Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Dolphins recognized as non-human persons


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yeah there's the feasible way to spread out the human population.  Submarines.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#92    woopypooky

woopypooky

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined:26 Apr 2007

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I wonder dolphins ranked where in the land of kasta


#93    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,187 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 June 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yeah there's the feasible way to spread out the human population.  Submarines.

What's that got to do with anything, you said we do not swim a mile deep. We do.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#94    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 June 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

What's that got to do with anything, you said we do not swim a mile deep. We do.
It's got everything to do with it.  I said we do not swim through the earth's crust a mile deep.   Airplanes in the atmosphere and submarines in the sea notwithstanding.

Submarines had nothing to do with global human population.   It's so important for you to be disagreeable, you're disingenuous as a result.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#95    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,187 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 June 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

It's got everything to do with it.  I said we do not swim through the earth's crust a mile deep.   Airplanes in the atmosphere and submarines in the sea notwithstanding.

That is the difference that I was pointing out we manipulate the environment so we may achieve what we want, it sets us apart.

Airlines and submarines give us access to the areas you say we cannot access. And we can access them all.

View PostYamato, on 06 June 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Submarines had nothing to do with global human population.   It's so important for you to be disagreeable, you're disingenuous as a result.

I think you just want to be disagreeable, you said :

we do not swim through the earth's crust a mile deep

After saying we live in 2D.

With submarines we do. What that has to do with population only you know at this stage.

Edited by psyche101, 06 June 2013 - 11:39 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#96    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 June 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

That is the difference that I was pointing out we manipulate the environment so we may achieve what we want, it sets us apart.

Airlines and submarines give us access to the areas you say we cannot access. And we can access them all.



I think you just want to be disagreeable, you said :

we do not swim through the earth's crust a mile deep

After saying we live in 2D.

With submarines we do. What that has to do with population only you know at this stage.
We can put a tank of water on land and put whales in it just like I can put a cylinder of air in the water and put people in it.  

Don't tell me what I said.   I did not say we "cannot access them", I was the one who introduced airplanes inferring that we could.   I did not say "we live in 2D".

We live on the planet's surface.   The difference between the volume of the planet's oceans vs. the surface area of the earth's landmasses is enormous.  In the context of my statements it's even more enormous when we consider there are millions of whales and billions of humans.

Edited by Yamato, 07 June 2013 - 01:07 AM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#97    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2005

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

Good job, now if India could just recognize women as people with rights and liberties that must be respected.


#98    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • CHAMP20NS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

That some description, I don't know if I would describe Dolphins as such but there's no denying they're intelligence...I guess the next step is to create an intelligence barrier to incorporate 'persons of all species' and kick the rest back to the wild.


#99    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,187 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostYamato, on 07 June 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

We can put a tank of water on land and put whales in it just like I can put a cylinder of air in the water and put people in it.  

We can, they cannot, that is the thread remember Yam? Dolphins are Persons?

View PostYamato, on 07 June 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Don't tell me what I said.   I did not say we "cannot access them", I was the one who introduced airplanes inferring that we could.   I did not say "we live in 2D".

I never told you what you said Yam, I quoted you. And here it is again.

View PostYamato, on 01 June 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Humans number over six billion and live on a 2D plane.

Did you forget typing that?

View PostYamato, on 07 June 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

We live on the planet's surface.   The difference between the volume of the planet's oceans vs. the surface area of the earth's landmasses is enormous.  In the context of my statements it's even more enormous when we consider there are millions of whales and billions of humans.

I am not sure what you are trying to say Yam, I suspect you may have forgotten too. What does us living on land got to do with Dolphins being classified as persons?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#100    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 June 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

What does us living on land got to do with Dolphins being classified as persons?
You make up all kinds of words for me and deny it.   We do live on a 2D plane, that's what a surface is.  I don't sink into the ground and I don't float away.  We don't live in submarines 100 miles across and we don't live inside floating continents.  We live on land.  Operative word "on".

