Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Moderate Muslims pray for Holocaust victims

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

I respectfully draw your attention to the first sentence of my post (#3).

Imam Magid has rightly condemned several 'isms' and a couple of 'phobias', and I applaude him for that, but nowhere can I see where he calls for an end to blowing people up and/or hacking them to death in the street because they refuse to bend the knee to his medieval god! That's what I expect to see 'moderate Muslims' speaking out against.

It's a fair point but can't you be happy at the progress they are making rather than taking such a negative approach? Leaving aside the many, many Muslims that have spoken out. Unfortunately, 'Bunch of people are just like us!' doesn't sell papers.

And the murder I think you are referring to appears to be more politically than religiously motivated. Didn't the attackers say it was because of wars in their countries rather than religious differences?

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#17    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 24 May 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

An imam won't call for an end to Jihad, it is an essential part of Islam.

I don't mean blowing people up, I mean fighting the evil in oneself.

That is the greatest Jihad there is.

Heard that from an imam.

Jihad means "to struggle" if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I was always taught in school too. Two types of Jihad, greater and lesser.

Greater: struggle against evil in yourself.

Lesser: struggle against external evil.

It's Lesser Jihad that causes problems because evil is often a matter of perspective.

'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#18    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostSetton, on 24 May 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

And the murder I think you are referring to appears to be more politically than religiously motivated. Didn't the attackers say it was because of wars in their countries rather than religious differences?

But apparantly shouting 'Allahu Akbar' whilst carrying out the atrocity. (If it quacks like a duck, etc.................)

Edited by ealdwita, 24 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#19    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

But apparantly shouting 'Allahu Akbar' whilst carrying out the atrocity. (If it quacks like a duck, etc.................)

This thread is not about that incident.

#20    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Who else is involved?

Meeting are also planned with local Catholic, Muslim and Jewish religious leaders.

http://arabnews.com/news/452038

Why exactly are the moderate Muslims doing this?

“If we want the world to remember the horrors of the Holocaust so that neither genocide against the Jews, nor anyone else should ever happen again, then we have an obligation to have communal leaders understand what happened,” Schudrich said.

http://arabnews.com/news/452038

Was this the first time this has happened?

Muslim leaders last visited Auschwitz in 2011 as part of an inter-faith delegation including a hundred Jewish and Christian leaders from the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Interfaith harmony: Imams to visit Auschwitz

Who organized this?

The visit was part of a Holocaust awareness and anti-genocide program organized in part by the U.S. State Department’s Office of International Religious Freedom.

http://english.alara...-Auschwitz.html

Who else met with them?

Some of the imams wept at an emotional meeting Tuesday with Jewish Holocaust survivors and their Polish Catholic saviors who told stories of their war-time experiences at Warsaw’s Nozyk Synagogue.

http://english.alara...-Auschwitz.html

What do three religions have in common?

A soaring rupture opening on to undulating walls marks its facade, an allusion to Exodus and the parting of the Red Sea, through which Moses led his people fleeing Egypt, a narrative shared by the Torah, the Bible and the Koran.

Show of good faith: Muslim imams pray at Auschwitz

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 24 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#21    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

The bigger story is that others from other faiths and victims of the Holocaust are embracing the Imams. That is all that really matters, we are accepting them.

#22    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,571 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm not saying their beliefs didn't play a part but it's not the message they were trying to convey. But, as has been said, that's a whole other issue so let's not get sidetracked.

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,310 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image

why is it so hard for some to let peace loving people work for peace in peace ... ?

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#24    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Indeed, we are accepting them even as others choose to reject. This proves even among ourselves there is not uniformity so among them there will also be those that accept us.

The tolerant among us and among them are the bridge.

The others are drowning in hate but even as they do we are offering them lifesavers, ladders, and our hands to save them from the deep running waters of rage and help them onto this bridge.

#25    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,195 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

It is the same slogan from every extremist, like the raising of three fingers by serbian christians while they were raping and slaughtering bosniak muslim women and babies. In the name of the holy trinty.
The difference is that I am aware that the holy trinity has nothing to do with it and neither has allah.

As for some other statements that you did, like the one about moderat muslims, jihad, not having non muslims as friends, kafirs, not accepting holocoust.....all utter nonsens, all wrong information. Exactly the same misguided mind like the minds of the opposite side.

#26    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#27    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have two Muslim friends, both of which have clearly demonstrated onto me their humanity.

Jahaar, he once asked me of my faith, I gladly answered.. We now great each other as brothers, and treat each other as such too!
Navid, was working at the corner store and it was being robbed at gun point. I walked in and drew my gun, I told the robber I didn't want to hurt him but I am surgical with my makarov, and if he did not walk away peacefully he would not walk away at all.. The man tucked his gun away and ran.. After the incident Navid said to me "even when he threatened your lives you showed him compassion, why?" I said "he might be an idiot but he's still a man, and I am nobody to want to kill him unless he gives me no option".. He always invites me to his family parties, has even come to mine...

So yea, Muslims are not the enemy.. Idiots hiding behind faiths are the enemy. What faith they hide behind does not matter either... There was a time when thousands were killed in the name of the Christian god... Do you think he wanted such a thing?

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#28    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,638 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

There were Muslim heroes at the time, too, in what later became a very hard part of the world for Muslims,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-22176928

Posted Image

#29    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

considering the history betweem muslims & jews, I think this is, at least, a step in the right direction, and hopefully, those involved in conflict in the middle east, on both sides, are taking notice.....
a positive outcome requires a positive beginning, and it looks like we've just witnessed one!
*insert 'thumbs up' smiley here*

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#30    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,310 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postshrooma, on 24 May 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

considering the history betweem muslims & jews, I think this is, at least, a step in the right direction, and hopefully, those involved in conflict in the middle east, on both sides, are taking notice.....
a positive outcome requires a positive beginning, and it looks like we've just witnessed one!
*insert 'thumbs up' smiley here*

there is a smiley quota too ?

here you go :

:tu:

and a bonus :) too

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users