, brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users