Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

smart phones

  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,707 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:


I really didn't have much choice. My stepdaughter kept breaking her phones and I had to constantly use my wife's and my upgrades to get her new phones once the phone insurance wouldn't give us anymore. I swear that kid has gone through at least 7 phones to my 1.
She's on her 3rd iPhone 4s and now that she will be 18 this year, I let her know that will be her very last phone on my plan. Once that phone breaks she will have to go out and get her own plan. :devil:  (knowing my luck she will make that phone last forever now though)

I had a motorola Razr flip phone before my Droid. That darn thing also lasted forever, in fact I still have in a drawer and it still looks and works like new if I were to charge it. I always like to keep a few spares around in case one of our phones do break and we need a temp. one.

You are an awesome parent.  My daughter would be getting a cheapy little flippy phone if she broke one $700 phone never mind three.  She did actually fry her Samsung Gio by giving it a bath in her water glass beside her bed....I got the new phone, she got the old one.  I also warned her if she kills that one she better get a job to pay for a new one.


Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,061 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 26 May 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

She did actually fry her Samsung Gio by giving it a bath in her water glass beside her bed....
LOL that's one I haven't experienced yet. My stepdaughter dropped one of her iPhones in the toilet once. Instead of getting it out right away (because that would be too gross) she waited for her friend to come over and get it out for her.
It probably would have been fine if she had gotten it right out and set it aside to dry out before trying to turn it on again (which was the very first thing she did once she did get the phone out of the toilet).

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#18    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,707 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 28 May 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:


LOL that's one I haven't experienced yet. My stepdaughter dropped one of her iPhones in the toilet once. Instead of getting it out right away (because that would be too gross) she waited for her friend to come over and get it out for her.
It probably would have been fine if she had gotten it right out and set it aside to dry out before trying to turn it on again (which was the very first thing she did once she did get the phone out of the toilet).
That's why hers got fried....couldn't wait for it to dry out, had to see who texted her right away.  Silly kids.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Oh my god. I don't think kids should have phones until they're at least 15 . My friends daughter is 3,and I get calls at all you're,because she finds the phone ,and hits the speed dial . Then you hear her giggling and gurgling at the other end .My friend has no idea its going on

Miss me?

#20    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,316 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hi Simbi, I've been looking at the same 2 phones

Both phones are top of the line android phones and you will be happy with either, and any apps you've purchased on your old HTC android you can download to whichever phone you choose. Google Play Store (Android Market) purchases are by Google id not by device. That means with any android device you sign into using your Google  you can download your apps (so long as they are supported by the device of course)

All my smartphones have been in the Samsung Galaxy S series and I've always been happy with them and I like the GS4. I am however also very impressed with the HTC One. Best bet go to a store that has a  'live' version of both phones and play with them. See which phone feels more comfortable

iheartsugarbear

#21    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,707 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 04 June 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Hi Simbi, I've been looking at the same 2 phones

Both phones are top of the line android phones and you will be happy with either, and any apps you've purchased on your old HTC android you can download to whichever phone you choose. Google Play Store (Android Market) purchases are by Google id not by device. That means with any android device you sign into using your Google  you can download your apps (so long as they are supported by the device of course)

All my smartphones have been in the Samsung Galaxy S series and I've always been happy with them and I like the GS4. I am however also very impressed with the HTC One. Best bet go to a store that has a  'live' version of both phones and play with them. See which phone feels more comfortable

To just hold them, the HTC One is heavier.  I had one guy pick it up and say that he could 'feel' the quality.  The S4 is lighter, which other people like.  There are so many things to consider when buying a phone.  I am lucky that I get to play with all the new phones when they come out.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 04 June 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Hi Simbi, I've been looking at the same 2 phones

Both phones are top of the line android phones and you will be happy with either, and any apps you've purchased on your old HTC android you can download to whichever phone you choose. Google Play Store (Android Market) purchases are by Google id not by device. That means with any android device you sign into using your Google  you can download your apps (so long as they are supported by the device of course)

All my smartphones have been in the Samsung Galaxy S series and I've always been happy with them and I like the GS4. I am however also very impressed with the HTC One. Best bet go to a store that has a  'live' version of both phones and play with them. See which phone feels more comfortable
I wasn't sure about the Galaxy being android market compatible .
I had the original Windows phone ,and it wasn't . Totally different market . I liked the phone ,but that was a bummer for me .

I like the HTC ONE because of the speakers . I watch so much stuff on my phone ,and sound coming from the back can be so annoying when its so low I can barely hear it .
That may be a selling point for me .
We shall see.



Miss me?

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 04 June 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:



To just hold them, the HTC One is heavier.  I had one guy pick it up and say that he could 'feel' the quality.  The S4 is lighter, which other people like.  There are so many things to consider when buying a phone.  I am lucky that I get to play with all the new phones when they come out.
I've considered getting a job with sprint,for just this reason ..heh

Miss me?

#24    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,061 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 June 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Oh my god. I don't think kids should have phones until they're at least 15 .
I agree 100% in retrospect.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#25    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,043 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

heheheeh .. and here I am still chugging away with my nokia 6120c
:rofl:

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 04 June 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

heheheeh .. and here I am still chugging away with my nokia 6120c
:rofl:
I would die .

Miss me?

#27    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,043 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 June 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

I would die .

say what you will ... its the most comfortable thing in size and weight I've held ... still is ... and the 3.5G for its class ... incomparable ...
also I'm too financially hindered to move on :lol:

~

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 04 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:



say what you will ... its the most comfortable thing in size and weight I've held ... still is ... and the 3.5G for its class ... incomparable ...
also I'm too financially hindered to move on :lol:

~
Oh I'm not putting it down . I have friends who have phones that may as well be a can with a string attached ,and they have plenty of money . They just cheap .
It's just I live on this thing.
If it dies ,I have no access to anything . I WOULD DIE !


Miss me?

#29    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,043 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 June 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Oh I'm not putting it down . I have friends who have phones that may as well be a can with a string attached ,and they have plenty of money . They just cheap .
It's just I live on this thing.
If it dies ,I have no access to anything . I WOULD DIE !


Posted Image


S4 ?


:tu:

:yes:



~



Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#30    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,707 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 June 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:


Oh I'm not putting it down . I have friends who have phones that may as well be a can with a string attached ,and they have plenty of money . They just cheap .
It's just I live on this thing.
If it dies ,I have no access to anything . I WOULD DIE !
I know!  I have all my work hours, appt's, contacts and pictures in my phone.  I do have them backed up, but, yeah, my life is in my phone.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!





Also tagged with smart phones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users