Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO photographed over San Diego

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postscowl, on 28 May 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

What are you talking about? From the article:

If the woman is to be believed, she didn't even notice the flying saucer.

I'm saying that initially at least, this woman seems to have zero reason to have created fake pics. And no one is saying that the Camera photoshopped the pics itself, so I trust the lady that there was something there, even if it was only a bird or a bug.

Birds can form unexpected shapes when flying. Red tailed hawks for example have large rounded wings and a nice round tail and can look like a Frisbee at times.

Sure, it is possible. But a frisbee, or kite, or balloon would not have to "accidentally" look weird for one frame, they would look that way to everyone in every picture. That is why I think it is more logically an object, rather then a bird.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#77    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 May 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I understand she did not see it. I'm saying that if it was a real, say... 40 foot across, UFO that thousands of other people would have seen it.

I think a 40 foot object could actually fly over a populated area without anyone noticing. We're so used to seeing planes that we rarely look at anything in the sky these days unless it makes noise like a helicopter.

#78    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

I agree Scowl. I have seen quite a few ufo postings lately that have to be slowed down considerably before you can begin to see anything. Many, many of late I have seen are of this super high speed category.

#79    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 28 May 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Many, many of late I have seen are of this super high speed category.

Gonna tell us what you're seeing?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#80    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Sure, it is possible. But a frisbee, or kite, or balloon would not have to "accidentally" look weird for one frame, they would look that way to everyone in every picture. That is why I think it is more logically an object, rather then a bird.

but we don't know whether the pictures were taken immediately one after the other,

#81    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 May 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Gonna tell us what you're seeing?

unstructured plasmas to have the required meaningful et craft shape should compensate for the indistinguishable appearance by being in speedy motion... :wacko:

#82    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'll try to believe in super high speed UFOs when someone can explain how they move through the atmosphere without causing any disturbance, noise, or heat.

View Postmcrom901, on 28 May 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

but we don't know whether the pictures were taken immediately one after the other,
True enough....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#83    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

View Postscowl, on 28 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

I think a 40 foot object could actually fly over a populated area without anyone noticing. We're so used to seeing planes that we rarely look at anything in the sky these days unless it makes noise like a helicopter.
Try explaining that to the Skeptics that claim a lone bigfoot in 10,000 miles of wilderness cannot escape notice.

Personnally, I notice every car that goes by and every plane/helicopter that flys by. Certainly many people will ignore what they think they already know, but if a giant shadow passed over you and made no noise, people will look up. Movement without noise will always draw peoples attension.

Nope. People would have noticed it. It is a bird, or a man made object that someone is flying there. Most likely an RC helicopter or quad-copter.

#84    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

I'm saying that initially at least, this woman seems to have zero reason to have created fake pics.

I don't think the suggestion that its fake has even come up. If you want to fake a UFO photo, anyone can do much better than that!

Not "accidentally" but "coincidentally" and I also wouldn't say they look "weird". When people look for birds in photos, they look for the standard head and wings and tail flying horizontally from them since that's what you see most of the time. I've taken photos of birds silhouetted against the sky and they can form all kinds of shapes, especially when they're flying towards you or away from you. Red tail hawks can briefly form surprisingly rounded shapes in the sky with their wings and are great fodder for UFO fans. That's why I always take lots of photos of everything.

#85    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 29 May 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Try explaining that to the Skeptics that claim a lone bigfoot in 10,000 miles of wilderness cannot escape notice.

No skeptics have ever claimed that.

Personnally, I notice every car that goes by and every plane/helicopter that flys by.

A "car that goes by" will obviously get a person's attention far more than a tiny distant spec in the sky.

#86    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

View Postscowl, on 29 May 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

No skeptics have ever claimed that.
I don't suspect you've been in the Cryptozoology section much. The skeptic concensus is that no (large) animal could hide anywhere in todays world. Not in the ocean, not in Africa, not in the vast deserts, not anywhere.

#87    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

View Postscowl, on 29 May 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Not "accidentally" but "coincidentally" and I also wouldn't say they look "weird". When people look for birds in photos, they look for the standard head and wings and tail flying horizontally from them since that's what you see most of the time. I've taken photos of birds silhouetted against the sky and they can form all kinds of shapes, especially when they're flying towards you or away from you. Red tail hawks can briefly form surprisingly rounded shapes in the sky with their wings and are great fodder for UFO fans. That's why I always take lots of photos of everything.
Sure, I admit it could be a bird. But go look at that pic of flying geese again. 9/10th of those geese are clearly geese. But a flat kite, or balloon will like a flat kite or balloon 10 times out of 10.

Can we just both agree it is not an Alien Flying Saucer??

#88    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

What happened to the Flying Cow Pattie?

This is a Work in Progress!

#89    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,318 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 30 May 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

What happened to the Flying Cow Pattie?

Posted Image

don't worry ... buddy will find it ....

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#90    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Love it third eye ! Remember to report to U/M Party thread for your crew assingments ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users