Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How Did Water Come to Earth?

water earth tides

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,901 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Morning dew and roaring falls inspire poets. Hurricanes and typhoons wreak devastation. Melting glaciers and rising tides challenge us all, even in an ever more thirsty world.

Water is so vital to our survival, but strangely enough, we don’t know the first thing about it—literally the first. Where does water, a giver and taker of life on planet Earth, come from?

http://www.smithsoni...-208340301.html

Posted Image

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have a feeling it has more significance than any of us realize. I've always been strangely drawn to water.

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 24 May 2013 - 08:41 PM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've learned that it could have come from many places. Meteors, moisture in the atmosphere itself, and for me personally God. Water is such a strong natural element, its beautiful :)

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#4    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Current theories in geology believe it originates from two origins:
1. eruptions of volcanoes which released underground water to the surface.
2. comets which were very common in the early stage of our solar system and are mostly made out of ice.

The second option might also be the origin of life, if panspermia is correct :) .

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#5    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Tells you in the Bible.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#6    flbrnt

flbrnt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Water is not rare in the universe. It is made of the least common element, hydrogen, and another common one, oxygen. The outer bodies of the solar system have it in abundance. Liquid water is rare but is a consequence of the Earth being close enough to the sun to melt the ice and far enough away that the water doesn't evaporate. There is no mystery here. The mystery would be if the earth did not contain it.

#7    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Pipeline from Uranus?

Also tagged with water, earth, tides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users