Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

why did satan get kicked out of heaven

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#856    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,074 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

You cannot spell live backwords.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#857    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,462 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postdanielost, on 23 July 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

You cannot spell live backwords.

Don't tempt me because I'll do it.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#858    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostTruthseeker007, on 23 July 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Occult Symbolism: Saturn (SET) Worship

SET (Ancient Egyptian God of Evil, Darkness, Chaos, War and Destruction

See here:
http://hollywoodsubl...com/black-cube/
Dude, I used to be a member of the Temple of Set, I have more than a little insight into who and what Set is.

You're getting your information from a site that calls itself "Hollywood Subliminals?" :geek:

As a neter of darkness and night, Set was the complement to Horus (neter of the Sun and daylight) in predynastic times. So integral was this relationship that the heads of the two neteru were frequently shown on a single body (hieroglyphic name Hrwyfy "He with the Two Faces"). With regard to the annual cycle, Horus was thought to govern the waxing of the Sun from the South Solstice, while Set governed the waning of the Sun from the North Solstice.

The oldest form of the Prince of Darkness, the archetype of Isolate Intelligence, is the Egyptian god Set, whose Priesthood can be traced to predynastic times. Images of Set have been dated to ca.3200 BCE, with astronomically-based estimates of inscriptions dating to 5000 BCE.

In earlier Latin texts the day Saturday was called Saturn Day, in direct reference to Saturn. In earlier ancient Egypt this day is called Sabt, which means Sirius a.k.a. the Dog Star. Plutarch associates Sabt with the Egyptian Anubis (Jackel-headed God).

In later Roman eras Saturn was the great god of agriculture (Green-Man/Horned-God stuff) and was celebrated with the festival Saturnalia and Sol Invictus ("Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25) . . . no doubt later the Christians in their genocide of all things Pagan demonized this deity and took control over (while confusing) the date of the 25th as the birth of their Dying & Resurrecting Sun of God.

Edited by Etu Malku, 23 July 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#859    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

So Set is the original devil? Because I saw an interview with Zeena Schrek
with this Christian guy and they were saying how Set is the real prince of darkness.
And that Lavey Satanism was not the real deal.
They talked about how Set was the real thing.

But they both left Temple of Set they do some other kind of religion now.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#860    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 24 July 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

So Set is the original devil? Because I saw an interview with Zeena Schrek
with this Christian guy and they were saying how Set is the real prince of darkness.
And that Lavey Satanism was not the real deal.
They talked about how Set was the real thing.

Lavey Satanism is actually Atheism with a philosophy of selfishness, so no, it isn't really "satan-ism".

Temple of Set seems much more closer to Satanism since they believe in an actual Satan (Set-Hen).

Set-hen means "eternal Set" by the way.

When Egypt worshiped Set as their main god, the ones around them (most likely ancient Canaanites/Jerusalem/Hebrews) demonized Set-hen (Satan) since Egypt was their enemies.

Love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the ungrateful and to the evil. - Luke 6:35

#861    Truthseeker007

Truthseeker007

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 23 July 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Seems like the point you are trying to make is that evil is just semantics? Seriously?

Not exactly. Maybe these quotes will give you a better idea:

Negative thought vibrations out of ignorance. High vibrations indicate love and spiritual development, while low vibrations indicate debasement and evil." (Arthur Yensen)

If each of us shares our light, soon all dark corners will be reached, and we will begin the healing of the world by chasing out darkness. We, too, will begin the healing of our own souls. (Betty Eadie)

The sin and Satan we live is that of our own creation. (Sherry Gideon)

Our minds are led by the spirit we are entertaining, the spirit of God or the spirit of the devil - self. This spiritual force of selfishness is the false god referred to as Satan. It is the collective unconscious rebellion of humanity against God. This collective unconscious rebellion is manifested as self-centeredness, self-gratification, self-seeking, self-righteousness, self-glorification, self-consciousness, self-indulgence, self-deception, self-serving, self-condemnation, self-absorbed, self-importance, selfishness, SELF. It is the force of the unevolved animalistic nature (the "beast") within humans. Satan is the unregenerated lower self that wars against the Higher Self within every human being. Jesus, on the other hand, went to the cross to fulfill his mission of showing humans the way to "crucify" their lower nature. Through a person's Higher Self of unconditional love - the manifestation of God - a person can attain at-one-ment with the divine nature within. This Higher Self is the Spirit of self-sacrifice, self-denial, selflessness, self-effacing, self-discipline, self-control, self-restraint, self-respect - the divine self that is a part of God and which wars against the lower self. (Edgar Cayce)

