Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'I've rid the world of 160,000 demons'

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,281 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

It's an empty boast.   How is he going to prove it?

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#17    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Wow that's like the movie the Exorcist but on a large scale!!!

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#18    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 28 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

An exorcism once a day would work out to 438 years. Me thinks the priest is a bit touched.

Drive through exorcisms...?

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#19    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm all for him doing his exorcisms, so long as his subjects aren't forced into them... Why not? No harm, no foul...

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Chances are good,that if he really did vanquish demons,he had repeat offenders .
That's even a theme in the exorcist and the Amityville horror . Same demon possesses new victims

Miss me?

#21    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 28 May 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

It's an empty boast.   How is he going to prove it?

Send a detective to find traces of any spooky ghost ectoplasm they usually leave behind.

#22    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 May 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Chances are good,that if he really did vanquish demons,he had repeat offenders .
That's even a theme in the exorcist and the Amityville horror . Same demon possesses new victims

That's exactly what I was thinking! is it really 160000 demons or just a couple of demons several thousand times.  Or perhaps it's a scam like in "The Frighteners"

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

#23    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 28 May 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

The most interesting aspect is "wanting to allow all priests to do the ritual."

My first thought with the mass canonization of the 800 saints recently, fast tracking them to sainthood, was that some elements within the Catholic Church believe they are in spiritual warfare and need lots of backup, now, pronto!

This sort of adds onto that hunch. Would love the Church to be more open and tell us what is going on if anything so I could know it is not just my bias confirmation kicking in now. Of course if nothing is going on then there is nothing to tell us. Would love a chat with Pope Francis or someone else just to chat.

Still if true this gives me hope!!! Whether one believes in demons or not is not really important. Example to follow:

Two people are arguing, they leave mad, return after making up but sense something off in their home and a weird scent. They begin to bless it, making crosses over doors with olive oil, then tell demons they are not welcomed. Of course if demons do not exist the couple still realizes they need better tools to help their relationship so they also look into that. In the end a better relationship is the result. True story. Cannot stop with casting away demons but if it is part of how someone sees the world, more power to them if they find real world solutions to their problems in addition.

Rely on yourself, rely on science, any other symbols, cultural beliefs, and tools added to that are just ritual that give shape, form, and comfort to the overall remedy.
Well maybe.However, if you look into the the majority of those canonized,they were victims of the Turks who refused to convert to islam,the others canonized I think were a couple of nuns.

#24    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• 1,564 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostRob Awesome, on 29 May 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

That's exactly what I was thinking! is it really 160000 demons or just a couple of demons several thousand times.  Or perhaps it's a scam like in "The Frighteners"

Demons must be like bowling pins, you knock one over, the ones behind them fall too and, and a really good exorcism knocks them all out and the priest gets a score like "326 demons" in one throw.

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,739 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I tend to believe in both angels and demons, but I wonder if some "exorcisms" on those afflicted with certain forms of mental/physical illness are not rather experiencing the effects of the power of belief, the so-called "placebo effect".

Here's a snippet from: http://www.scientifi...ure-in-the-mind

In Brief
  • In recent decades reports have confirmed the efficacy of various sham treatments in nearly all areas of medicine. Placebos have helped alleviate pain, depression, anxiety, Parkinson’s disease, inflammatory disorders and even cancer.
  • Placebo effects can arise not only from a conscious belief in a drug but also from subconscious associations between recovery and the experience of being treated—from the pinch of a shot to a doctor’s white coat. Such subliminal conditioning can control bodily processes of which we are unaware, such as immune responses and the release of hormones.
  • Researchers have decoded some of the biology of placebo responses, demonstrating that they stem from active processes in the brain.

Edited by pallidin, 29 May 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#26    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

160,000 demons, that's quite a bit. I have to wonder, does he keep a diary or something to tally that?

#27    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Oh crap he beat me, i've only rid 159,999 demons.

#28    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,441 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

This guy is just a Serial Demon Killer.I hope the Cops get him before there's non left.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#29    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

The 160,000 number is possibly so high because more than one demon can supposedly possess or inhabit a person at a time. So, when the priest did an exorcism, it was like cleaning house.

#30    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,624 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Members are reminded that discussing moderation in threads is in breach of the following rule:

6c. Appeal: Do not post content designed to complain about, rally support against or to criticise moderator action. If you disagree with action taken by a member of staff you have the option to appeal the decision by PMing a moderator or administrator.

Please keep commentary civil and on topic.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users