Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Laugh or Cry - You Decide!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,302 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

This bit makes me want to cry, professor? really? who gave him that title?

Amit Gupta, an American professor

The rest is just damn right hilarious.

Edited by freetoroam, 26 May 2013 - 05:17 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,302 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 26 May 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

as long as you don;t take one inch of space away from this lot .....

Posted Image

don;t mess with them ... you know well you don;t
careful.
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    third_eye

third_eye

¤_Ě M ă Ġ î ń Ć Ř Ī ü Ş_ ¤

• 7,670 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 May 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

careful.

~image snip

Posted Image

oh dear ...

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 26 May 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Perhaps the next Doctor should be a black female one legged trans gender lesbian with learning difficulties.

Because some do not like those in the categories listed above, because some find reason for cruel jokes instead of acceptance, not accusing anyone here, is the the reason the good academic has a point.

When the world is better educated, more informed, when the value of that is more important than entertainment products, we will be better off.

Not saying get rid of entertainment because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy but am saying that those who attack academia are dabbling in anti-intellectualism. That is never admirable except to the populist. The populist is rabble and easy to rouse.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 26 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 26 May 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Because some do not like those in the categories listed above, because some find reason for cruel jokes instead of acceptance, not accusing anyone here, is the the reason the good academic has a point.

When the world is better educated, more informed, when the value of that is more important than entertainment products, we will be better off.

Not saying get rid of entertainment because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy but am saying that those who attack academia are dabbling in anti intellectualism. That is never admirable except to the populist. The populist is rabble and easy to rouse.
I am sure the "good academic" would soon be up in arms if no black person was in the show at all! maybe thats the reason they got a black girl to do the part in the first place, because it was racist not to!

#21    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

The populist is rabble
I find your anti-populist remarks highly offensive.
report yourself to the nearest moderator immediately.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#22    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Because some do not like those in the categories listed above,
*cry*
because some find reason for cruel jokes instead of acceptance,
*laugh*
not accusing anyone here,
(facepalm) *laugh*
is the the reason the good academic
*laugh until little bit of wee comes out*
has a point.
*little bit more wee*

When the world is better educated,
*cry*
more informed,
*laugh*

. when the value of that is more important than entertainment products,
*cry*
we will be better off.
*last of the wee coming out*

Not saying get rid of entertainment because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
*yes it does, doesn't it.*
but am saying that those who attack academia are dabbling in anti intellectualism.
*was wrong about the wee*
That is never admirable except to the populist. The populist is rabble and easy to rouse.
*refer to above post*
laugh or cry?-
is busy crying with laughter.....

Edited by shrooma, 26 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#23    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

*starts up 'sun is warm-water is wet' thread to see if LBA will take contradictory stance*

#24    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Not saying get rid of entertainment because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy but am saying that those who attack academia are dabbling in anti-intellectualism. That is never admirable except to the populist. The populist is rabble and easy to rouse.

Hmm... no sorry Britney, I've read it three times now & I still have no idea what you're on about.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#25    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I have this theory. In my opinion people who accuse other people of racism are generally more likely to be bigger racists themselves.
People who find racism where racism patently doesn't exist (as in the article posted here) are clearly looking for a reason to bring up the subject, this would suggest that they are constantly thinking about race & need only the slimmest of excuses to bring up the subject at any opportunity. They actually detect racism where normal people wouldn't give it a second thought & thereby perpetuate the subject, as in the story about the guy painting his door the st georges flag colours. If the racist council official hadn't said anything then neither would anyone else including the mythical 'offended muslims'.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 26 May 2013 - 08:48 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#26    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 26 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hmm... no sorry Britney, I've read it three times now & I still have no idea what you're on about.
he was saying that a black female one-legged transgender lesbian with learning difficulties might not be the best choice for the next Doctor, INOT.
(i think?!)

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 26 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

I  must admit i read it a few times too, kept my reply short and even now not sure it it relates to his post, but it was worth getting my point across.

#28    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 26 May 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

I have this theory. In my opinion people who accuse other people of racism are generally more likely to be bigger racists themselves.
People who find racism where racism patently doesn't exist (as in the article posted here) are clearly looking for a reason to bring up the subject, this would suggest that they are constantly thinking about race & need only the slimmest of excuses to bring up the subject at any opportunity. They actually detect racism where normal people wouldn't give it a second thought & thereby perpetuate the subject, as in the story about the guy painting his door the st georges flag colours. If the racist council official hadn't said anything then neither would anyone else including the mythical 'offended muslims'.
I have a theory too. well, it's more of a tenet than a theory, and it's that if you can't laugh at yourself, then you've no right laughing at others, and LBA, you take yourself F-A-R too seriously, so not being able to laugh at yourself, you resent those of us who can, and begrudge us our ability to laugh at others.
relax man, do some finger-painting, eat some bogeys, run around your house naked, smile when you fart, get drunk every now & again, but for gods' sake, stop taking everything so bloody seriously!!
LIVE a little eh?

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postshrooma, on 26 May 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

*refer to above post*
laugh or cry?-
is busy crying with laughter.....
STOP IT!! I have done a little wee!  
Posted Image

#30    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 26 May 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Australian academic Lindy Orthia, who compiled the anthology, concluded: ‘The biggest elephant in the room is the problem privately nursed by many fans of loving a TV show when it is thunderingly racist.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2UPrFytr8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'Australian academic'   is that what they call an oxymoron ?
That's where our other academic is?
Yes, it is, tell her t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users