Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World on track to run out of drinkable water

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

I kind of thought that is what we were already drinking...

Unless you get your water from here http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248005
Processed sewage water gets put in rivers and goes downstreaam to the next town that cleans it up, sends it to the customers who create sewage which gets treated, put in a river treated downstream........

Maybe we can start exporting purified drinking water to the rest of the world and charge them the same rates as oil for gasoline.

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 23 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

I kind of thought that is what we were already drinking...

Unless you get your water from here http://www.unexplain...howtopic=248005

View PostlibstaK, on 23 May 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Actually, it would just be water and the process of purification is not so different from what you currently experience, unless you believe the fishes in the rivers don't have bowel movements or that land invested with the leavings of all our native fauna has never found it's way into any waterways :whistle:
I get my water from a deep well.  Never drink out of the river or creek.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,673 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostHilander, on 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Who's a lucky girl then?  That must be some sweet tasting water.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostHilander, on 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Nice to know :)

Not sure why you quoted me though...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#20    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 23 May 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

I can drink out of the river that runs in front of my house, it drains one of the deepest lakes in the world (Quesnel Lake). I almost feel guilty :( ...almost!

I'm coming to live with you then when we run out :)

#21    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Processed sewage water gets put in rivers and goes downstreaam to the next town that cleans it up, sends it to the customers who create sewage which gets treated, put in a river treated downstream........

Maybe we can start exporting purified drinking water to the rest of the world and charge them the same rates as oil for gasoline.

That reminds me of a story I once heard... Not sure if it s was a conspiracy theory or just a snippet from a conversation. Either way the gist of it was that the Channel Tunnels 'real' purpose was to serve as a giant water pipe so the dryer southern regions could steal all our water... :yes:

If we do gown down the route you suggest we have got to get Del Boy and Rodney to run the operation. ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Who's a lucky girl then?  That must be some sweet tasting water.
It is, I'm so use to it I can't stand treated water.  The bad thing about it is the hard water build up on your tub, faucets and dish washer.  Guess there is a down side to everything.

#23    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 23 May 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Nice to know :)

Not sure why you quoted me though...
Because I said raw sewage would be so gross and you said you thought that was what were already drinking.

#24    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

One of the cities near where I live has started recycling and using sewer water for drinking.  It isn't something in the future.  Yet, many towns, mine included, sell a lot of their drinking water supply to the Poland Springs subsidiary of Nestle, Inc.  I have complained that they were going to drain Maine dry if people didn't start saying no, but nobody listened.  I would much rather have water from the town than drink recycled sewer water.  Corporate greed knows no bounds.  The town sells our water out from under us, so we can go into the grocer's and buy it back in nifty little bottles.

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostHilander, on 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Because I said raw sewage would be so gross and you said you thought that was what were already drinking.

Ooops :blush:

Sorry Hilander, look at me calling it on then pleading ignorance. I think I lost track because you quoted myself and Lib at the same time.

It is nice you have access to such a supply, but to a certain extent all water is recycled, yours is on a very very long cycle though, I think its the thought of raw sewage rather than the actually cleanliness of the source that would put you off.

I have drunk stream water myself in Cumbria as a kid, it was nice but not something I would do today. If I was to drink naturally sourced water I would be tempted to 'clean' it myself before drinking.

Hope you can forgive me for my ignorant response. :)

#26    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 23 May 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Ooops :blush:

Sorry Hilander, look at me calling it on then pleading ignorance. I think I lost track because you quoted myself and Lib at the same time.

It is nice you have access to such a supply, but to a certain extent all water is recycled, yours is on a very very long cycle though, I think its the thought of raw sewage rather than the actually cleanliness of the source that would put you off.

I have drunk stream water myself in Cumbria as a kid, it was nice but not something I would do today. If I was to drink naturally sourced water I would be tempted to 'clean' it myself before drinking.

Hope you can forgive me for my ignorant response. :)
Your response wasn't ignorant.  I have brain farts too, no big deal.  Actually you had me wondering why I quoted you.

I wouldn't drink out of any of the rivers or creeks around here even though I have seen people drink out of the creek here on my property.  I told them that might not be wise, cows do drink out of it upstream and probably do other things in it.lol

Edited by Hilander, 23 May 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#27    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with nestle by any chance.... lol Saying they want to own water. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#28    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostHilander, on 23 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Your response wasn't ignorant.  I have brain farts too, no big deal.  Actually you had me wondering why I quoted you.

I wouldn't drink out of any of the rivers or creeks around here even though I have seen people drink out of the creek here on my property.  I told them that might not be wise, cows do drink out of it upstream and probably do other things in it.lol

I would guess cows are a lot more hardy in the stomach(s) department than us. I would love to live near a natural and consumable water supply. My taps are just not the same...  :cry:

#29    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hey everyone, welcome to Finland. We're the country of a thousand lakes, a great source of widely and readily available freshwater that's not really going anywhere right now. Remember to bring:

A) A national conflict that'll allow you to come here to "help" us sort out that conflict of ours. I recommend oppression of the blue-collars, societal class division or just an overall economy crisis.
B) An army of yours to shoot a lot of us indigenous population.
C) A big corporation or few to rebuild our houses afterwards and "buy" a lot of our water.
D) Supply the medias with promotional videos of your war effort and bring them to the public and promote yourself as a strong leader.

I can already see this happening if there'll be a water shortage.

On a more serious note (I was serious with that too, but gonna be more serious now), there's ways through which the populations of more dry countries could boost their clean water harnessing capabilities, Bill Mollison presented a few in his book (black one, about Permaculture). Permaculture and sustained farming know quite a few...

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#30    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,841 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

drinkable FREE  water anyway?    I can see a day coming where all water will be SOLD   and even private wells will be  'taxed"    to aid in building the perception that water is too valuable , (and too expensive to maintain or some such talking point)  to be available for Free !

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users