Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Druid path

druid ár ndraíocht féin obod oad pagan

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,462 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

unfortunately, I can't post pics on my posts, for some reason the uploader on here won't work, but I CAN upload profile pics, and i'll show you some pics i've taken from various festivals at stonehenge, and you'll see that the place is remarkably litter-free!
most people who go respect the site. you are given rubbish bags on entry, and nearly everyone uses them. damaging the site is virtually impossible. the stones have been there 5000yrs, through storms, hurricanes, and earthquakes, so people partying amongst them won't damage them. you do get the odd couple of idiots who try to climb the outer ring of trilithons, but they try to do this faced by very angry mobs of people who drag them back down before they get very far and are immediately arrested.
the greatest damage of the site has come from the government, who thought nothing of building a main road straight through it, so any damage we do would be nothing in comparison.
stonehenge is a living site, it deserves to be filled with celebration, not isolated. when the govt. banned the old festival in '85 it caused riots that carried on for years, until they opened it back up to the public in 2000.
people have always been drawn to the place, they have a need to be there, that no police exclusion zone or fencing can stop.
i've been arrested several times down there for running roadblocks and cordons, because the place is ours, it belongs to us, not the government, the police, and especially not the english heritage, the body responsible for the site, who deem it worthy enough to make £5million a year out of the place, but won't put a penny back into it for desperately needed renovation!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
b¡t¢h due to your lack of understanding.

#17    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postshrooma, on 30 May 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

.....or he could be part of the stonehenge & amesbury druids.
they're a bit more radical than the HOGD, very vocal when it comes to gatecrashing public meetings about the (alleged!) renovation of the 'henge.
which one's your uncle Rogue, i've met them all at one time or other, so I must've met your uncle at some point!

Yes that's it, Stonehenge and Amesbury druids. Can I send you a PM and tell you who my uncle is?

#18    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,462 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostRogue Suga, on 01 June 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Can I send you a PM and tell you who my uncle is?
sure you can rogue, open doors have always been the key, so please, feel free!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
b¡t¢h due to your lack of understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users