Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Endangered whale used for Japan dog treats

dog treats michinoku farm icelandic hunters whale endangered

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

So much for "scientific purposes" behind Japan's whaling. This is abhorrent.

#17    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I guess Japan missed the southpark episode Whale Whores... it is Cow and Chicken they should be killing now.

#18    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

Pretty sure this would be an act of war on Japan, and in turn, the US of A... :no:

#19    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Cows and chickens don't have the slightest chance in hell of becoming extinct. They're the most reproduced and propagated animals on the planet, so yes meat eaters, Japan should be killing them now.   Cows and chickens are farmed, find me what genius is spending decades raising/farming whales.   You can't find one, because it's not economically feasible.  The day someone shows that it is, is the day the chicken and cow argument has some parity in its logic.  The difference is an economic one.   Japan is playing with the economics of extinction and business is good.  Nobody has to spend the energy or the resources to birth that whale and raise it from infancy into a giant mercury-laden whale steak..   Not only are we killing an individual, we're also enjoying the fact that the ocean paid the full cost of production for that individual.   Just shoot them in the back of the head and watch them bleed out until they suffocate on their own blood.  How convenient!   Oh, but there's people doing something about that?   They must be terrorists then.   What powers of reason that is.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Pretty sure this would be an act of war on Japan, and in turn, the US of A... :no:

Not to mention an incredibly stupid idea.

I wish these bloody outsiders would stop trying to throwing Australia into this crap. Getting pretty sick of hearing how we seem to be expected to force Japan to stop Whaling in International waters. Why don't these losers stop them as soon as they leave Japans waters and leave us out of it.

It's all so they can have their Whale Wars show to watch. It's beyond pathetic.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

So if I knowingly buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them.   Genius.

What a stupid comparison. This is exactly the type of kneed jerk reaction Watson Relies upon. You know the whales were not taken in the south, you know the Japanese have nothing to do with this, and rather than put Iceland on the spot and ask them why this excess exists, you would rather let the actual killers go free so you can pursue your personal Japanese agenda.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website,

It will get you another seasons of Whale Wars right?

Pathetic when people push justice aside for a personal agenda. You really need to have a good look at what you think you are doing, you have cetacean support completely back to front. You are a good reason to listen to Japan's argument, it cannot possible be as inane as your above proposal of involving Australia to do your dirty wrk to keep your stupid TV show alive.

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Iceland needs to be handed its own ass in court along with Japan.

Wow, look out everyone, we have an Einstein on board!!!!!!

They are in your part of the world, what are you doing? Let me guess, buying up Watsons new DVD season?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 29 May 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

the dogs don't care how expensive their snack is.  Seems silly to feed them something so exotic and expensive.  A lot like wealthy people eating gold flakes in ice cream.  Showing off.

Never given a dog a SCHMACKOS have you?

Edited by psyche101, 30 May 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#23    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostEtherialNight, on 29 May 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

So much for "scientific purposes" behind Japan's whaling. This is abhorrent.

Japan did not kill these whales, I mentioned this in like the third post, the article clearly states that Iceland took the whales from the north. Not sure how you missed it, the thread is like 2 pages long.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Why I'll come off as anti-marriage for opposing shark poachers once Asians are indoctrinated enough into eating it.   I couldn't have seen that one coming...

Nope. I can honestly say this has not changed my opinion of your views at all.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostSilver Surfer, on 29 May 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I guess Japan missed the southpark episode Whale Whores... it is Cow and Chicken they should be killing now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 30 May 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#26    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Oh, but there's people doing something about that?   They must be terrorists then.   What powers of reason that is.

You seem to get people who are trying to do something about it confused with people making sure those people fail, and they get a TV show with high ratings. If you are listed as terrorists by the International Whaling Commission, and the people who look after Whales ask you to rack off, then you have to have a look at yourself. The people trying to stop whaling have been saying for ages that vigilantes do not help, and anyone can see that in all the decades the SS has been on the water, like 35 years, they have not stopped whaling. But they have developed a high rating TV show. That only aggravate the situation and stuffs it up for the people trying to actually get us back the the 1986 moratorium.

