Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

CropCircles in North Carolina

crop circles cropcircles lillington carolina

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

I was riding riding shotgun with my girlfriend today headed from Southern Pines, NC to Willow Springs NC, when headed into Lillington (which is along our preferred route) I noticed groupings of pressed down wheat within a field of wheat. I asked her to stop the car and turn around, as we had passed the field by the time it dawned on me that we may be looking at something paranormal, I said "I think I just saw crop circles in that field back there!" and I convinced her to turn around and pull off the side of the road. We stepped out took a couple pictures with her iPhone (my droid only has a 4mp camera) I crossed the road and went into the field and took pictures within one of the formations and took a close-up shot of a broken stalk of wheat. Running parallel with the road one formation went for about 60-70 yards and appeared to be circles and shoots/bars breaking off at random intervals in no apparent pattern other that the obvious intentional nature of the formations. Another was at a right angle to the fore-mentioned formation, and stretched for roughly 90-100 yards and had a similar appearance of a line broken in a few spots but consistent through-out. There were circles connected by bars to the main line and what appeared to be semi circles built into the main line. there were no apparent signs of people walking into the field at any edge of the field or the formations and the wheat appeared to be pressed down rather gently. Now I saw a program where the tale-tell sign of fake crop circles done with ropes and boards was that the overlapping blades that come off the main stalk of wheat grass will usually at some point see a break indicating pressure and force applied in the opposing direction that the wheat is laying in. I did not see that on any of the stalks but I can't say that I was very thorough. Anyone out there ever heard of a history of crop circles in or around the Lillington area or even anywhere in North Carolina, I have lived here virtually all my life and have never heard of anything like this happening local to me or really anywhere in North Carolina. I've posted one picture and will post more when they are sent to me. Let me know what you think or if you have any info on this formation or others in the area. I suppose any insights are welcome.

Attached Files

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

sorry, any other pics apart from that one, its not the most convincing of evidence.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Im still waiting on my girlfriend to send the pics. She's out with a girlfriend getting day wasted so i wouldnt hold my breath but I will post them when i get them :)

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,334 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just by that one picture it looks like where the farmer drove through his field.

#5    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm a country dude and that wasn't from a tractor, that much is evident in the other pictures. The one i posted was from within a formation that was relatively small and isolated from any sort of tracks leading to it. The lane of pressed wheat could have been made by a tire but ends abruptly and there is no crushing of any of the stalks, especially like what a tractor would do. Secondly there isn't a lane parallel to the lane at any distance. So it would have to have been a one-wheeled tractor that bounces or flys from one point to another. I'm not saying it was an alien craft but it certainly wasn't a tractor.

#6    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Attached File  crop2small.jpeg   167.65K   16 downloads

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Wind.....

Deer...

Pigs....

People..

I would like to see a picture showing the entire area, or at least a big chunk of it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#8    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

Attached File  crop1small.jpeg   200.52K   23 downloads

#9    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I may be going out there in a short while hopefully I can get some better pics and the lighting will give better contrast. Now I know this image isn't really in focus (girlfriend was in a rush, as usual) but it shows well enough that the stalks that were actually broken are broken a good 6-9 inches above the ground ruling out farm equipment and making it less likely that it was rednecks with boards on ropes. The hoaxer who use boards on ropes and mason's ladders to navigate the fields usually leave behind much more broken stalks and also bruise and abrade the stalks in the process at least a little bit and i don't see anything like that here. but I digress, until i see a photo taken from the air I'll be skeptical.

Attached File  crop5small.jpeg   172.75K   14 downloads

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Wind.......

We call them " dust devils " here, midget tornadoes if you will....

It does look to me like animals bedded down there.

If you really want a good answer, go ask the farmer that owns the land.

Edited by Sakari, 26 May 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#11    julia52

julia52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postbrizink, on 25 May 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

I may be going out there in a short while hopefully I can get some better pics and the lighting will give better contrast. Now I know this image isn't really in focus (girlfriend was in a rush, as usual) but it shows well enough that the stalks that were actually broken are broken a good 6-9 inches above the ground ruling out farm equipment and making it less likely that it was rednecks with boards on ropes. The hoaxer who use boards on ropes and mason's ladders to navigate the fields usually leave behind much more broken stalks and also bruise and abrade the stalks in the process at least a little bit and i don't see anything like that here. but I digress, until i see a photo taken from the air I'll be skeptical.

Attachment crop5small.jpeg

it would be funny if there were big time crop circle hoaxers out your way, unless someone was real desperate for their fifteen minutes of fame..

if you are going to go out there again shortly, then be the investigator for all of us :)  look at the wheat that was 'pressed'; look for any 'dried out' appearances, not necessarily burnt but more like the liquid has evaporated.  also, note the entire area; in other words, look at the forest as a whole and then the trees, one by one, if you get my drift..

if it after investigating further it appears that it could be something that was made or done by something other than natural occurrances, i would start asking the neighbors around that area--but not necessarily if they 'saw something' but the area in general.  unusual activity around there, perhaps?  animals acting strangely?

sounds to me like there might be something there...keep us updated :)

#12    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

thanks for the tips, I'm going to go out there tomorrow afternoon for a good 5 o'clock shadow for the photos and I'll be sure to get better pics of the stalks and look for the psudo-burns you're referring to. I really wish I was still in Civil Air Patrol, I'd take the 778 up and check it out myself.

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postbrizink, on 26 May 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

thanks for the tips, I'm going to go out there tomorrow afternoon for a good 5 o'clock shadow for the photos and I'll be sure to get better pics of the stalks and look for the psudo-burns you're referring to. I really wish I was still in Civil Air Patrol, I'd take the 778 up and check it out myself.

Seriously try to ask the land owner....I am 99.9% sure they can tell you exactly what that was from.

The crops are their income, they know what hurts it, and what does not.

p.s..... You may just want to ask him, before you go trampsing on his crops without permission.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#14    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,483 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

guess our intergalactic cousins've got fed up with boring out cow's asses & abducting cletus 'n his friends.....
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 26 May 2013 - 02:12 AM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#15    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostSakari, on 26 May 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Seriously try to ask the land owner....I am 99.9% sure they can tell you exactly what that was from.

The crops are their income, they know what hurts it, and what does not.

p.s..... You may just want to ask him, before you go trampsing on his crops without permission.

I did ask

Also tagged with crop, circles, cropcircles, lillington, carolina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users