The struggle between higher and lower self or what some call God and the Devil causes growth, until finally the negativity or the destructive elements are completely overcome. (Betty Bethards)

Hell is a psychological condition which corresponds to the suffering we experience on Earth when we allow ourselves to be driven by the blind greed of our own egos. There are no "devils" here to inflict punishments, since in the state of hell, each person acts out their own malice by tormenting others. (Emanuel Swedenborg)
I had a descent into what you might call Hell ... I did not see Satan or evil. My descent into Hell was a descent into each person's customized human misery, ignorance, and darkness of not-knowing. It seemed like a miserable eternity. But each of the millions of souls around me had a little star of light always available. But no one seemed to pay attention to it. They were so consumed with their own grief, trauma and misery. (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)
If we are convinced a devil is out there to trick or deceive us, and if we have already pictured in our minds what this devil looks like and what he plans on doing, we should really not be surprised when our worst fears are confirmed. The devils we create become real and solid in the next dimension because we created them. (Jerry Gross)

Edgar Cayce revealed that the greatest enemy we will ever have to face is self. Cayce interpreted the Book of Revelation to be the story of humanity overcoming the enemy within. In Revelation, Babylon is symbolic of our selfish desires that cause us to war against ourselves and others. Armageddon is a battle between the beast nature of our animalistic lower self and the lamb - the divine nature of our Higher Self. Once the lower self is overcome by the higher self, the devil (self-will) is cast into the Abyss (the divine will suppressing the self-will). The result of this is the Kingdom of heaven (the rule of the Holy Spirit within) as it comes to Earth (the human body). Genesis is the story of humanity's fall from heaven. Revelation is the story of humanity being restored to God. It is paradise lost and then paradise found.

See more:
http://www.near-deat...research23.html

Spiral Symbolism:
Evolution and holistic growth:Letting go, surrender, release
Awareness of the one within the context of the whole
Connectivity and union with deific and cosmic energies

"Connectivity to the Divine" observation

#862    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 23 July 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Dude, I used to be a member of the Temple of Set, I have more than a little insight into who and what Set is.

You're getting your information from a site that calls itself "Hollywood Subliminals?" :geek:

As a neter of darkness and night, Set was the complement to Horus (neter of the Sun and daylight) in predynastic times. So integral was this relationship that the heads of the two neteru were frequently shown on a single body (hieroglyphic name Hrwyfy "He with the Two Faces"). With regard to the annual cycle, Horus was thought to govern the waxing of the Sun from the South Solstice, while Set governed the waning of the Sun from the North Solstice.

The oldest form of the Prince of Darkness, the archetype of Isolate Intelligence, is the Egyptian god Set, whose Priesthood can be traced to predynastic times. Images of Set have been dated to ca.3200 BCE, with astronomically-based estimates of inscriptions dating to 5000 BCE.

In earlier Latin texts the day Saturday was called Saturn Day, in direct reference to Saturn. In earlier ancient Egypt this day is called Sabt, which means Sirius a.k.a. the Dog Star. Plutarch associates Sabt with the Egyptian Anubis (Jackel-headed God).

In later Roman eras Saturn was the great god of agriculture (Green-Man/Horned-God stuff) and was celebrated with the festival Saturnalia and Sol Invictus ("Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25) . . . no doubt later the Christians in their genocide of all things Pagan demonized this deity and took control over (while confusing) the date of the 25th as the birth of their Dying & Resurrecting Sun of God.
AE never saw Set as we see "Satan". Yes I agree that Abrahamic faiths have taken and distorted gods from other religions and created this "Satan". But AE themsleves, as with Greeks and Romans had no "Satan", no equivalent at all. To take Set and make him the "Prince of Darkeness" an anti-God, would, I suspect, shock the ancients. Calling Set "Satan" is a modern conceit based on Abrahamic propaganda and not the reality of what AE themselves believed.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 25 July 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#863    Truthseeker007

Truthseeker007

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 23 July 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I don't think you understand what I was saying. Maybe you didn't read all of my post. It was the Egyptian Set, the Egyptian God known as Set, which represented Satan or Saturn; the Persians, instead of calling it Saturn or set, called the planet Satan, and personified the planet as though it were a person the Persians were the first to invent the personification of that which was called Satan. Later, the time being in approximately the mid part of the Christian Age, Western mystics, in studying various religions, latched on to the Persian teachings of Satan and brought into the Christian religion. Prior to that there was no Satan..

