Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Boy, 5, sets grandmotherís house on fire

copper hills house fire cigarette lighter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,552 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

A 5-year-old boy was probably in big trouble Thursday night after setting his grandmother’s house on fire in Cherokee County.

Firefighters were called to Blake Drive home, located in the Copper Hills subdivision off Knox Bridge Highway, shortly after 2 p.m., according to Tim Cavender, spokesman for the Cherokee County fire department. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the two-story home, he said.

Investigators determined that the fire started in a bedroom, where the homeowner’s 5-year-old grandson admitted he’d been playing with a cigarette lighter, Cavender said.

http://www.ajc.com/n...-on-fire/nX2Zq/

Posted Image

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

What 5 year old hasn't tried to burn a house down? Right?

Er.. Just me? :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Betcha his Grandma has forgiven him already and will knock you out if you suggest he be punished!  (lol)

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

HwŪt ťoredmścg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal Ģe heardra, heorte Ģe cenre, mod sceal Ģe mare, Ģe ure mśgen lytlaū.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't suppose it'll be long before the little thug's been diagnosed with some fancy-named 'disorder' or other and given taxpayer-funded psychiatric treatment instead of getting a sharp clip round the ear and sent supperless to bed for being naughty!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

It was just before the fourth of July ,and they had gotten me sparklers . I loved sparklers,but they were no fun in the daylight .
I decided that looking at them under my bed ,where it was darker,was prudent.

My bed was old ,and the box spring had a layer of cheesecloth hanging from the underside .
That stuff is quite flammable apparently .
By the time I figured out what was happening,the bed had started to catch fire.
I remember running across the street to my neighbors ,and bursting in their front kitchen ,where they were all sitting,and yelling FIRE ,and just running out .
They helped us put it out . The fire dept was never even called .
My entire room was ruined. Bed ,furniture ,walls ,rug .
Oh yeah ....I think I was more like 8 though .

Miss me?

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

My neighbors grandson burnt his barn down.  That kid has problems brought on by his step father beating him.  Another little girl I knew set the curtains in her room on fire with a cigarette lighter.  Dad put it out before it caused much damage.  Got to watch those little kids with cigarette lighters even if they are child proof.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,467 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Ow, it was not even a real big fire, only a little bit of singing here and there, just wait til he gets into his teens, into crack, into drink and into real fires!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users