Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Dolphins recognized as non-human persons

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 May 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Except they attack porpoises on sight for no apparent reason.
Alma, I think that's only when the oceanic beasts adhere to different religions.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#17    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,086 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 May 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Except they attack porpoises on sight for no apparent reason.
I'm pretty sure if a different species was observing the human race they would say we attack a great many things for no apparent reason, not least of which is each other and specifically what we feel is different in each other,  a "non-human person" sharing in that attribute is hardly a surprise.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#18    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 May 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure if a different species was observing the human race they would say we attack a great many things for no apparent reason, not least of which is each other and specifically what we feel is different in each other,  a "non-human person" sharing in that attribute is hardly a surprise.
You made a good point, libstaK--my tongue is still in my cheek. . .

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#19    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,092 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postredhen, on 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

According to this Deutsche Welle article;

"India has officially recognized dolphins as non-human persons, whose rights to life and liberty must be respected. Dolphin parks that were being built across the country will instead be shut down."

... and thanks for all the fish. :)

That is great News!

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#20    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Postredhen, on 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

According to this Deutsche Welle article;

"India has officially recognized dolphins as non-human persons, whose rights to life and liberty must be respected. Dolphin parks that were being built across the country will instead be shut down."

... and thanks for all the fish. :)
Superb move India! They'll be a few more on the list that we don't officially even know about I suspect!
Ice Age Giants

Firstly 10/10 BBC for a fantastic show! Secondly, I have a 30yr-in-the-making left-field solution to the megafauna paradox; it's Jupiter's 100ky cycle which gives extra equatorial tidal strength to the Earth's oceans, even pushing warm currents into the Arctic Basin at times. This is the trigger for the onset of a Heinrich event when the glacial thickness has built-up sufficiently enough. Following this logic, it makes sense to assume that it's the Moon which provides the new-science millennial cycle found in the Greenland ice core data. Many thanks for listening.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 28 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#21    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 27 May 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Alma, I think that's only when the oceanic beasts adhere to different religions.

Dolphins are Protestant and Porpoises are Catholic. :P

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#22    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 May 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

"India has officially recognized dolphins as non-human persons,"

=========================================================

This coming from a country who have nuclear weapons!

Posted Image

And your point is?

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,436 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postyour_dark_passenger, on 28 May 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

And your point is?
My point is if they only just found out that a dolphin is non human then they should not be having nuclear weapons!  Its not rocket science......actually!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#24    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

My point is if they only just found out that a dolphin is non human then they should not be having nuclear weapons!  Its not rocket science......actually!

ummm..trying to make sense of your post feels like rocket science to me..I am trying to figure out how nuclear weapons are connected to Dolphins. Are you talking about underwater testing? and what do you suggest that India does with its nuclear weapons?

Edited by your_dark_passenger, 28 May 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,436 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postyour_dark_passenger, on 28 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

ummm..trying to make sense of your post feels like rocket science to me..I am trying to figure out how nuclear weapons are connected to Dolphins. Are you talking about underwater testing? and what do you suggest that India does with its nuclear weapons?
Ditto, trying to make sense of yours is like rocket science to me!
Do not know where you are getting the connected to dolphins bit or underwater testing, whats all that about?

I am anti nuclear weapons full stop, no matter what country has them, and feel even more uneasy knowing that a country which do not know a dolphin is non human has been given the responsibility of having a nuclear weapon.  Is that clear enough?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#26    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Ditto, trying to make sense of yours is like rocket science to me!
Do not know where you are getting the connected to dolphins bit or underwater testing, whats all that about?

I am anti nuclear weapons full stop, no matter what country has them, and feel even more uneasy knowing that a country which do not know a dolphin is non human has been given the responsibility of having a nuclear weapon.  Is that clear enough?

Oh okay. Looks like you are way off topic. I'll ignore you now. Thanks. :yes:

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,436 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postyour_dark_passenger, on 28 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Oh okay. Looks like you are way off topic. I'll ignore you now. Thanks. :yes:
Way off topic? I post one sentence which was actually relevant and you asked me a question, I answered.  You are boring me now. Thanks. :yes:

#28    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 May 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Way off topic? I post one sentence which was actually relevant and you asked me a question, I answered.  You are boring me now. Thanks. :yes:

The topic is not about nuclear weapons at all. Its about Dolphins and their classification as non-human persons. So unless, India is using nuclear weapons to nuke the dolphins, your post doesn't make any sense to me.

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,436 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postyour_dark_passenger, on 28 May 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

The topic is not about nuclear weapons at all. Its about Dolphins and their classification as non-human persons. So unless, India is using nuclear weapons to nuke the dolphins, your post doesn't make any sense to me.
Are you having a laugh? I explained what the point was of my comment and yet you still do not seem to get it.
Sorry, I seem to have missed your post with your opinion in relation to this thread? or have you just come on here to troll me?

#30    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Are you having a laugh? I explained what the point was of my comment and yet you still do not seem to get it.
Sorry, I seem to have missed your post with your opinion in relation to this thread? or have you just come on here to troll me?

I did get that you are against nuclear weapons. I just didn't get why you posted the whole nuclear weapon thingy here since this thread has nothing to do with nuclear weapons. Anyway, I'll sleep on it and I might get it tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users