Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Kids Poisoned by Medical Marijuana

pot marijuana poison

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#61    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,850 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostYamato, on 30 May 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

If we were bombing the Middle East (and ourselves) with marijuana, the "war on terror" would have been won years ago.

Overdoing it with marijuana is like overdoing it on anything else.   Consume it responsibly and you'll sleep better at night, have a healthier appetite, grow a bigger brain, ward off disease like Alzheimers, and you'll change the way you look at the world.   George Carlin was right.  Marijuana is a substance that changes our values and that's why the establishment doesn't want us smoking it and asking questions the ensuing thoughtfulness will produce.  The establishment wants obedient workers, not educated people who realize how badly they've been getting served by the powers that run the big country club we're not members of.
yeah that would work..seems middle east grow it anyway..

#62    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,493 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

i would argue that the kids were not  "Poisoned"   .. did they die?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#63    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,906 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

The least toxic "drug" in the entire pharmacopeia, and the MSM focuses on vague references to children getting their hands on too much and overdosing.   The symptom of marijuana overdose is unconsciousness, which for many people equates to catching up on their sleep.  Some poison.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#64    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,906 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

An American dies from prescription drugs every 19 minutes.   Nobody has ever died of a cannabis overdose in known history.   Hey I know, let's focus on articles about cannabis poisoning!  Great idea.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#65    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,079 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

but is sounds so good, evil drugs poison our children, lets give another billion to war on drugs.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#66    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

How many inmates in the US are there for marijuana related crimes?
Take the total numbers of inmates, subtract the number of potheads behind bars and the answer you're left with is a gaping hole in the prison industry. That's exactly what it is: an industry.

Edit to add -- My heart goes out to all those youngsters who had years of their lives stripped away by the state simply for having a joint in their pocket. It's disgusting that this has been allowed to continue for so long, fueled by B.S. propaganda. Weed is the low-hanging fruit for law enforcement. Cowards.

Edited by Dark_Grey, 02 January 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#67    S.Tx.Rocker

S.Tx.Rocker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think the report is bull@#%!, but if  children and young kids are being exposed to pot, I think someone should hold the parents or guardians responsible and make sure they pay for it.

#68    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 January 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

but is sounds so good, evil drugs poison our children, lets give another billion to war on drugs.

Quick! Some one call the DEA! I feel unsafe because people want to smoke pot in their own home! :-*
That's statist thinking for ya.

#69    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,079 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

children and young kids are already exposed to alcohol,, who holds the parents or guardians responsible, and makes sure they pay for it????

Edited by aztek, 02 January 2014 - 06:29 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#70    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,468 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

View Postaztek, on 28 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

active compain agains mj.
for decades ppl smoked it, no problems, now "medical" mj gets a first step, and this crap happens. someone laced it with some crap on purpose.
Or, far more easily, just made some **** up in order to discredit it.

#71    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,123 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

I noticed how the sources in the OP never stated what symptoms these poor innocent children endured at the hands of the evil weed. Well here's a clue folks, it's all BS!!!! No such thing ever happened because if it had, they would be very forthcoming with the details, which are woefully absent. Not the first shred of verifiable evidence was offered to back up the claim, and we're just supposed to take thier word for it? really?

Posted Image

#72    Cherrypress

Cherrypress

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

C'mon, the use of the word "poisoning" is nothing but Prohibitionist scare mungering.

Edited by Cherrypress, 02 January 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#73    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,468 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

Not bad, it's ben legal in one state for two days and "someone" is screaming about people being poisoned.

#74    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,356 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 January 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

Not bad, it's ben legal in one state for two days and "someone" is screaming about people being poisoned.
The OP was from May. :whistle:

The only way I can see people in general being seriously poisoned by a marijana product is if it had something else cut into it. Like if someone tried to add heroin or an opiate. Or, if it had some wack insecticide soaked into the plant.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#75    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,138 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 May 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Some do induce a lethargic effect, even mainly present in the next day. There are two main types of marijuana. Sativa, which is more of an active high, increases levels of concentration and focus. Indica, which is the type where you basically get sleepy and lazy. Both may induce lethargy the next day. It comes down to the strain it was grown from.

I also second this question. If not lethargy. Smoking marijuana makes people passive. I have never seen someone go into a frenzy or such.

The only possible explanation is that due to marijuana being a psychoactive substance. A mentally disturbed person consuming it and bringing to surface some schizophrenia and acting from that or any other mental issue that may lead to such an act.

So, I live in Washington, pot's been a pretty hot topic around here for a long time and it always comes up in conversation. I was talking to one friend on NYE who was offered a celebratory toke, and he cheerfully declined and said it actually makes him surly and angry. And judging by what I know of him, I thought that was funny given he's a super zen dude naturally. It can have some weird affects on some people (he's not mentally ill to the best of my knowledge). I too have a very opposite reaction to than most people to marijuana... it is like syrup of ipecac to me, it totally makes me barf almost instantly.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Also tagged with pot, marijuana, poison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users