Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World on track to run out of drinkable water

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

took a while to dig at the verified sources .... Utah has reversed it last year or so check your local laws to see if it applies still in your state :

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water
Monday, July 26, 2010

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2Ushvj9ho

(NaturalNews) Many of the freedoms we enjoy here in the U.S. are quickly eroding as the nation transforms from the land of the free into the land of the enslaved, but what I'm about to share with you takes the assault on our freedoms to a whole new level. You may not be aware of this, but many Western states, including Utah, Washington and Colorado, have long outlawed individuals from collecting rainwater on their own properties because, according to officials, that rain belongs to someone else.

As bizarre as it sounds, laws restricting property owners from "diverting" water that falls on their own homes and land have been on the books for quite some time in many Western states. Only recently, as droughts and renewed interest in water conservation methods have become more common, have individuals and business owners started butting heads with law enforcement over the practice of collecting rainwater for personal use.

link

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#62    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

like i said earlier.. we won't run out of drinkable water..  we will soon  'run out'  of  FREE  drinkable water?    .. then what happens?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#63    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

They were talking about taxing us on our wells.  We dug the well and pay for the pump and electric.  Just another stupid reason to tax people.

#64    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Same here Hillander,   I payed to get the well installed,  and  dug the well pit and water line by hand  , i got sweat equity .  lol
I don't quite understand why i should be taxed  for my water system on my land ...   but ya, it's coming .   Water will become a  'public'  resource and there will be state and maybe federal 'taxes' on it,   but worse will be the corporate control and SALE of water sources.     I can just smell the 'privatization' of distribution coming.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#65    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

I can see the corporations talking control of it and taking it away from the people that own the land and the government will let them.  If they do I want $200. a barrel because it will be worth more than oil.

#66    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

better the last money grabber and power monger goes first .....

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#67    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostHilander, on 06 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

I can see the corporations talking control of it and taking it away from the people that own the land and the government will let them.  If they do I want $200. a barrel because it will be worth more than oil.

lol  .. i'll sell it for $150  a barrel !   I've considered  bottling water from here before.. we live in Clearwater township  .. and they ain't kidding.
Actually , out of curiosity i googled around  a bit  and learned that taxing water and Private  ownership and sale of water is nothing new, been going on forever basically ...  even for municipalities .    But this new boon will be the modern version, whereby government facilitates the corporate takeover of a large portion of water distribution and sale worldwide.
  It's this sort of weird perversion of government power to serve select private interests that has gone nova nowadays.

#68    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Apparently there's a 2000% markup on bottled water here in Aus, but rainwater is still free to collect.

Posted Image

#69    theworldneeds2know

theworldneeds2know

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• speak more about your blessings then you speak about your problems.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

"Idle no more"     The Harper government is gonna destroy most of Canada's lakes and rivers for the pipelines.  In the long run that's going to be a big mistake cause only less then 5% of Canada's lakes and rivers are protected now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users