Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

smart phones

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,611 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

So far the only downside I've found with the Galaxy S4 is the sound. Unless you are using an external sound source, it's really not that good.
Plus, I use mine as an alarm clock. I have to put the phone 'face down' on my night stand so that the speaker faces up. Otherwise I can't hear the alarm in the morning and I end up being late for work. (yes, I have forgotten to place it face down a few times so far)

I also have to say, the headphones that came with the S4 are outstanding. They sound incredible. I own a set of Shure E3 in-ear stage monitors that I've had for a while now and the stock Samsung headphones sound better than the E3's to me. The Shure E3's weren't cheap when I bought them either.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#77    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 31 July 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Wow. Over here the s4 costs $748 outright. With 1 USD = 1.11 AUD at the moment. We are getting fleece hard.

Well its with my upgrade.
I've had my old phone for two years,so now I can have a new one ,reduced price.
Without the upgrade,its like 570$ or so.
If I get it at sprint ,with upgrade,its 250$ .
At radio shack,which do multiple carriers its 199$ .
So it depends .

Miss me?

#78    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 31 July 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

So far the only downside I've found with the Galaxy S4 is the sound. Unless you are using an external sound source, it's really not that good.
Plus, I use mine as an alarm clock. I have to put the phone 'face down' on my night stand so that the speaker faces up. Otherwise I can't hear the alarm in the morning and I end up being late for work. (yes, I have forgotten to place it face down a few times so far)

I also have to say, the headphones that came with the S4 are outstanding. They sound incredible. I own a set of Shure E3 in-ear stage monitors that I've had for a while now and the stock Samsung headphones sound better than the E3's to me. The Shure E3's weren't cheap when I bought them either.

This is my one concern ,the sound ...reviews say its not good ,but now that I know how badly the HTC one heats up,I'm afraid of it exploding .

Miss me?

#79    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 31 July 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Wow. Over here the s4 costs $748 outright. With 1 USD = 1.11 AUD at the moment. We are getting fleece hard.
We are selling them at $699.99 out right and $199.99 on a three year agreement.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#80    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 July 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

This is my one concern ,the sound ...reviews say its not good ,but now that I know how badly the HTC one heats up,I'm afraid of it exploding .

Like I said before, the brand we get back for repairs the most is HTC.  I sell Sony, Samsung, Apple, Motorola & HTC.  HTC is the glitchiest phone and the one brand that just stops working for no apparent reason.

#81    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 31 July 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Like I said before, the brand we get back for repairs the most is HTC.  I sell Sony, Samsung, Apple, Motorola & HTC.  HTC is the glitchiest phone and the one brand that just stops working for no apparent reason.

I already ordered the qwerty Bluetooth keyboard for the S 4 . You can use it,not use it . Use it as a stand to watch movies .
:)

I just need the money for the phone. My contract ends today .

Miss me?

#82    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 31 July 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

http://www.mobilefun...ers---black.htm

I see one of these in my future

Miss me?

#83    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 31 July 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

What do you think of the Galaxy Note II ?
The III is due out Sept 4 .
I'm wondering if that would be a better choice for me ,and should I wait for the G Note III to come out . It's only one more month .

Miss me?

#84    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 August 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

What do you think of the Galaxy Note II ?
The III is due out Sept 4 .
I'm wondering if that would be a better choice for me ,and should I wait for the G Note III to come out . It's only one more month .
If you are more artistically inclined and/or like to watch a lot of videos, the Note is awesome.  I know an architect who swears by the Note.

#85    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 01 August 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

If you are more artistically inclined and/or like to watch a lot of videos, the Note is awesome.  I know an architect who swears by the Note.
Mmmm,too many cool choices ....but if I wait for the note 3 to come out,either I will want it,or get the note 2 cheaper.
I watch a lot of stuff on my phone .

Miss me?

#86    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 01 August 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

There's also an HTC phablet coming out called the T6 . I think they will call it the HTC one maxi or something .
It will also have the metal casing tho ,so it will overheat like the ONE does.

Miss me?

#87    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 August 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

There's also an HTC phablet coming out called the T6 . I think they will call it the HTC one maxi or something .
It will also have the metal casing tho ,so it will overheat like the ONE does.
My daughter needs a new phone.  As she is going into highschool, we have been looking at the Samsung 8.0 tablet.  She doesn't talk on the phone, just texts.  You can put your SIM in the tablet and it acts as your phone as well as having Microsoft applications.   She can also download the books she needs fir classes, so she won't be lufging a lit to and from school.  I really think for her this is the way to go.

#88    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well its with my upgrade.
I've had my old phone for two years,so now I can have a new one ,reduced price.
Without the upgrade,its like 570$ or so.
If I get it at sprint ,with upgrade,its 250$ .
At radio shack,which do multiple carriers its 199$ .
So it depends .
Oh my mistake. Without the upgrade is that outright price?

#89    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 31 July 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

We are selling them at $699.99 out right and $199.99 on a three year agreement.

Ah that makes more sense. These days is prefer to buy the phone outright and then purchase a SIM card with no contract which I'm on now. 500mb a month, free texts and $300 of calls for $29 a month no fixed contract.

#90    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 02 August 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

Ah that makes more sense. These days is prefer to buy the phone outright and then purchase a SIM card with no contract which I'm on now. 500mb a month, free texts and $300 of calls for $29 a month no fixed contract.
Right now we are changing things in Canada.  All carriers will have a 2 year maximum contract, and after the contract is up, the phones will be unlocked.  Right now if you buy a Bell phone, you can only use it on the Bell network unless you get it unlocked.  All carriers are doing this.  
As to data, I see it becoming a thing of the past soon.  Everywhere you go there is free WiFi.  Why pay extra for a feature that you don't need to?  I am sitting on my back patio and have a free signal.  More and more businesses and some towns/cities are making sure they have free WiFi in order to have more customers/visitors.

Also tagged with smart phones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users