Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO photographed over San Diego

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

looks like a long-distance, very blurry shot of a romulan warbird to me.....

#17    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

If I weren't so unbiased I would love to say Alien Spacecraft!!. But from what I can see ( correct me if I'm wrong) the sun light seems to be reflecting from the right of the UFO with a shadow cast on the left hand side. But the sun appears to be beaming from the left hand side of the shot because the left side of the barn has the sun light on it.

It's a tough call. The shadow of the eves on the side of the barn show that it was close to noon and the sun was shining nearly straight down. The bright spot on the right side of the UFO could simply be a more reflective part of the object.

But it's another over-magnified blurry blob that doesn't display any definite structure that would make me think it's a spacecraft.

#18    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,153 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Say what? The Romulans have crossed the neutral zone and are buzzing barns over San Diego. This is a clear violation of the Treaty of Algeron!

Edited by Lilly, 24 May 2013 - 09:49 PM.
grammar

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#19    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostLilly, on 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Say what? The Romulan's have crossed the neutral zone and are buzzing barns over San Diego. This is a clear violation of the Treaty of Algeron!

Whoa whoa, let's not jump to conclusions from a blurry photograph! It may have been a simple navigational error.

#20    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postscowl, on 24 May 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

It's a tough call. The shadow of the eves on the side of the barn show that it was close to noon and the sun was shining nearly straight down. The bright spot on the right side of the UFO could simply be a more reflective part of the object.

But it's another over-magnified blurry blob that doesn't display any definite structure that would make me think it's a spacecraft.
NOTE: no offense is intended herein.
I must ask: What is this "definite structure" that might make you think it's a spacecraft?  Somehow, I can't seem to get it through my head just exactly what some alien spacecraft would look like.  And this is a subject I would really enjoy having defined.

I've seen "lights" in the sky that I've never been able to explain, one of which was being chased by F4 Phantoms from Malmstrom AFB in 1964.  I doubt Malmstrom would scramble F4s just for the hell of it, and it was not during the periods of shift changes for air patrols; also, those planes were on full afterburner.  I've also seen aircraft that I could not identify doing things aircraft should not do or be able to do, but those could easily be explained as experimental or in-service top secret aircraft, not UFOs.  One such overflew my house every week, Saturday at 2230, for almost six months, then switched to the other side of the canyon.  It was black, had five lights on leading edges of 'wings' (one each tip, one wing center, one nose), made very little noise, and flew at a speed about the same as traffic on Harbison Canyon Road (35mph).  I doubt it was some strange ET spacecraft; my guess is it was one of our very own research vessels.  I would truly like to know both the propulsion system and power on the craft, because it defied everything about standard craft, and I do know some about airplanes (several thousand hours of flight time).

It also strikes me that if anyone follows the San Diego area, you'd know that it was an aviation center for many decades, and when the major companies relocated, large contingents remained in the area for research in aerospace/rocketry etc.  There are spaces around SD that are as secure as Area 51, if not more so because very few people even know about them.  So who knows what she might have accidentally photographed, assuming it's not a hoax?

#21    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostRabidCat, on 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

NOTE: no offense is intended herein.
I must ask: What is this "definite structure" that might make you think it's a spacecraft?  Somehow, I can't seem to get it through my head just exactly what some alien spacecraft would look like.  And this is a subject I would really enjoy having defined.

Distinct structures that appear to have a specific function. If you are able to see these structures in a photo, then you can tell the difference between a bird and a plane. If you can't see them, a bird and a plane will look the same. If you can't tell the difference between a bird and a plane in a photo then obviously the photo is worthless for identifying a flying object.

If the photo is clear enough that we can see structures that don't fit any known plane then we can begin to speculate that it's something we can't identify. This photo is nowhere clear enough to begin that kind of speculation.

I've seen "lights" in the sky that I've never been able to explain, one of which was being chased by F4 Phantoms from Malmstrom AFB in 1964.  I doubt Malmstrom would scramble F4s just for the hell of it, and it was not during the periods of shift changes for air patrols; also, those planes were on full afterburner.

I've seen jets flying around too. Does that mean they're all chasing alien spacecraft back to their planets?

#22    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

could be a drone.maybe but people have captured many objects that were not there at the time of the picture though many times over and over again.as for the UFOs they are more advanced than earth technology so they can and could turn into all kinds of things and even invisible.earth technology is far from doing anything that they can at the moment.as for the so called experts that work for the government don't expect a honest reply or answer

#23    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,207 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

The object looks fairly 'structured' to me. The blurring seems to have been caused by excessive magnification.  It appears to be elliptical in shape with a flattish top, off which sunlight reflects. A thin, light colored line crosses the middle of it, along its long axis. The object appears to have a rougher texture on the top left than the top right. This could account for the fact that more sunlight is reflected from the top, on the right side.

Edited by bison, 24 May 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

If you ask me ! which I just know how many of you will , Its Gotta be  Alterian,or even Barbaqueian ! Looks like it just hit the Snappy Burger on there way Home ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postbison, on 24 May 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

The object looks fairly 'structured' to me. The blurring seems to have been caused by excessive magnification.

Which of course means anything in the photo could be an artifact of the camera.

It appears to be elliptical in shape with a flattish top, off which sunlight reflects.

The top is curved. What object doesn't reflect sunlight?

A thin, light colored line crosses the middle of it, along its long axis.

And that line is...what? A wing? An engine? An antenna? See, that is not a distinct structure. That's just a bunch of lighter pixels that is impossible to reliably interpret.

The object appears to have a rougher texture on the top left than the top right. This could account for the fact that more sunlight is reflected from the top, on the right side.

There's no way to determine texture from a few hundred pixels.

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,303 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postshrooma, on 24 May 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

looks like a long-distance, very blurry shot of a romulan warbird to me.....
Nah, it's clearly a Leviathan like Moya.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

Preparing to initiate the pixels enhancers ... stand by on RGB converters....

converting chroma luminescence sequence ... calculating hue and tint radiant overhead ..

looks like .. like ...

~due to an unexpected fatal error Windows has to restart~

-press any key to continue -

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#28    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Sweet one  3rd eye! :tu:

#29    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,420 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Arggh, Thats where my lost wheel trim got too. :tu:

Edited by skookum, 24 May 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Sure its not Sir Branson`s StarShip doing a test flight with some of those hottie Flight attendants ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users