Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Dr Steve Greer nails it!

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#31    Darth Tyranus

Darth Tyranus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 27 May 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

All I know is there have been way to many Airline pilots, Astronauts, (lots with NASA), and people employed by theUS and other Governmenst, who have seen a lot of things in the skies, that even they cannot explain. Many unidentified flying objects can be explained but its that maybe 5% that can NOT be explained, that highly entertains me.

Oh you mean like astronauts in space who mistakenly broadcast across open chanels "HOUSTON WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACE CRAFT UNDER OBSERVANCE". LOL!!!!!!

#32    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,196 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostDarth Tyranus, on 28 May 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Oh you mean like astronauts in space who mistakenly broadcast across open chanels "HOUSTON WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACE CRAFT UNDER OBSERVANCE". LOL!!!!!!

Who says alien and where?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostDarth Tyranus, on 28 May 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Don't let these skeptics back you into a corner. Millions of people do NOT want to know the truth and its upsetting to millions that Americans and Europeans are not the be it all, know it all creatures in the universe. I also have a friend of mine who lives in Florida. She is absolutely terrified of disclosure and aliens being real because it would throw a huge monkey wrench into her religious beliefs. So take it with a grain of salt. Skeptics were the same people who said the world was flat.

SKeptics are not the people who thought the world was flat - think about it, that takes belief.

Your friend has problems. Normal people do not fear shadows in the dark. Deep paranoia does not mean aliens have visited earth. You are the only one holding yourself back from actual knowledge because you like the sound of fairy tales better.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#34    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostDarth Tyranus, on 28 May 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

And its funny how the skeptics tend to toally ignore the old man on his death bed and those that have come forward with EYE WITNESS TESTIMONY of having seen ships and beings in government custody. I guess these people just want to tell a bunch of lies before they go meet their maker.

It should be fairly evident that the earth is being visited by a variety of aliens if you read enough reports from the last half century.

#35    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

No astronaut ever did that. And if you believe the Astronauts that you so proudly tout, they say the same thing.

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.
--Edgar Mitchell

LB: What do you think of NASA’s statement that “Dr.Mitchell is a great American but we don’t share his opinions”?
EM: I can understand if they think I was attributing anything to the NASA organization, or deriving anything from the NASA organization, they can certainly say that. And it’s true because none of my experience or what I said relates to NASA at all.

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.

EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#36    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 28 May 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

It should be fairly evident that the earth is being visited by a variety of aliens if you read enough reports from the last half century.

If you read Clifford Stone religiously and have a large grain of salt handy.

If you actually use your brain - not so much.

Edited by psyche101, 28 May 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#37    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

So an astronaut reporting space junk equates to proof of alien space craft?  I'm sorry but who's to say that's even the original audio from the missions, and if there was some omnipotent government cover up why in the hell would NASA broadcast "alien space craft" plain as day for any  bloke with a radio received to listen into?  Lol your inconsistent belief is showing through.

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostEnderOTD, on 28 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

So an astronaut reporting space junk equates to proof of alien space craft?  I'm sorry but who's to say that's even the original audio from the missions, and if there was some omnipotent government cover up why in the hell would NASA broadcast "alien space craft" plain as day for any  bloke with a radio received to listen into?  Lol your inconsistent belief is showing through.

Posted Image

#39    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,993 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Darth Tyranus, please answer these direct questions:

1. Why did you post hoaxed information?

2. If you were unaware that it was a hoax, what does that say about your 'research skills'?

Before answering, please spend some time perusing these:

http://www.abovetops.../pg2#pid2452988

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4685458

Any questions?   That information is very readily available elsewhere - the fact that you, Darth, were unaware of it speaks volumes.

Please do at least a little homework before spreading misinformation.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

And its funny how the skeptics tend to toally ignore the old man on his death bed and those that have come forward with EYE WITNESS TESTIMONY of having seen ships and beings in government custody. I guess these people just want to tell a bunch of lies before they go meet their maker.

I do not Youtube.

Funny how you canot type out a simple name?

#41    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 28 May 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Since when did quantity trump quality? Quality is what the field is sorely lacking...big time.

ETA: A mountain of anecdotes do not have the evidentiary weight of a single fact.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 28 May 2013 - 04:43 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#42    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,993 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 28 May 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Since when did quantity trump quality? Quality is what the field is sorely lacking...big time.

ETA: A mountain of anecdotes do not have the evidentiary weight of a single fact.
Yup, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand WHY there are a mountain of anecdotes..  I love skywatching, and every night I see dozens of things I can only loosely identify - there's a lot of stuff up there these days...  But perhaps more importantly, ever since we looked up and began to understand that there are *other* planets out there, we began imagining what their inhabitants might be like.  Hence our love of the ufo/alien/sci-fi culture, movies, books, campfire stories...

But as a species we are gradually growing up (well, most are..) and realising some very basic facts:
1. Many/most of these planets have environments extremely hostile to life (eg Mars, Venus..)
2. Life is an incredibly difficult thing to start..
On that second issue - no scientist has ever managed it (and believe me, many have tried/are trying), even with the knowledge of the conditions that must have existed when it started on this planet.  What's more, as far as we can tell, life sprang up only once on earth, and every single type of life evolved from that...

So I think it is quite fair to say that the chances of life getting any toehold even on a planet with perfect conditions, is vanishingly small.  (If you dispute that, just create a very simple life form and show it to us, ok?)  At this point in time, none of our efforts to find life elsewhere have been successful (granted, we have only looked at a few planets in much detail) and we have not seen any sign of life 'out there'.  And finally, despite the best efforts of the hoaxers like Maussan, Dilettosso, Greer et al, there is no evidence whatsoever of any alien life having visited Earth at any time up to now...

Do I believe aliens exist 'out there' somewhere?  Yes.
Do I think we will ever meet/find them, before being wiped out or wiping ourselves out?  Probably Not.
Do I find that depressing?  Not in the slightest.  We live on an amazing planet, in an amazing and incredibly vast Cosmos, and our species has managed to become self-aware and develop the sciences to understand where and what we are...
If we *are* alone in the Cosmos, then that is just awesome!
If we aren't, then that is perhaps just slightly more awesome!  (but only if we do, one day, encounter them or traces thereof..)

It's a bit of a pity that our wonderful reality isn't enough for some folks, who have to go out and invent stuff...

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#43    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 28 May 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

It's a bit of a pity that our wonderful reality isn't enough for some folks, who have to go out and invent stuff...

I would be willing to wager that a full blown field of research and learning could be devoted to answering why that is. Maybe call it "Psychology" or something. I like that, kinda catchy.

This moment of levity brought to you by the letter Sigma and the number 3.13, Pi's highly overshadowed younger brother.

^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate, 28 May 2013 - 08:04 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#44    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Agreed!

#45    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

We dont ignore anything, we are simply saying that someone telling a story is not the evidence we are looking for,... far from it.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users