Edited by Truthseeker007, 25 July 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Spiral Symbolism:

#864    Truthseeker007

Truthseeker007

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

The Persians:

The ancient religion of Zoroastrianism is best known for being the origin of doctrines found in Judaism, Christianity and Islam, such as: the good versus evil dualism, the concept of Satan and demons, the resurrection of the dead, a final battle between good and evil, the final judgment of the wicked, and monotheism. During the Babylonian exile, Jews were exposed to these ideas and later incorporated into Judaism. Zoroastrianism is also the origin of the concept of the god of light and his angels being locked in a cosmic struggle with a god of darkness and his demons.
Ahura Mazda (the Wise Lord) is worshipped by Zoroastrians as the good God. Opposed to the Wise Lord is Ahriman (the evil god). The Earth was created by the Wise Lord to be a battlefield in which to fight the evil god. Human beings have free will to choose between the Lord and the evil god. Those who choose the evil god go to hell for a time. Those who choose the Lord will resurrect at the time of the Last Judgment. (Zoroastrianism)

Spiral Symbolism:

#865    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostJor-el, on 22 July 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

True.... "we are free to live and choose to grow almost as we desire, but not without being subjected to Universal , Spiritual Law."

I understand perfectly well the relevent aspects of nature and its accompanying physical laws, which we are subject to, but never created for. We were created to rule nature, not be ruled by it. That is exactly what the bible says, there is no grey area where either one of us can be right. What one can do is simply not accept or believe it, but that will be solely up to you.
To rule nature?

#866    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostJor-el, on 22 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I do not agree... simply because there is no such thing as a universal consciousness, whom we call god. God is not a universal consciousness, he is a self aware being, which created the universe we live in and can interact with it and manipulate it, but is not an actual part of it. You may disagree, but I cannot accept a pnthesitic approach to God, because to do so would violate the most fundamental aspect of being God, his eternal existence, beyond time, space and matter.... in other words beyond the universe, which did in fact hace a beginning.

For your view to work, the universe would itself have to be eternal, which we know is NOT the case.

In view of our souls all belonging to God, it is true, in that he is the author and owner of all life, and when we die, that spark returns to be with God, good or evil, that spark returns to God, becuase the spark does not contain any of the good or evil that was innacted by the person in question or the animal in question whatever it may be.

But a different fate is held for our spirits, the element of self awareness and personality that make us all who we are, and which animals do not have. These are indeed seperate entities from God and will remain so for eternity.
I can  honestly say, I do not know all things pertaining to the mystery of the universe , and the source of  it all , no one can.

#867    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,619 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostReann, on 25 July 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

To rule nature?

Exactly, that was the purpose of mankinds creation, people seem to forget this stuff, but that is exactly what the bible says...

Genesis1:28
28And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Psalm 8:4-5
You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.

The phrase usually translated as “a little lower than the angels” is actually “a little lower than the  elohim in the Hebrew text.

What this means, is that we were created only a little lower than the gods... and we had powers that compared to theirs. That is what we lost with the fall.

Instead of an infusion of the physical and the divine, we became merely physical, our divine aspect being lost, divine does not mean immortal by the way, we only had a conditional immortality, not an effective immortality, our conditional immortality was directly connected to access to the Tree of Life, which we lost, when we were expelled from Eden, but which will be given back to humanity on a permanent basis when we get back that which was lost to us, when Jesus returns.

So Yes Rule nature.... as Jesus commanded the storm to cease and many other things that we could do naturally once in the long distant past.

View PostReann, on 25 July 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I can  honestly say, I do not know all things pertaining to the mystery of the universe , and the source of  it all , no one can.

