Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Sea Shepherd announces Operation Relentless

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#76    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostYamato, on 04 June 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

It's likely most people haven't seen the newest ship in the fleet, the SSS Sam Simon (named after its procurer, an animal rights advocate, philanthropist and co-creator of 'The Simpsons')!   :clap:
It was formerly the Japanese Kaiko Maru #8; and karma's a b ___ once again.

I do not think he has a clue, he supports PETA too. More money than sense. PETA are a PITA more than anything.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#77    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 June 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

I do not think he has a clue, he supports PETA too. More money than sense. PETA are a PITA more than anything.
Non-violent confrontation over differences of opinion isn't a good idea?   Let me guess, opinions shouldn't be challenged, so long as they're your opinions...ergo "a PITA".  

I think the biggest limiter of all to real change in the world are the culled masses uninterested in confronting the smiley hand shakers and greasy palmed money changers with strong opinions that set the world's policies.  As we are, money + power = legitimacy.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#78    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Great, next up : An environmental group against Sea Shepherd because they keep poluting Antarctica with their way to big ships.

#79    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostRender, on 10 June 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Great, next up : An environmental group against Sea Shepherd because they keep poluting Antarctica with their way to big ships.
Okay, you get right on that since nobody else will.  And don't exclude the illegal Japanese whalers from your idea when their ships are many times bigger.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#80    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Aerosmith's Joe Perry and Steven Tyler join forces with Sea Shepherd for the oceans

#81    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,922 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

God, they're tiresome. i know some people are passionate about them, but they're just a bunch of irresponsible pirates with no concern for safety whatsoever.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#82    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 26 June 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

God, they're tiresome. i know some people are passionate about them, but they're just a bunch of irresponsible pirates with no concern for safety whatsoever.

What's tiresome are the nameless internet critics with a lot of name-calling and butt-sitting but no role models much less action of their own.  

What's effective however, is Sea Shepherd:

Sea Shepherd credited with thwarting 90% of intended catch. Tokyo calls it "SABOTAGE."

Japanese whalers have returned from Antarctic waters with a record-low catch, and the government blamed what it called "unforgivable sabotage" by the activist group Sea Shepherd.
The annual 48-day hunt killed 103 minke whales, just 11% of the 935 the Japanese had hoped to take. The hunters also wanted 50 humpback and 50 fin whales but killed none, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries said. That's the smallest catch since 1987, a year after "research whaling" was exempted under the international treaty that bans hunting the marine mammals.

http://www.usatoday....epherd/2064701/

#83    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,922 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 June 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

What's tiresome are the nameless internet critics with a lot of name-calling and butt-sitting but no role models much less action of their own.  

What's effective however, is Sea Shepherd:

What they may be effective at is being a bunch of pirates with no conern for safety whatsoever. If you're pirates with no concern for safety whatsoever, then you're going to be able to get results, even if it means endangering people (including your own) and throwing away your ships in the cause of publicity. This is exactly the way that terrorist organisations work.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#84    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 June 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Aerosmith's Joe Perry and Steven Tyler join forces with Sea Shepherd for the oceans

LOL, all those drugs Tyler and Perry did are starting to really show the effects now aren't they! LOL, ageing hippies. No wonder the Stones always outsold them.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#85    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 26 June 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

What they may be effective at is being a bunch of pirates with no conern for safety whatsoever. If you're pirates with no concern for safety whatsoever, then you're going to be able to get results, even if it means endangering people (including your own) and throwing away your ships in the cause of publicity. This is exactly the way that terrorist organisations work.

They are very good at making sure the Japanese are annoyed enough to come back with more and bigger boats each year, which will ensure the success of the Whale Wars series.

That is what this is really about. Money and fame. And all it needs be is on TV for some to be legit.

#86    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 June 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

They are very good at making sure the Japanese are annoyed enough to come back with more and bigger boats each year, which will ensure the success of the Whale Wars series.

That is what this is really about. Money and fame. And all it needs be is on TV for some to be legit.
'Whale Wars' put millions of people from across the world on the bridge of Sea Shepherd's flagship.  Their budget, that they actually balance every year unlike our beloved government whalers, expanded greatly as a result.   Sea Shepherd has been around since 1977.  That's what the 77 on the bow of the Steve Irwin is for.   'Whale Wars' first aired in what, 2009?   I think it was already legit for 32 years without your favorite TV show making it so.

With more and bigger boats?   Where'd you read that?   The whalers don't have bigger boats every year, nor more of them.  The Japanese whaling fleet is bankrupt.  A massive money hole draining scarce resources that would otherwise be spent on productive uses in Japan for the benefit of the taxpayers.  The whaling fleet is an illegal government-subsidized money wasting special interest.   It's no wonder the world is united against it.   It's a celebration that their multimillion dollar defenses they roll out on their ships every year get completely owned by a small group of vigilantes on a budget that's pennies on their dollar.   Thanks to 'Whale Wars' and donations by concerned citizens in Australia like you, Sea Shepherd's fleet has grown powerful enough to take an awesome bite out of the criminal Japanese whaling industry.

#87    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Well I guess Sea Shepherd shouldn't accept a free ship from someone who supports PETA then.   That'd be like supporting Greenpeace or something.  They must find donors whose farts smell like roses before they take their money.   Like every taxpayer getting hosed by their government paying for criminal losers on big shiny grey ships hauling home the mercury meat.   Moral scruples are unacceptable!

#88    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I for one support them. These Japanese whalers have no respect for the law or treaties. They consistently kill whales in our waters, wait, do scientific research in our waters and get away with it.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#89    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,922 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostYamato, on 26 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

'Whale Wars' put millions of people from across the world on the bridge of Sea Shepherd's flagship.  Their budget, that they actually balance every year unlike our beloved government whalers, expanded greatly as a result.   Sea Shepherd has been around since 1977.  That's what the 77 on the bow of the Steve Irwin is for.   'Whale Wars' first aired in what, 2009?   I think it was already legit for 32 years without your favorite TV show making it so.

At least it'd be safer on TV than on the bridge of one of Sea Sheprd's kamikaze boats.

It's a celebration that their multimillion dollar defenses they roll out on their ships every year get completely owned by a small group of vigilantes on a budget that's pennies on their dollar.
vigilantes now is it? but yet, it's the Japanese who don't care about the law.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#90    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 26 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

At least it'd be safer on TV than on the bridge of one of Sea Sheprd's kamikaze boats.

vigilantes now is it? but yet, it's the Japanese who don't care about the law.
Kamikaze?  Who's died that you're so snippy?

Vigilantes don't care about the law?   Who taught you that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users