Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woolwich Terror Attack: Killed Soldier Named

Commander CMG

There is a lot of discussion about this but this guy deserves his own thread.

The soldier murdered in a terrorist attack in Woolwich has been named as Drummer Lee Rigby, a "loving father" to his two-year-old son.

The 25-year-old, of 2nd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was killed near the Royal Artillery Barracks in front of shocked onlookers.

Witnesses said he was attacked by two men with a number of weapons, including knives and a meat cleaver, while they shouted the name of "Allah".

Drummer Rigby was described as an "extremely popular and witty soldier", who had a "larger than life personality" and was a passionate, life-long Manchester United fan.

Tributes to the soldier, affectionately known as 'Riggers', each ended with the message: "Once a Fusilier, always a Fusilier."

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 3

course he was larger than life, he was a DRUMMER!!

it takes a certain kind of mentality to be a drummer, wallflowers we ain't, best leaving that to the bass-players of this world!

i'll be writing a song about him at tomorrow's practice, and I hope he can hear it where he's gone.....

@-}--

• Like 1

There are no words to describe how sad and disgusted I feel at the way this young soldier was murdered in such a brutal and barbaric way.

Lee was a Dad to a little 2 year old boy.. how awful for that poor little boy to be told one day 'that his Daddy was a soldier and was beheaded on a London street' :cry: I wonder what part of Manchester Lee was from? Does anyone know? :unsure2:

• Like 3