What does any of your obfuscation and banter have to do with the subject?  Nothing whatever that I can tell.   What do my comments have to do with it?   If they're persons, then let's oppose those who treat them like they're anything but.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#101    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,187 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostYamato, on 07 June 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

You make up all kinds of words for me and deny it.   We do live on a 2D plane, that's what a surface is.  I don't sink into the ground and I don't float away.  We don't live in submarines 100 miles across and we don't live inside floating continents.  We live on land.  Operative word "on".

What does any of your obfuscation and banter have to do with the subject?  Nothing whatever that I can tell.   What do my comments have to do with it?   If they're persons, then let's oppose those who treat them like they're anything but.

The surface is not 2D, I dont think you understand dimensions. Your a walking face palm Yam. Every-time you try to dig out of a hole you hit a sinkhole.

I do not know how you get that out of your comments, they do not fit the definition of person. To be a "person" one has to be human by definition. It's that simple. Just like how we call Bananas Bananas and some people do not call them apples.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#102    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 June 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

The surface is not 2D, I dont think you understand dimensions. Your a walking face palm Yam. Every-time you try to dig out of a hole you hit a sinkhole.

I do not know how you get that out of your comments, they do not fit the definition of person. To be a "person" one has to be human by definition. It's that simple. Just like how we call Bananas Bananas and some people do not call them apples.
The subject of the OP is non-human persons so obviously, it's not that simple to everyone.

Various debates have focused on questions about the personhood of different classes of entities. Historically, the personhood of animals, women, and slaves has been a catalyst of social upheaval. In most societies today, living adult humans are usually considered persons, but depending on the context, theory or definition, the category of "person" may be taken to include such non-human entities as animals, artificial intelligences, or extraterrestrial life, as well as legal entities such as corporations, sovereign states and other polities, or estates in probate.[3] The category may exclude some human entities in prenatal development, and those with extreme mental impairment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person


the surface of the Earth is (ideally) a two-dimensional sphere, and latitude and longitude provide two-dimensional coordinates on it (except at the poles and along the 180th meridian).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface


Problem with the encyclopedia too?  Why even try anymore, psyche?  Give it up.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#103    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,187 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostYamato, on 07 June 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

The subject of the OP is non-human persons so obviously, it's not that simple to everyone.

Various debates have focused on questions about the personhood of different classes of entities. Historically, the personhood of animals, women, and slaves has been a catalyst of social upheaval. In most societies today, living adult humans are usually considered persons, but depending on the context, theory or definition, the category of "person" may be taken to include such non-human entities as animals, artificial intelligences, or extraterrestrial life, as well as legal entities such as corporations, sovereign states and other polities, or estates in probate.[3] The category may exclude some human entities in prenatal development, and those with extreme mental impairment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person


the surface of the Earth is (ideally) a two-dimensional sphere, and latitude and longitude provide two-dimensional coordinates on it (except at the poles and along the 180th meridian).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface


Problem with the encyclopedia too?  Why even try anymore, psyche?  Give it up.



Try? LOL, nah, your overstating your abilities, your not that much effort Yam.


I think you missed this


Various debates have focused on questions about the personhood of different classes of entities.

and it seems perhaps this:


the surface of the Earth is (ideally) a two-dimensional sphere,

Because as far as the dictionary is concerned:

per·son  

/ˈpərsən/


Noun
  • A human being regarded as an individual.


To my knowledge has not been rewritten to date and


Posted Image





LINK - Mapping Earth's surface in 3D


Ideally:

adv.

1. in accordance with an ideal; perfectly.


2. in theory or principle.[/color]


3. in idea or imagination.



I believe Number 2 would be the choice here. Hell, you make up your own idea of what countries boundaries are, you make up your own laws that you think people should follow, this really should not surprise me should it? Making up your own definitions is just a natural progression.

Edited by psyche101, 07 June 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#104    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,332 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

So there is no meaningful mathematical difference between 149,000,000 square kilometers and 1,347,000,000 cubic kilometers, because of submarines and the usual litany of personal attack against me caused by soreness from debates in the past.   You'll have to get back on topic by yourself, psyche.  We're done here.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#105    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 June 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

This is very cool!

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users