Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Child photographed with ghostly figure

erin potter virgin mary

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Could be a double exposure, or a person with a bald head dressed in red standing behind the child.  To me, it looks like a Buddhist monk, but then I think you can see what you want to see in this image.  I do not see the Virgin Mary, unless she shaved her head.

#32    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostBlueBomber, on 30 May 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

I don't think it's a slow shutter speed, the child isn't really blurry and the arm on the left hand side of the picture has a clear defined shadow. More likely lens flare, but also possibly the spirit of Elvis.
Taking photos of something moving when you're using both a slow shutter speed and a flash can lead to the odd effect of objects being simultaneously blurred and sharp.  Sharp in the sense that the subject is clearly defined because nearly all the light came from a very short flash burst which captures the subject sharply and blurred in the sense that for the rest of the time the shutter was open it was gathering light of a moving object so you get a trailing or leading blur from the object in motion.  The shutter speed was obviously slow enough that the motion of the sparkler's head is clear.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#33    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,946 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Could be a double exposure, or a person with a bald head dressed in red standing behind the child.  To me, it looks like a Buddhist monk, but then I think you can see what you want to see in this image.  I do not see the Virgin Mary, unless she shaved her head.

Ms O'connor seems to believe she's there somewhere

http://www.youtube.c...inéad-o-connor

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#34    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

I always loved the way Ms. O'Connor looked with her shaved head.  She has perfect features for that, doesn't she?  And what a voice.  It has nothing to do with the photo in question, but like I said,  I think a person could see what they want  to see in that picture

#35    khakain

khakain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I agree with the guys that said it looked like a monk of some sort.  It doesn't look like the Virgin Mary to me.  Also, I don't think she's a virgin anymore, since she supposedly had other children, but it wouldn't be the first time somebody has fibbed about being a virgin.

#36    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Whats wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I actually do see the virgin mary, you see the shadow part of her head is the covering that her cloak would represent, her arm is out and it appears to have clothing like a robe covering part of it... I hope the child makes it through, I know what doctors and all that crap can feel like

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#37    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Nooooo. Even the child looks like you can see right through them, it looks like a regular human - just a blurred one.

#38    YinLove of DragonClan

YinLove of DragonClan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Creep, be It could be some light though....

#39    Perfection

Perfection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Lens flare: (Why would anyone have even suggested this?

That is my phrase for light passing diagonally through the lens & being processed as a direct passage. The light distorts from imperfections in the glass & becomes a part of the picture which is purely camera related & nothing whatsoever to do with the subject being photographed. My reasoning in coming to that phrase is due to the lens spreading the light out or enlarging it as it passes diagonally or sideways through the lens. In that picture I see the sparkler light passing sideways through the lens & becoming larger as a result

#40    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,777 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 01 June 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I actually do see the virgin mary, you see the shadow part of her head is the covering that her cloak would represent, her arm is out and it appears to have clothing like a robe covering part of it... I hope the child makes it through, I know what doctors and all that crap can feel like

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know what the Virgin Mary looks like?  We know what Renaissance-era artists thought she looked like, but I don't think anyone really knows what she really looked like.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#41    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Looks more like someone is having fun with photo effects in some free software, or they have a seriously effed up camera.

Edited by keninsc, 06 June 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#42    mystic_chill

mystic_chill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

The picture itself looks really distorted. The ghostly figure seems to be of a full gowned person looking down, but what I also notice is that it is in fact in front of the kid. You can see the light source overlap the kid. And then there is the light coming from the left side of the picture from what appears to be someone else in using sparkles. This was a motion shot altogether in a night setting with very viberant lights. Anything strange can result from it, but it usually dont result in a full figured apparition. I cant make any conclusions on this.

#43    Perfection

Perfection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

She's holding her face like Mary does, that's a positive. Her hand is the only thing out of place as it extends under & is holding the sparkler.

#44    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,946 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Mother MAry comes to me ... in many ways ....

Published on Nov 13, 2012
A Malaysian hospital has been attracting a lot of catholic faithfuls on sighting the image of the Virgin Mary "miraculously"appearing on one of the buildings windows. Over 100 worshipers converged at the Sime Darby Medical Centre to hold a prayer vigil.

Posted Image

photos: Facebook, Leong Yook Kong; Internet

"It is so wonderful that our Mother has come to us in a hospital, where many of the sick are crying out for her help," she said.
Several claimed the colour and position of the image also changed.
Businessman Sheree Rao, 21, who went up inside to get a close look at the window, said the image was only visible from the outside.
"I touched the glass, thinking it could be paint or something else. But there was nothing,'' he added.

link

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#45    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,777 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostPerfection, on 08 June 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

She's holding her face like Mary does, that's a positive. Her hand is the only thing out of place as it extends under & is holding the sparkler.

Again, how do you know what Mary even looks like or how she "holds her face"?

Frankly, Mary could have looked like this for all we know:

Attached File  florida-good-times1.jpg   29.24K   3 downloads

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users