Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crytoterrestrial hypothesis

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    athinghost

athinghost

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

Anyone familiar with the crytoterrestrial hypothesis proposed by the late writer Mac Tonnies?

His hypothesis sets out that rather than the ufo's and alien abductions being explained by the Extra terrestrial hypothesis there is an alternative theory which he suggests that the beings we suppose are aliens are in fact indigenous to Earth but have remained deliberately hidden and also possibly possess a superior technology or advanced mental powers which has allowed them to go mostly unseen by the majority of the human race. His book the crytoterrestrials says that these humanoid beings have deceived humanity into thinking their suspected presence is the work of extra terrestrials. The theory also states that the cryptoterrestrials are responsible for some of the ufo and alien sightings and going further back beings from myths and legends.

http://en.wikipedia....rial_hypothesis

I was really inspired by this theory as it seems like a fascinating slant on the accepted ufo pheonmeoma and ETI scenario so perhaps the origins of aliens are a lot closer to home than we think?

Edited by cryptoterrestrial, 23 May 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#2    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Interesting topic.

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#3    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,696 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

They must be allies with Bigfoot... :unsure2:

#4    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Interesting, but evolution does not support that theory...

#5    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

It's a cool theory in that it's in the middle of the dull military explanations and the fascinating extraterrestrial claims. It's a fun parallel history of an underground (in more ways than one?) civilization that takes us back to the days of Jules Verne. Maybe it explains the sightings of airships in the late 1800s, as well as the sightings of air/space craft that seems to be ahead of our current military technology. Of course, it could be just independent secret research projects with no governmental links that control how they take shape.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

I think it's just a bad rip of from Jaques Vallee's Passport to Magonia?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#7    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

With absolutely no evidence to support it, I just see it as more science fiction.

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think this one is even less possible than the ETH.

Edited by Hazzard, 24 May 2013 - 07:46 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostHazzard, on 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I think this one is even less possible than the ETH.

I think its plain stupid.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#10    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,698 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

At least name a Hamburger after it ! "Jezzzze" :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users