But hey, you get a TV show you just love right?

Here, give this a try instead of asking Australia to go to war in International Waters with Japan, it makes as much sense.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 30 May 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Yes they do.  They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws.  The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

They do not breach Australian waters. You know this but refuse to accept it. That does not change the law, no matter how hard you squint your eyes and wish. Countries are not allowed to just make up new borders and say they own them, if they could, then you might be onto something.

And the topic is not Japanese Whalers, the link states very clearly these whales were taken in the north by Iceland, but you only see those deaths as an opportunity to push your agenda and keep your TV show alive, and if that does not show you that you are a Watson fanatic with an alternate agenda, then I do not know what does.

Edited by psyche101, 30 May 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 May 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

What a stupid comparison. This is exactly the type of kneed jerk reaction Watson Relies upon. You know the whales were not taken in the south, you know the Japanese have nothing to do with this, and rather than put Iceland on the spot and ask them why this excess exists, you would rather let the actual killers go free so you can pursue your personal Japanese agenda.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website,

It will get you another seasons of Whale Wars right?

Pathetic when people push justice aside for a personal agenda. You really need to have a good look at what you think you are doing, you have cetacean support completely back to front. You are a good reason to listen to Japan's argument, it cannot possible be as inane as your above proposal of involving Australia to do your dirty wrk to keep your stupid TV show alive.
My argument is logical.  Buying it =/= "nothing to do with it".

Iceland is on the spot, I'm the one that said to drag their ass to court, what are you flaming your whale-hate at me for?  

What is Japan's "argument" as it's relevant to this topic?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#29    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 May 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

They do not breach Australian waters. You know this but refuse to accept it. That does not change the law, no matter how hard you squint your eyes and wish. Countries are not allowed to just make up new borders and say they own them, if they could, then you might be onto something.

And the topic is not Japanese Whalers, the link states very clearly these whales were taken in the north by Iceland, but you only see those deaths as an opportunity to push your agenda and keep your TV show alive, and if that does not show you that you are a Watson fanatic with an alternate agenda, then I do not know what does.
I've already cited the Australian waters they're breaching and you ran from the discussion never to return again.   You must be the only Aussie alive who doesn't know where his own waters are and your attitude on this thread shows me you're very bitter from past discussions with me.

Countries make up new borders and say they own them all the time.  No borders or countries would exist as they do today if your denials were reality.

#30    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 May 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You seem to get people who are trying to do something about it confused with people making sure those people fail, and they get a TV show with high ratings. If you are listed as terrorists by the International Whaling Commission, and the people who look after Whales ask you to rack off, then you have to have a look at yourself. The people trying to stop whaling have been saying for ages that vigilantes do not help, and anyone can see that in all the decades the SS has been on the water, like 35 years, they have not stopped whaling. But they have developed a high rating TV show. That only aggravate the situation and stuffs it up for the people trying to actually get us back the the 1986 moratorium.

But hey, you get a TV show you just love right?

Here, give this a try instead of asking Australia to go to war in International Waters with Japan, it makes as much sense.

Posted Image
The resident mouthpiece of the IWC.  What a lame excuse for a bureaucracy.  Supporting that ahead of the oceans you cluelessly rely on for your very survival is one of the worst examples of statism around.

There's no argument about it.  Japanese whale poachers are killing whales in a whale sanctuary.  I already asked you what part of the word sanctuary you couldn't understand and you couldn't answer the question, and the reason you lick up to them is because they're rich on the toil and sweat of the Japanese taxpayer.  They're not some poor black guy in a rusty pickup truck with a rifle who got a bullet in his head for his trouble that I never heard you whining about terrorism for.

Your beautiful country is taking Japan to court.   Grovel with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users