That is why trust in the word of God, he knows.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#868    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 25 July 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

AE never saw Set as we see "Satan". Yes I agree that Abrahamic faiths have taken and distorted gods from other religions and created this "Satan". But AE themsleves, as with Greeks and Romans had no "Satan", no equivalent at all. To take Set and make him the "Prince of Darkeness" an anti-God, would, I suspect, shock the ancients. Calling Set "Satan" is a modern conceit based on Abrahamic propaganda and not the reality of what AE themselves believed.
"AE never saw Set as we see "Satan"" That would depend on how you see the Prince of Darkness, which is who I associated Set with. even with Satan, groups of people understand him differently than each other, a Satanic Order is not going to view Satan the same as the Roman Catholic Church.

View PostTruthseeker007, on 25 July 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

I don't think you understand what I was saying. Maybe you didn't read all of my post. It was the Egyptian Set, the Egyptian God known as Set, which represented Satan or Saturn; the Persians, instead of calling it Saturn or set, called the planet Satan, and personified the planet as though it were a person the Persians were the first to invent the personification of that which was called Satan. Later, the time being in approximately the mid part of the Christian Age, Western mystics, in studying various religions, latched on to the Persian teachings of Satan and brought into the Christian religion. Prior to that there was no Satan..
I understood perfectly well what you posted, it is you who doesn't understand what I am saying. Your information, as I researched was from some stupid site called "Hollywood Subliminals" . . . my information comes from scholarly research and academically sound texts.

View PostTruthseeker007, on 25 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

The Persians:

The ancient religion of Zoroastrianism is best known for being the origin of doctrines found in Judaism, Christianity and Islam, such as: the good versus evil dualism, the concept of Satan and demons, the resurrection of the dead, a final battle between good and evil, the final judgment of the wicked, and monotheism. During the Babylonian exile, Jews were exposed to these ideas and later incorporated into Judaism. Zoroastrianism is also the origin of the concept of the god of light and his angels being locked in a cosmic struggle with a god of darkness and his demons.
Ahura Mazda (the Wise Lord) is worshipped by Zoroastrians as the good God. Opposed to the Wise Lord is Ahriman (the evil god). The Earth was created by the Wise Lord to be a battlefield in which to fight the evil god. Human beings have free will to choose between the Lord and the evil god. Those who choose the evil god go to hell for a time. Those who choose the Lord will resurrect at the time of the Last Judgment. (Zoroastrianism)

Where I have nothing against Mr. Lewis Loflin, from where you drew this information from, I would have to question someone's scholarship who doesn't have any degree from college or a University, though he does have honors from Northeast State Technical Community College in Computer Information Technology. Mr. Loflin sounds like an intelligent man from what I have read, but if you (or anyone else) wishes to really get to the bottom of research, you need to go to the top of researchers.

The Torah dates from 1500 BC- Abraham was 1800 BC. Zoroastrianism is from between 800 and 600 BC, and the oldest references to it are only from around 250 BC. Judaism is much older than Zoroastrianism. Early Judaism was not a dual-based religion as was Zoroastrian, Christian, and Muslim.

Older than all of these is the original monotheistic cult of the Aten designed by Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten.
Good vs Evil, and the days of end can be traced to ancient Sumerian stories long before anything Judeo-Christian-Muslim.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#869    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,462 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostTruthseeker007, on 25 July 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Not exactly. Maybe these quotes will give you a better idea:
[a bunch of quotes]

See more:
"Evil does not exist - only stupidity"

Seems like you and your quotees all strive to deny a fundamental reality: evil, like nature and many other things(entity), does not depend on the human mind for its existence. Evil is not even a natural part of this world. An alien corrupting force more powerful than nature or humanity hardly relies on opinion for its existence. You can and did describe it accurately with the vibration concept but it is in no way limited by that very limited concept. I don't expect anyone to grasp this without individual experience. You don't learn this in school because it is unteachable. Once you have learned you will see the truth easily behind all forms of teaching which allude to it in one way or another.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#870    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,074 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostReann, on 25 July 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

To rule nature?

Yes, to ruke nature.  God gave us dominum(spch) over the beast, to do as we wished to do to them.  I think this was taken down a notc. or two after the flood.  When god put the fear of man into them.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users